Hondo's Bar

SiBob Speaks and offers Sagely Tubby Advice

Silent Bob

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sir, are a gentleman and a pimp for sending these awesome games.

I'm like 2/3 through Resident Evil 4 (holy shit, its way better than the last few games), and im movin along in Paper Mario. A badass action/survival horror game, taking turns with an RPG filled with nintendo jokes, its really makin my mini-summer vacation before academy, cant thank you enough man.

1) ideally, when do you want these things back? do i got enough time to finish them both?

2) do you want any other games of mine to borrow in return?

3) could you pinpoint roughly about what time you realized you were such a pimp :D ?

So like....are you a multitasker or are you the kind of person that can only do one thing at a time?

You might notice that I can answer many of these questions at once (once I get around to 'em, anyway). Yeah, I can multitask fairly well. Can walk and chew gum. Can talk on the phone and paint. Can masturbate, sing opera, play a game of solitaire and balance my checkbook at the same time. All depends on what I'm doing, I guess.

Ok, I lied about the masturbation. That can take some concentration. Hope that met your expectation. Or do you need elaboration? If not, resume interrogation. I sit here with anticipation.

Do you allow your food to touch when its on your plate, or do you have to have it not touching?

I like to keep my food in separate quadrants when it's possible. I mean, I'm not obsessive about it, but I do occasionally build little mashed potato barriers between my portions just to keep them in line. I'm the eater, they're the food. I don't need them getting together and conspiring against me. It's just a way of letting them know who's in charge.

Do you eat everything at once, or eat veggies first, then meat, you know, one thing at a time?

In keeping with my iron grip on my food, I tend to eat whichever portion is more likely to cause trouble. If I see a bit of steak that might rise up against me, I'll eat it first in order to make an example for the rest of the plate. Once they see how easily that bit of heroic steak falls before my fork, knife and molars, you'd be amazed how quickly everyone else gets in line.

I know you are tons of fun, I just expected your answer to be different. smile.gif Okay what's your favorite lingere?

Do you prefer thigh highs, panty hose, or knee highs?

Do you prefer crotchless panties, regular panties, or none?

How...how did you know I liked to wear that stuff? I thought I deleted all those pictures! Look, it's only an occasional thing, ok? Sometimes a guy just wants to feel sexy...

:D

You sir, are a gentleman and a pimp for sending these awesome games.

I'm like 2/3 through Resident Evil 4 (holy shit, its way better than the last few games), and im movin along in Paper Mario. A badass action/survival horror game, taking turns with an RPG filled with nintendo jokes, its really makin my mini-summer vacation before academy, cant thank you enough man.

1) ideally, when do you want these things back? do i got enough time to finish them both?

2) do you want any other games of mine to borrow in return?

3) could you pinpoint roughly about what time you realized you were such a pimp pimp2.gif ?

Toldja that was a good game, man. It'll keep you up all night if you let it.

1) just send 'em back when you finish them. I probably don't really need more videogames around to tempt me from doing anything productive.

2) 'S not necessary. As I recall, we both have pretty much the same games anyway.

3) 'Bout ten seconds ago, when you said so. I hope it erases whatever judgements anyone might have about reading my lingerie reply... :D

I think you are pimptastic DJ... you inspire me.

1) where did you master the artistry of pimpness?

2) does jess know?

3) If life is a highway, then which route do you recommend?

1) I once backpacked into the mountains of Tibet, where I found an ancient pimp who passed down his secrets of pimpness. Y'know Bullet Proof Monk? Kinda like that. More women, though.

2) Dude...how could she not?

3) Highway 50. You can get anywhere from there.

the food uprising is quickly making this question thread rise, for me.

Drawing The Line: resume work, or still forthcoming at some time?

Also, what of that superhero comic from the concept art, or Year One, or that other one you had a lotta drawings on?

hmm, great insight, you have!

if your life was any 1 flavor...what flavor would it be?

Fetuccini alfredo...it's true.

if rolling stone gathers no moss... then what do you make of a laden swallow?

What do I make of a laden swallow? I dunno...soup?

Or, let's just say, a laden swallow means I've had a pretty good night :D

Drawing The Line: resume work, or still forthcoming at some time?

