Hondo's Bar

Wolverine

The NZA

It ended like it was supposed to.

No...

I was kinda hoping it would show him taking out Hawkeye's daughter and the rest of the supervillains though.

Yes.

I'm gonna have to go h8r on this one. I was expecting fucking fireworks. Faptasticness! But all I got was mediocrity. I'm so pissed off I had to wait this long to learn exactly ZERO new info in this story, which was fucking hardly "Giant Sized." We already knew

he killed Banner and raised his only remaining son from the Millar Fantastic Four run and the Fantastic Force mini. And how THE FUCK is a genius like Banner not take into account Wolverine's healing factor? How the fuck did he eat adamantium anyway?

Gawdfuckingdamnit!!!

We already learned the rest of the story from The Fantastic Four. Showing the rest would've been like Terminator Salvation: Entertaining and explodey, but ultimately pointless.

Admittedly it was a big issue where a whole lot of nothing happened but I didn't really see why Millar couldn't have finished the story in the previous issue anyway.

The thing that bothered me more than Banner not taking the whole eating thing into account was why he was super strong in his regular Bruce Banner form.

'cause in the pre-Planet Hulk books, Banner starting getting more control & the ability to channel hulk-level strength as bruce, i think ive read other stories since where its presumed his control only gets better as he ages.

I liked it, i agree its how it shouldve ended, like baytor id dig a book on :welcome: cleaning up this hellish america but riding off all Unforgiven-like works for me. i guess id be madder like Haku if i knew where in FF this was all revealed, cause im only this week's issue behind (2nd part of "Fix everything") and i dont recall seeing this at all. Trade = bought.

Who ends a book with the main character riding off into the sunset? I mean really.

I was happy with the ending, partially seeing Mr H's sluething all come to fruition and whatnot, and I feel vindicated having already seen Wolverine's 'last stand against the villians' in #69. Given that this is in all likelihood Millar's last good story, I was alright with it, and whatever sweet HC they put this into is bought.

I think what really didn't work for the last issue was we'd been given a big beautiful ruined universe full of colorful and interesting characters and we went out on Wolverine slashing up some big grey inbred hulklings in a cave that's twice as brown as every Xbox 360 game on the market. It was less an ending and more of an epilogue really.

you put writers out to pasture too quickly. Ultimates vol 4 is going along rather well at the moment.

ill ride you off into the sunset</span>

You shut your whore mouth until you read his Fantastic Four & 1985. Also, I shit on Ultimate Avengers from a great height until it shows me something more than half-arsed shock value.

Or at least return Hawkeye to his Black op roots instead of ridiculous fucking Nu-Metal Hawkeye

Baytor- a 48-page epilogue, thankyou very much. Really though, when was the last time a writer of a mainstream book left the reader to connect the dots? I agree the book could have satisfactorily ended with #72.

/agreed that "finale" shoulda been "epilogue" but guess what sells more onna cover? again, i didnt mind. as for not connecting the dots, im starting to think we might be better off not having followed wolvy on his murderous villain quest, that couldve been great or easily fell flat.

You shut your whore mouth until you read his Fantastic Four & 1985. Also, I shit on Ultimate Avengers from a great height until it shows me something more than half-arsed shock value.

Or at least return Hawkeye to his Black op roots instead of ridiculous fucking Nu-Metal Hawkeye

hey, i told you, i read both FF and 1985! the former was fun till you know, the very (rushed/crap) end, and the latter i barely remember so that says a lot there. youd not even hate '85 so much if the shit wasnt shoehorned onto FF for no good goddamn reason. i was so hoping you and your wizard predictions from like a year ago were crap.

i dont like hawkeye's getup as much but at least we're further from volume 3. you didnt dig the first 2 issues so far? shock value no doubt, but it starts that way every volume, and the first 2 were awesome, why give up so early?!

you put kirkman out to pasture and yovue tried to tell me why like three times and i still never got it, man. i says you're fickle. or more likely, vengeful since millar broke your heart too much.

