Hondo's Bar

The answers to your questions

The NZA

Do you believe in a thing called love?

passin on the sig info, and poor nathan...

im not sure how to ask questions in the form of classic R&B songs. Ill say yes here, but a great Bill Withers or Temptations answer will present itself 4 minutes from now, and ill be upset about it. That, or a Darkenss one, but theyre not my thing.

Who's your favorite singer?

Man, i have to be asked the musical questions by genre, swear to god...i mean, Sinatra, LL got me listenin more to Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Bjork, some Mariah (and what?!), Johnny Cash, Tom Petty, does MJ count?, Jim Morrison, Lauryn Hill, etc...

Do you believe we should have an acronym thread?

If we dont already, by all means, and i assure if it gets his attention, BigChiefSlapaho will be your new best friend; he's all about those things.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have created said acronym thread in crap shack, cause thats probably where it would have wound up anyway lol

I was singing the Darkness song in my head when I asked the question sorry about that.

Okay who's your favorite country singer?

Sorry I asked the wrong questions in the wrong order or something.

Do yoiu believe that Christopher Walken is great? cause I certainly do I love him.

Okay who's your favorite country singer?

Hmm...this is more specific, so im good with this. I love old cowboy honky-tonk type shit, so i think Johnny Cash is the king, but im also a fan of Marty Robbins, tho i do have a few tracks by Alan Jackson, George Strait, Chris LeDoux, and of course Hank Williams & Jr. But none of them even compare to Cash, in my opinion.

Do yoiu believe that Christopher Walken is great? cause I certainly do I love him.

If i wasnt convinced of his greatness from The Deer Hunter, Max Shreck in Batman Returns (heh), True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Suicide Kings, etc, he wouldve been a lock for his pivotal role in Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" video...pure class. That, and his SNL bits are always great.

MH says he watches me a lot, tho. :D

i seem to have spilled champanya all over your blouse! Let me clean it.

Hank's the man, but Cash is the man in black. Opinions are just that, but it means you need to listen to more of his stuff. :D

I have recently been told "If you are in a two guy one girl threeway, doubling up on a girl, it's not gay so long as you don't cross eyes with the other dude." What is your opinion on this rule?

my initial thought: you and vagrant are spending way too much time together these days.

After that, id have to point out all the alarming things in the equation: assuming your one-eyed yogurt slinger doesnt come into direct contact with his, you're still swapping sperm, unless you have a game plan, like "i get cooch, you get anal and helmet". This has to be approved, of course, and physics shows you cant both be on the same end at once, because no matter what, one guy's balls are in the face of another, and next thing you know, you're George Micheal-ing all over your boy, going down roads you prolly shouldve avoided.

Its your call, but there's somethin like 3 million chicks in miami, it really cant be all that impossible to find a 2nd with no self esteem, can it?

If you were in a situation where Death was inevitable, would you still attempt to fight and change your fate? Or would you just sit back and accept it?

's a damn good question...

I tend to lean heavily towards the fighting the inevitability thing, because i can move fairly quick, and there's not too many situations where id be convinced, on the move, that it's inevitable.

I think id be far more accpeting if i grew old & felt i had a good run, or even now if it was at least for a purpose, like it meant somethin. For instance, i just cant die gettin runned over or anythin i consider dumb; if its gonna be messy, its gotta be in the field, at least attemptin to do some good. Id like to travel more, but if i die in fire service, i dont think ill have any regrets.

Anyway, ill try all i can, but a sense of purpose, or meeting with a meaningful death, would be enough for me to meet it peacefully, i think.

who do you know that you can beat in a drinking contest...

who do you know that can beat you in a drinking contest...

I was fairly certain my tolerance left after college, but it seems to be slowly comin back...i know i could beat any asian chick ive ever dated, or almost any ive known, prolly on a 2:1 drink basis. I'm not that heavy a drinker, but some of them have been taken by a capful of Scope.

I cant beat almost anyone who's way heavier and habittually drinks. Not just barflies; i mean, ive treated patients who went on 10 year binges. 10 fucking years, in a drunken haze. Never you mind cirrhosis and all that, they have a BAC high enough to make me drunk from just that, id bet.

Also, if its tequilla, im fairly certain i cant beat Chief's mom.

the same ?'s go to the pissing contest.

