Hondo's Bar

Wolverine

The NZA

you & :???: & ya'lls Ramos-love....i dug him back inna day on an odd book, X-Nation 2099, but if there's one thing worse than the banana suit on :2T: ,its apparently one without ears. I still expect to like this more than the JRJR version, so we'll see.

PS I shall frequent the Knoll on friday or so, until then, i shall assume you are mocking Wolverine and his normally-adolescent clientele, also noted for such profound statements as SPAWN ROOLZ.

Oh! and they just finished the "Origins & Endings" arc, and it had its surprises & wrote in some history, was good, but im expecting a bit more from the new series.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That book IC forced invited me to read about Wolverine was pretty kick ass... Wolverine vol. 1: The brotherhood

I like that fact that although he seems like such a bad ass uncaring sonova bish, he actually did something for a person he knew nothing about. Very touching... IC tells the rest of the series is pretty weak... anyone else disagree?

Edited by Senshik

that's not fair.

there was those 2 with Cable & Sabretooth, uh, the CIA ones, then a bunch of crap, :devil: loses the metal, crap crap crap but then adam kubert came on so it wasnt much better but it at least looked good...but hey, if you stop before 100, you dont have to see where he "goes feral" and loses his fucking nose.

Youd think idve repressed this shit by now.

oh, its the current storyline - Wolverine's got his memories back, he's hunting down everyone who's ever used him & such. He's got this cursed blade that'st he only thing that can kill him, supposedly, so it looks like Cap got a hold of it...could be the fight ive been waiting to see for a long time now.

No, Cap never did, but he's gonna defend folks who mightve, like the secretary of defense and anyone who ever was attatched to the Weapon X project.... with Civil War going, :wolvy: is actually on cap's side, for different reasons, but he's more a loose cannon than ever right now, and there's no many others who can contain him.

Xavier's not a player right now, its complicated but nah, he's not even on the board. Logan realized a minor instance Xavier used him a while ago and was only offended 'cause its something he wouldve done for him if he just asked.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

...anyone else reading Origins? :blink: says some kids are turned off by Dillon's pencils, but fuck them, this book is giong somewhere new every month.

So far, Logan damn near killed Captain America, gave a blade that can scar/kill him to Cyk, set Omega Red up to get caught by S.H.I.E.L.D. and this month....his punk-looking 2-clawed kid just killed Dum Dum Dugan and gutted him!? fucking madness!

this book is crazy awesome, especially when held up to most other :birf2: books. Thsi is what id hoped for from this series.

• 1 year later...

In related news: Wolverine's current arc, "Get Mystique" is so good, it made me forget about Loeb & Guggenheim stinking the book the fuck up for like a year now. Its really great, and seeing Ron Garney again on pencils has been fun.

Wolverine: Origins, however, has been consistently awesome. I'm serious here; the book even takes some of the lamer ideas of Wolverine: volume 1 and makes them work.

For those not keeping up, the entire series has been hinging on what Logan's done since getting his entire memory back post-House of M, and its done everything from truly showing his darker side by putting his hand into the origin of Nuke and such psychopaths, to giving him a son. Much of where its at now has him chasing leads around the globe, with many coming back to a company that seems to have controlled his actions for the greater part of a century (now that i think about it, i hope its Landu, Lackman & Lake) and a single name: Romulus.

Origins24.jpg

However, the last few months, we've taken a seemingly sidetrack and had a cat-and-mouse, sometimes slapstick bout of :sof: vs :hulk: and its been great fun; enough so that im wanting the trade. However, # 24, this month's issue, was a dialogue-heavy one with logan chained up & trying to play mental games with Wade, while Wade criticized Logan for not only giving himself a free pass at mass murdering, but the X-Men doing the same. Granted, Deadpool's out of his own book these days, sadly, so its cool enough to see him, but getting some character from the two was a surprising moment, albiet interrupted by the wildcard Way's clearly been saving for the big 25th issue.

Anyway, well worth checking out for fans of either character, much less myself being one of both.

• 1 month later...

ok, so Origins just finished up their Deadpool arc, and as with the rest of the book, it was pretty good - certainly better than the core book often gives us.

That said, the last arc of Wolverine proper "Get Mystique" was solid, and far, far better than the last few arcs of pure shit - the angel of death? were they fucking serious?

Panch pointed it out to me, but this is what's next:

2345new_storyimage1298570_full.jpg

"Old Man Logan" - basically, Civil War team of Millar & McNiven take :Please: to an alternate future where he's one of the last men standing.

+: Theyve given them a full year, and this could be a lot of fun. Its not like the book had a solid direction before this.

-: Last time Millar had a year, he did Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. which started fun but ended as Agent of S.H.I.T. Also, i'm hoping this goes better than Morrison's "Here Comes Tomorrow".

Either way, interview & sketches can be found here.

• 3 weeks later...

so, Old Man Logan started this week with Wolverine 66, and its the most exciting issue the book's seen since i dont know when. really impressed.

current take is :sarcasm: as Unforgiven (book even hints it) with a hint of "Wanted". Please dont let me down, Millar: you're combining 2 of my favorite things here.

wow ive been out of the loop since mid civil war... (been payin most o my attention to bleach n company)... thing is Im a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE WOLVERINE fanatic... u have no idea what that picture with deadpool and wolverine does to me especially how realistic it looks relating to deadpools age.. I stopped reading Origins after the first Origins series cuz I tend to be purist about things that im crazy about... As long as it doesnt look like theire just tryin to make a quick buck from something that was at one time aboslutely beautiful (Origins: the original) ill b happy (yea i know its all to make money in the end but i mean really good ART like the original.. budgets seem to get cut to capitalize on profits ..know what i mean? anywayz blargitty.. what da hell is goin on with this book? is it sik??????????????????

the Deadpool arc was indeed fun, prolly gonna grab that trade. for what its worth, dont think that Origins is biting off the mini; its just a side book was given to a good writer to explore more of Logan's shady past, and its been excellent.

again, current arc is only 1 book in but really has me hyped. Its like a post-apocalyptic peter david story from the 90's but done right, and you just cant wait to see what the fuck has happened. any Wolverine fans should be checking it out.