Hondo's Bar

Deadpool 2

I'm kinda hoping Deadpool2 is going to be a parody of time travel films or a time travel/fish-out-of-water plot. I'm thinking something akin to Austin Powers but a smidge less cartoonish and with much more violence and vulgarity.

That sounds super awesome. I'd actually be surprised now if they don't take that route. It sounds fun and different. The potential for an anarchic film like Deadpool w/ 4th wall time-travel elements driving the plot...I'm so in.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 3 weeks later...

THR: Michael Shannon frontrunner to play Cable in Deadpool 2

YPfIiNe.jpg

Michael Shannon has emerged as the frontrunner for the much-buzzed about Deadpool 2 role of Cable opposite Ryan Reynolds, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say that Shannon isn’t the only one on the studio’s list but is the one leading the pack as the top choice at this stage. Stranger Things actor David Harbour is also on the shortlist. Kyle Chandler’s name surfaced last summer but sources say he was never in contention for the role.

(...)

Atlanta breakout Zazie Beetz is already cast as the super-powered merc named Domino.

The character Shannon would potentially play, Cable, was co-created by Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld and writer Louise Simonson, and is described as in many ways being the opposite of Deadpool: a man who is a leader and used to being obeyed, who is very controlled but with an aura of simmering violence. In the comics, Cable was from the future and was the adult of Scott Summers, also known as the X-Man Cyclops.

Deadpool 2 is scheduled to shoot from this summer in Vancouver.

One factor that could prevent Shannon from taking on the role is scheduling. The in-demand Oscar nominee just signed on for the indie What They Had which shoots this spring.

apparently, Pierce Brosnan & Pitt were both rumored as well? getting kinda crazy

Well, damn. I never would've thought Pitt would be a good Cable, but if he bulks up a bit like in thea concept art...I might be on board with it. First shot, other than the Terminator-esque blue lightning in the background looks on point with the techno-organic virus and eyes. Second pic on the left also looks good. Second pic on the right is not my thing at all though. Dislike.

That patch on her face might work better as like, an all-black splotch? Maybe 'cuz she's already dark-skinned, they went w/ a lighter-splotch...like a 'reverse domino'...effect? Ah dunno, I think a jet-black splotch w/ an all-white eye (no iris / pupil) could look cool...but looks like Cable is already goin' w/ that one-white-eye...thing.

(shrugs) It is concept - but yeah, could use sum work to look a bit more distinct.

should be more big-titty body armor than catsuit...

That should be mandatory w/ all armor. That's where X3 went wrong. LOL

You guys don't even sound like annoying fanboys at this point, you just sound like douchebags.

Shooting for fanboy. Cable looks cool - so does Domino. What's wrong w/ boobies? I seriously think a black splotch on her face would look better. (shrugs)

stock-photo-william-shakespeare-in-period-clothing-sitting-in-school-desk-with-laptop-computer-shrugging-at-3619770.jpg

For the record - X3 would've been a better movie if it had more bewbs. That's science. wink.png

x-men.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

huh, just looked up Domino's outfits through the years... I'm not finding the one I most remember. Was that even her? The armored outfit I remember kinda looked like Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, shoulder pads and gear webbing, but the front was a single thick pad formed over her chest giving her the oversized big-titty bulge... ah well

Edited by Drifter

huh, just looked up Domino's outfits through the years... I'm not finding the one I most remember. Was that even her? The armored outfit I remember kinda looked like Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, shoulder pads and gear webbing, but the front was a single thick pad formed over her chest giving her the oversized big-titty bulge... ah well

Ditto. Just did the same search on google and found her more recent iterations show high levels of cleavage. But this is how I remember her from back in the day when I was reading X-Force comics:

76497106faea5a96743eb969c7295d72.jpg

domino3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Brolin cast as Cable. Thats actually better than any of the names they were throwing around!!! Cant believe no one threw that out as a possiblity before, even as a dream casting!

I'm not getting the option to post a hotlink from my phone, but he's a source:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/amp/deadpool/thanos-actor-josh-brolin-has-signed-on-to-play-cable-in-deadpool-2-a150326

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Eh - not a fan of the casting only 'cuz of fanboy reasons. Same actor playing 2 huge comic book characters - Thanos and Cable? But, at the same time - Brolin is unrecognizable as Thanos - 'cept in voice. Might work. We still have no idea what vision they have for the live-action version of Cable. Cap was played by the Human Torch, afterall. (shrugs)

I really hope he's not a walking punchline w/ all those 80s / 'Disney's MARVEL' references...LOL - but it's gonna be a Deadpool flick, so...I can see DP handing Cable a 'Little Mermaid' plush..."Here, I bet you like Disney, right? Yeeeah, I bet you do. (whispers) It's okay...(gets closer)...I like Disney, too..." Cable just decks him...

• 3 months later...