I never put Kirkman in the same category as Loeb, Miller, and now Millar, I just think he's a detestable little fucking fanboy roach playing to be the little'st Liefeld. I give the cuntrag credit where it's due in the form of WD & Invincible, but everything he's done otherwise, that I've read has been utter fanboy horseshit that I guarantee I could top if I didn't just scrap the stupid fucking idea to start with.

Millar seems to be falling prey to that same affliction as the aforementions awesome writers who've degraded to a point that they're putting out absolute shit, is the point I was making.

see, i dunno if its the whole writing-arcs-for-the-trade-and-thereby-movie-pitch thing he does or what, but Millar's just not a closer for me. his concepts are great, honestly, but his endings...i mean, civil war's the easiest example. he feels like he has a great idea and in cases other than Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., has great middles, too, but then after the money's spent he remembers he has to tie shit up and ...lets just say his favorite video game is prolly deus ex.

i really go no beef with your boy past his often-forgettable endings. i think we both give a nod to OML cause by comparison, it ended pretty good.

i swear, im pretty sure you didnt read ultimate x-men that far into the run, so what kirkman past WD/invincible are you referring to? the marvel team-up stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

For those curious how Banner Jr. and Old Man Logan end up check out the Fantastic Force 4 issue miniseries. Just read issue 4 today and it was pretty good. Aside from

the ludicrously animated adamantium skeleton it was a great read. I especially liked the ending--a nice touch in two pannels showing how Wolverine saved the future earth by impregnating Gaea, aka Mother Earth. Logan as the new Adam? *snikt*

• 10 months later...

wolverine1previewmain.jpg

Marvel does this thing were they release a free 'Character: Saga' books to promote and catch-up readers on the goings on of certain characters. Ten times outta ten it's right before some major change in the book (like restarting at #1). It updates you on everything that's happened to the character recently so that you'll buy the new book with no excuses about 'I didn't read the rest'. This week they released a Wolverine: Saga one and I picked it up cause I was curious (and it was free). It was all about Daken and Romulus and X-Force and bullshit. What the fuck is going on in the Wolverine universe? Usually those Saga books are awesome cause they are so informative, but I was just weirded out. Can someone (Nick) give me a better synopsis on what's been happening?

well....

Romulus (still responsible for every time :wolvy: stubbed his toe) is gone, trapped in Cloak's...cloak, so Daken can't replace him. Daken got chumped by his old man, lost the muramasa claw and the book ended. the latter half of Wolverine: Origins fell the fuck off so i was glad it ended, and ive no idea why he's going to hell now. better not have to do with vamps or that awful angel of death shit, or i'm out. :???:

fuck, at least the last issue of weird-ass Weapon X book was a memorial for Kurt.

oh fuck i hadn't even considered that, he does look like it and it's just too stupid for them not to use.

the only (thankful) whole in that theory is that he seems to have little fangs, but his claws are entirely fake...shit this is worse than when JZA was right about Millar crossing over his books/characters and made the retard from 1985 Doom's mentor.

FUCK i just checked wiki:

Little is known about the full extent of Romulus's powers, but it is presumed he has all the abilities of other Lupines, except on a greater scale. He is also shown to have great intelligence, having a profound understanding of genetics, and seemingly being able to slow down or even completely reverse the process of aging, having lived for thousands of years (if Wild Child's dreams are correct). He has four adamantium claws similar to Wolverine's mounted onto gloves as well as having natural claws similar to Sabretooth. He possesses some kind of mental powers, manipulating Wolverine's memories and even inserting himself into Logan's dreams.

I think I have the same saga book as you Panch, and yeah, I still haven't made it all the way through.

I remember back in the day, like pre- The End but post-origin, I started writing a fanfic about some mysterious villian that controlled all events in Logan's life. 'Course, it started out with Wolverine ODing on acid and was set back when it was still edgy to call Wolverine 'James'.