Hondo's Bar

Ask Benny anything

Jumbie

Like I just said... Kilts are fine... They're manly. Masculine. Skirts/dresses/other female wear isn't. It's like... Women and men wear underwear. Men wear briefs or boxers, women wear panties. If a guy wants to go around in a kilt, it's fine because it's manly.

But women weren't always socially alowed to wear pants. For a long time, it was more taboo that it would be for a man to wear a dress today. When Amelia Bloomer became the first woman to define social convention and when something that resembled pants (what were later called Bloomers, named after her), she was critisized (more like ostrisized) for it. Was it morally wrong before, but morally OK today?

Jax - If the pants were made for women and looked effeminate, then they were fine. Just took us getting used to it. Masculine clothes for men, feminine clothes for women, unisex stuff for everybody.

Signal - I know, but there's men sizes, and women sizes.. Men's pants were made for men... Women's pants were made for their shape...

If it's to fit better, then fine. But never to wear what the other gender wears, unless it's something unisexual. Guys should wear masculine clothing, and Girls should wear feminine clothing. Or both can wear unisexual stuff.

The idea of cross dressing is to wear what the other gender wears, and look like your oppisite sex.

• 3 weeks later...

Stoopid question....

Proverbs 31

Sayings of King Lemuel

1 The sayings of King Lemuel-an oracle [1] his mother taught him:

2 "O my son, O son of my womb,

O son of my vows, [2]

3 do not spend your strength on women,

your vigor on those who ruin kings.

4 "It is not for kings, O Lemuel-

not for kings to drink wine,

not for rulers to crave beer,

5 lest they drink and forget what the law decrees,

and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.

6 Give beer to those who are perishing,

wine to those who are in anguish;

7 let them drink and forget their poverty

and remember their misery no more.

Does that mean that random punters like me should slug all the wine and beer we can get our hands on...?

p.s. I'm not joking - I really wanna know what the score is here...

• 1 month later...

Just so happens this falls into my area of expertise. Canon Law.

You're going to have to get your boyfriend to hire a Canon Lawyer for this. I myself am not one as of yet, and I do not know any in Miami. I know people who know people though. Get yourself and him invloved with Emmaus. They know who to contact for these kinds of things.

Basically, here's the Canons that you would use to prove your case, so long as they are what your boyfriend's condition is:

CHAPTER IV : MATRIMONIAL CONSENT

Can. 1095 The following are incapable of contracting marriage:

1° those who lack sufficient use of reason;

2° those who suffer from a grave lack of discretionary judgment concerning the essential matrimonial rights and obligations to be mutually given and accepted;

3° those who, because of causes of a psychological nature, are unable to assume the essential obligations of marriage.

Can. 1096 §1 For matrimonial consent to exist, it is necessary that the contracting parties be at least not ignorant of the fact that marriage is a permanent partnership between a man and a woman, ordered to the procreation of children through some form of sexual cooperation.

§2 This ignorance is not presumed after puberty.

Can. 1097 §1 Error about a person renders a marriage invalid.

§2 Error about a quality of the person, even though it be the reason for the contract, does not render a marriage invalid unless this quality is directly and principally intended.

Can. 1098 A person contracts invalidly who enters marriage inveigled by deceit, perpetrated in order to secure consent, concerning some quality of the other party, which of its very nature can seriously disrupt the partnership of conjugal life.

Can. 1099 Provided it does not determine the will, error concerning the unity or the indissolubility or the sacramental dignity of marriage does not vitiate matrimonial consent.

If your boyfriend falls into any of these Canons, then you've got a good case for an Annulment. An Annulment is a declaration that his previous Marriage was false, invalid, and not a Sacrament. Then it is as though he was never Married, and would be free to Marry you in the Church.

Best Wishes,

Benny

Benny, recently the evil bitch my dad married pushed him to get an annulment from my mother. The Church granted him one because he was 19 when he and my mother got married. But how can this really apply when there are two children from that union? And does the fact of my dad's annulment render my sister and I illegitimate in the eyes of the Church? Just curious...:D

haha...good question.

Benny, why would tussin need a cannon lawyer? wouldnt she just need the marriage annuled through the church; ive heard of this done sans lawyer....that, or you know, a drink or two to get her out of the whole marriage bit... :D

nobody has to worry anymore. My friends want me to become ordained by the Universal Life Church to eventually get them married. But I can also forgive your sins and divorce you as well. So go out and sin and then come to me and make amends. Then you can go out and sin again, over and over and over!!! :D

haha...good question.

Benny, why would tussin need a cannon lawyer? wouldnt she just need the marriage annuled through the church; ive heard of this done sans lawyer....that, or you know, a drink or two to get her out of the whole marriage bit... :D

Because the Catholic Church doesnt divorce you just like that. Cause its a union of death til you part.