Haha...Chief has this story of my pissing contests in high school. If i do my thing were i drink a lotta water, OJ etc and then make the hike to school or some far off place, man, when i get there, i piss for somethin like 45 seconds sometimes, and i feel like im gonna explode (again, not that big a guy). Combined with morning wood, i can hit a urinal from almost halfway across the room, allowing for wind.

I dont know that i can be beaten, on these terms. Some men might piss far longer than I, but i doubt farther.

could you explain to me the best way to navigate the existing cultural divide between a guy and a) his buddies and b) his girlfriend? i've never had a bf with lots of friends that he hangs out with, so i didn't have to deal with guys giving him shit for 'messing up his priorities'... i'm not a possessive man-hating horrible bitch and i want to be cool, but i kinda want to hang out with him sometimes too :D

I know this is the Nick's answer thread, but here's my two cents: As long as you're not being clingy of possessive (and some might argue, even if you are) it's his responsibility to sort out his own priorities. If he's rather spend all his time with you than his friends, maybe you're just the bomb, maybe his friends aren't all that, or maybe his douschebag friends can't be happy for him getting some from a fine piece of ass like you. Regardless, it's his priorities, you shouldn't concern yourself over silly shit like thinkign you're ruining his friendships.

have you ever gotten fired from a job?

oh god yes, but youll never hear me admit that on a civil service question session.

against better judgement:

I was about to be fired from Publix supermarkets for telling an assistant manager to fuck themselves (saw the report, it was funny with the quotes). Took my 2 week vacaction and never came back.

There's been a few i think ill pass on, but a more intresting one:

The Ritz Carlton - fancy one down by key biscayne, i was security. One week, i had to gaurd this room with about 2 million dollars of audiovisual equipment, and that's a safe estimate, considerin what was in there. It bothered me that there were at least 3 doulbe-doors going out to the beach, 1 of which i outright couldnt lock, but no cameras. You couldve gotten away at almost anytime with all that shit.

Now, come dinner time (about 1AM), im with the older guys, and weve been locked out the kitchen, again. Bein smaller, i get the tunnel duty of crawiling into said kitchen to get at the food for everyone, which is interestin in the suit they make you wear. So, i notice there's a camera there in the kitchen, watching a counter of plastic cups. I cant begin to figure out why its there, but almost instively, secuirty suit and all aside, i grab my sac & flick the camera off, cause thats what i do when im being watched, a lotta times.

...turns out the chick who runs said cafetaria (already dont like me, too) is the wife of my security director, and she had it put in to monitor the mexican guys we sublet out to do the cleaning at night. Apparently, theyd be taking plastic cups home, and in this almost 5 star hotel of enourmous profit, this pissed her off enough to get them watched.

Sadly, that very night, someone took a shitload of cups (which i find funny), and she decided to put on a presentation with the board of directors to show the crime taking place...she was one of those self-important drama ho's, if you cant tell. So yeah, i imagine i put on quite a show for them, at least thats how i heard it... :D

...but ive got good security background, and EMS skills, so they try to keep me on, and warn me to watch myself in front of cameras. Cue a few weeks later: im hangin by the jacuzzii in my old complex, after a workout, just me & :D bullshittin about comics or whatever, right? I realize im mad late for work (im not punctual, and dont wear watches), so i haul ass to get there & stay as good as still possible while on probation.

I'm posted at the "welcome center" gate, where all i do is hit a button to let folks in and give directions. Now, this other gal, who did kinda like me, had just put in more cameras in & around my lil booth up there, to watch for people runnin over lawn ornaments (just as retarded as youre imagining, i assure you), and presumably, to watch my ass.

Stay with me, were almost done here.

About an hour into my post, it occurs to me that jaccuzzii needed a cleanin, and i didnt shower either. My bathing suit area is now itching more than im comfortable with...i see 2 options:

1) pull out my suit, unzip & scratch in front of this camera, and hope no one checks it, or

2) Stand outside the booth and do this, and then when someone drives up, welcome them to the fabulous ritz with one hand, while the other's on my dick.

...so, i opted for # 3: cover the goddamn camera with tape while i take care of my shit. Only, i do this, and the valet calls, and we bitch each other out for 10 minutes, after which i forget about the camera & read a bit, right? No harm done, an hour or so later, i recall, and take the tape off.

