Hondo's Bar

Wolverine

The NZA

Yeah, I'ma still call shenanigans on that, I mean he wasn't even that old looking in the The End book.

I also predict that this story will descend into nothing but ultraviolence and the words "fuck" and "cunt" used over again per the Millar formula.

The Millar formula

Step 1: Good Story line

Step 2: Fuck all that (fuck it with your big steel gun)

Step 3: Profit!

Did Wanted take you out behind the grain silo and steal your manhood brutally? You harbour way more hostility toward that book than it warrants. It was innovative, fun, well-written & drawn. How the fuck's the man gonna profit if the material's not good? Each issue of Wanted went into second & in some cases 3rd pressings and there's been like, 3 hardcover editions(admittedly the last one coincided with that terrible fucking movie). How d'you explain consistently good sales if it's so fucking terrible? And don't say brand recognition because Top Cow caters strictly to the fucking hentai crowd these days since JMS jumped, and Millar distributes Chosen through Dark Horse and it tanked!

I'd apply that formula to Civil War, myself.

Did Wanted take you out behind the grain silo and steal your manhood brutally? You harbour way more hostility toward that book than it warrants. It was innovative, fun, well-written & drawn. How the fuck's the man gonna profit if the material's not good? Each issue of Wanted went into second & in some cases 3rd pressings and there's been like, 3 hardcover editions(admittedly the last one coincided with that terrible fucking movie). How d'you explain consistently good sales if it's so fucking terrible? And don't say brand recognition because Top Cow caters strictly to the fucking hentai crowd these days since JMS jumped, and Millar distributes Chosen through Dark Horse and it tanked!

I'd apply that formula to Civil War, myself.

Man don't give me that "If it weren't good it wouldn't be popular" bullshit, Rob Liefeld is the highest paid man in comics right now. I reiterate, I didn't hate wanted, it was just horribly shallow, granted it's still two big steps above the Pro but that's only because Millar shat out some good story elements before he flushed.

And yes, that's the rough formula for every single big Marvel event.

Here's the formula for DC events.

Step 1: 52 Earths motherfucker! 52!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 1 month later...

Wolverine v3 Issue 71

Another fucking fantastic installment in the Old Man Logan arc!

My favorite part was the death of

the Venomsaurus Rex by fucking Blackbolt. Outstanding! I loved Emma's line about looking younger. And I'm guessing she married Doom? The whole ending though w/ the guy who was a cross between Moe from the Stooges and Hitler being a doublecross was a wee bit rushed, but Hawkeye catching the bullet in the head was a great cliffhanger.

I think Logan may have to pop the claws next ish.

• 1 month later...

Marvel to "Old Man Logan" fans: Go fuck yerselves and watch the movie a 2nd time. Your arc ain't gonna be done anytime soon!

Apparently this is old news, but I just found it out when I saw issue #73 on stands and online but could find no trace of issue #72 (the penultimate issue of the "Old Man Logan" arc). Issue #72 already 2 months behind schedule is put off another month...at least. Marvel puts out issue #73 instead. Wha, wha, what!?!?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040924-WolverineJuggle.html

According to Diamond, Marvel has changed the order in which the next two issues of Wolverine will be released. According to the news, issue #73 of Wolverine will be released before #72, on May 13th, while issue #72, the penultimate chapter of Mark Millar and Steve McNiven’s “Old Man Logan” will be released on May 20th.

Wolverine #73 is written by Jason Aaron and Daniel Way, with art by Adam Kubert and Tommy Lee Edwards, and features two, two-part stories focusing on the modern day version of the character, something Diamond notes, may be helpful in picking up new readers who saw the X-Men Origins: Wolverine and are looking for more of the character.

As announced at New York Comic Con, “Old Man Logan” will conclude in the extra-sized, Giant Size Old Man Logan. Wolverine #74 is due in stores on May 27th, and will feature the conclusion of the Aaron and Way stories.

Currently, the title is due to change names to Dark Wolverine with issue #75, and Wolverine’s son, Daken is slated to take the lead role. That issue is due in stores on June 17th.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

:???::villiager: :villiager: :villiager: :villiager: :villiager:

wait, so Millar ties up the first trade-worthy arc in a while, late. then Way, the guy who's made Origins awesome, gets 2 issues, before it becomes Daken's book? fuck, im grateful aaron's Weapon X and Way's Origins will be ongoing at least.