...so of course, that night, someone ran over like all the lawn shit, this lady has the tape in front of the board of directors, and....you can prolly finish the rest yourself.

moral of the story: i fuckin hate security cameras. :D

could you explain to me the best way to navigate the existing cultural divide between a guy and a) his buddies and b) his girlfriend?  i've never had a bf with lots of friends that he hangs out with, so i didn't have to deal with guys giving him shit for 'messing up his priorities'... i'm not a possessive man-hating horrible bitch and i want to be cool, but i kinda want to hang out with him sometimes too :D

yeah, tyipcal applejax hijacked my shit, but he did more or less knock it outta the park.

his friedns've been around longer than you, and presumably, mean more, but if you give the :D and you guys get close, well..its his priority call to make, and yours to either accept, or not. You could try to mingle, but i know for myself, i dont get tight with my boy's girlfriends most times. its just not good territory, and some of them are annoying as fuck anyway.

ill add this, tho: if he ditches them all for you? Run. He's an asshat with no loyalties, and will put way more (dependency-wise) on you than he should. Its just all around shitty, i think, but then again im very independent. Either way, be mindful of this.

if you could start your own company, what would you name it, and what would your purpose be...keep in mind its your real company so a serious name would most likely benefit.

and

if you could own any existing comapny, and slightly change its direction for the better, what would it be.

if you could start your own company, what would you name it, and what would your purpose be...keep in mind its your real company so a serious name would most likely benefit.

Like many, i used to think it'd be cool to have a bar. Much less an actual Hondo's Bar! :D

Only, id want fuckall to do with the finance, liqour license, etc. I'm not very corporate-minded, so this isnt my easiest question to answer.

Ive got what i think are strong ideas for a comic book store right here, but theyre not really my ideas, id just love to practice them, and have guys like Cap'n workin there, as long as someone else handled the finance too.

Right now, i like the idea of Xavier's X-corporations, which were basically corporate fronts for mutant speical-ops, but i mean, id need mutantas, and a need for speical ops, so...yeah, ive been playin Metal Gear Solid half the day. so im thinkin way too much on terrorism & insurgency at the moment.

if you could own any existing comapny, and slightly change its direction for the better, what would it be.

id take one of the failing comic shops out here & try my ideas, most likely, or mebbe id take an organization i dont like, like Guess jeans, any fur company, Opec etc just to dismantle it, cause fuck it, that's how i roll.

whats your fav card game?

you any good?

used to play "bullshit' as a kid, and poker for a while, but Texas Hold 'Em is all the rage, and i think im steppin it up a bit, between playin with WhoDey, Jax, Vagrant & others. Its cool, im even readin on the side to improve...if i play tight, i can come out even or a wee bit on top; if i play loose, i can either stack high or go bust, but i always walk away from the table with somethin, learn a bit more & think im better for the next round.

Dont think ive got the nerve for fulltime gambling, but its one of the skills im actively seeking to improve.

There is this girl I knew a little under 10 years ago and I use to have a thing for her and she had thing for me. I was 15 at the time and she was 17, but I was just too insecure to ask her out even though in retrospect I'm pretty sure she was attracted to me. I left Oregon that year and never saw her again, although I did call her once when I was 19 and living in Colorado, but nothing ever came of it.

Anyways, every so often I have dreams about this girl. Usually it's mostly just random images, but not overtly sexual. After the dreams I think about her for a while and then usually forget about her again until I have another dream.

I figured since you're the smartest hondonian, I would ask you. What does this dream mean and should I act on them in anyway?

just not feelin this thread tonight, but its gettin backed up eh?

whats the most daring dare you ever did...  this ought to be interesting.

Eh, i lose track, to be honest...public unrination, hit somebody & run, etc - Ario X & :D have had me do some shit.

I know i almost got ran over on US-1 years ago playing chicken, shit stopped right in front of me...i got what was comin years later, i guess.

If you can count it as a "dare", i dated this chick with a kid in high school, over a hotter black chick (preacher's daughter, no less) cause a magic 8-ball told me to.

Slut cheated inside of a few months. I threw out the ball, got a new one that at least i know lies, and i do not seek its counsel much.

Archived