• 2 weeks later...

issue #72 hit stands this week. It's chapter 7 in the OML storyline. The actual story will conclude in--get this-- OLD MAN LOGAN "Giant Sized Special"!!! This is what Marvel did when Whedon ended his run on Astonishing X-Men. So issue #74 will conclude the storylines in issue #73 (which came out 2 weeks before issue #72). And apparently the book will continue with the title WOLVERINE, but begin telling tales of Daken w/ issue #75. The fuck, Marvel? SRSLY!!?!?

*sigh* Rants aside...as for thoughts on the story for issue #72 only one word is needed: snikt!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

okay so... Old Man Logan is going to be ongoing?

My bad, it's going to be finished in OML: Giant Sized Special. I corrected the mistake in my original post where I wrote it would be in OML #1.

So, no, it will not likely be an ongoing title. However, knowing Marvel, there will likely be another mini series based on this alterna-verse Millar has created much like they are doing w/ Marvel Zombies. But that's just speculation on my part--no official word from Marvel on it...yet.

• 1 month later...

Issues 73 & 74: So the biker storyline was pure filler, but I ended up digging the Spidey story where he has a lil' heart-2-heart w/ Logan on the Wolverine overkill going on in the MU. It gives a (somewhat) plausible explanation for this and the motivation stays true to the core character. Nice lil' tale. I'd still rather have the fuckin' ending to Old Man Logan though.

Anyone read Issue 75 yet? It features Wolvie's son 80s metal band Dokken.

god, i hate daken's hair. its worse than the wrist-claw.

yeah, biker thing was filler, and i agree with you on the spidey backstroy - for another really great :wolvy: / :love: story like that, try to find Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! # 2. i wish both those issues were featured in a TPB somehow to show what wolverine + character looks like - that's a knock on the old volume moreso than the current one, im a fan of Way.

yeah, when do we get OML finale, again?

^^yes, when did the wrist claw first "pop up"? (puns!) i didn't read the issues of Origins--just read the FCBD "guide to Wolverine's past" issue.

also, according to Marvel.com Old Man Logan Giant Sized Special is out Sep. 23. Be careful clicking the link though as I think the cover itself is a spoiler. If you take into account all Millar's "future" stories (1985, Fantastic 4, OML) are interconnected then we know

likely neither Wolverine nor Hulk die. Wolverine is obviously still alive in the FF ark as is Bruce Banner's son--which isn't one of the inbreds featured in OML. However, Hulk may get it in this issue if the Banner son in question is the baby shown in OML. Ah, yes! I think that is it b/c in Fantastic Force it's revealed Wolverine is in fact surrogate father and raised Banner's son as his own. Logan kills Hulk and all his inbreds ('cept for the baby), becomes "Hooded Man" (cuz he "killed" Wolverine), raises the boy, kills Galactus to power a time machine that brings back billions of people to present MU time, and now they all inhabit Nu-Earth. The End!

There you go, no need to wait for September!

Holy motherfuck... :love: for a logicality. Flawless VictoryThat makes entirely too much sense to be wrong. I like it. I really, really hope FF's Marquis of Death isn't going to be forced in there somehow as the fly in the ointment(since he's the link to 1985), but if that's pretty much how it's gonna go, I look forward to it. Also- that cover is still less of a spoiler than #72.

And Millar ends another series with a shitty ending. Shine on you crazy diamond.
what possible gripe could you have with such a speculatively superb ending? It's the full, swinging arc of good triumphing over evil after evil 'getting it's day' as it were, because no matter what anyone says, there's no fun in evil triumphing forever.

Holy motherfuck... :love: for a logicality. Flawless VictoryThat makes entirely too much sense to be wrong. I like it. I really, really hope FF's Marquis of Death isn't going to be forced in there somehow as the fly in the ointment(since he's the link to 1985), but if that's pretty much how it's gonna go, I look forward to it. Also- that cover is still less of a spoiler than #72.

Not sure how the Marquis would factor in to OML unless there's some sort of epilogue at the end or the OML special tells the story all the way up until

he becomes Hooded man--if indeed he does--and to the point the Fantastic Force show up in the F4 book. I'd like to see the OML special end w/ him taking Banner's baby if my theory is correct.

And FYI, I don't think it's ever said in the actual book, but Millar stated in an interview that Banner's kids are "inbred" b/c they're mom is Jenn Walters, aka She-Hulk, aka Bruce Banner's 1st cousin. SO maybe we'll see some of her in the OML special as well.

what possible gripe could you have with such a speculatively superb ending? It's the full, swinging arc of good triumphing over evil after evil 'getting it's day' as it were, because no matter what anyone says, there's no fun in evil triumphing forever.

Cuz he's BaytorH8R5000 and that's how he rolls.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 months later...