Ah yes, Drawing The Line. To be honest, I just don't have the time anymore to devote myself to something so time consuming (a regular-sized comic takes about 5 hours of work) that isn't either a) making me any money or b) earning me any professional attention. But I've missed it just as much as the readers, so I've always wanted to bring it back in some form or another. I've had a few ideas about how to do so. One involves simply picking up where I left off last year, another involves fast forwarding ahead a year or two when most of the characters have graduated (opens up some interesting plot threads - Ryan becomes a struggling musician, Brett joins the CIA). The one I'm leaning toward right now, though, is kind of an Ultimate DTL. Basically, I want to go back and start over, do it right from the beginning. I want to re-tell the entire series, but this time draw and write it well, do professional layouts for my pages, keep a steady schedule, etc. Of course, I know some of my fans (if there are any left) won't like that idea because it means I'll be going back over material they've already seen (it would also mean one comic a week), but it gives me a chance to change things I didn't like the first time, add in new material where I feel I missed my potential, basically just make a product that is not only fun to read but something I'm proud of, something I can show to potential clients, something I could...I dunno...shop around to animation companies for a television program - who knows? It'd be a lot of work, but it might be worth it. I've already started redesigning the characters. Some of the designs are fairly subtlely changed (my character has barely changed at all), some are more drastic (Ryan has a whole new look). Here's an example of the subtlely redesigned Brett:

newbrett.jpg

So I'm considering it, weighing my options. I just need to decide if it'll be worth all the time I'd have to invest in it. I dunno...hey, if you guys are willing to pay for it monthly, it'd be easier to convince me. :D

Also, what of that superhero comic from the concept art, or Year One, or that other one you had a lotta drawings on?

They're all still in the back of my head. I'm always coming up with new comic ideas. Obviously, I come up with a helluva lot more than I could write/draw in a lifetime. I've got Drawing The Line: Season 0 (tentatively titled "Drawing Fire" because of the religious satire it's bound to have). I know Sig really wants me to do that one because he'd be in it. I've got The Continuing Adventures of the Florida Orange that's just a new version of a really funny movie spoofing comic I used to do in middle school. I've got Grim & Jim, the one that featured a dying old man and the grim reaper idly talking about current events and pop culture while playing chess. I've got For Pete's Sake, a one-panel joke comic that focuses solely on St. Peter and the various characters he meets at the gates of Heaven. I've got Mythos, a medieval story, very epic stuff. I've got the tentatively titled Tights that had four Marvel superheroes as roommates in college. I doubt I'd ever do that one, I'd get the pants sued off me eventually. I've got Hitch, a murder-mystery comedy that stars Alfred Hitchcock himself trying to solve a murder while trapped in an old house filled with colorful characters (and dozens upon dozens of Hitchcock movie references). I've got Holy Cow, my own comedic re-telling of the Bible. They're all in various stages of development. Some have characters designed, some have plots outlined, some have scripts written. They're all in the back of my head, along with their various characters, settings, situations, jokes, plots and formats. Whether I ever get to do all or any of them, I couldn't tell you.

What is your religion, if you have one?

I do not. I used to be Christian, but nothing ruins a religion like growing up with it. It was good when I was younger, when it was all about love, acceptance, fairness, caring etc. But then, when you hit your teens, they all of a sudden spring this hatred on you, the dark side of Christianity that goes against everything the faith is supposedly based on. It's brought on by men and women in the faith who are out to push their own personal agendas, rather than divine agendas. I'd never rule out the possible divinity of Jesus Christ, but Christianity as a religion isn't about that anymore, it's about abortion and homophobia and racism and old Europeans trying to hold onto the reins of the rest of the world.

Do you believe in God?

I can't say with certainty that I do. I'm what you'd call a hopeful agnostic. I've seen enough unexplained things that I'm willing to admit that there may very well be a God, and it may be a good thing that he's around, but I can't say for a certainty that he's there.

It'd be nice if he was, though.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Not really in the classical sense. But there's a lot of energy in a human body and I imagine it has to go somewhere when a body dies, but where it goes and the nature of its transfer, I have no idea. I'm sure we'll find out someday.

If you had your way, what would be the only religion and why?

(I dont believe in organized religion, but I thought I would ask you)

I do believe in the possibilities of organized religion, and I've often found that those that rail against it and call its members ignorant (this includes people who believe in aspects of the creationist theory, by the way) are simply pushing their own personal agendas just as much as the people in the religion they are condemning. Though organized religion has been responsible for the worst in human nature, it is also responsible for the best. While the most vocal and visible members of religions are the fanatics - the ones fueled by hatred, jealousy, bigotism and yes, ignorance - these are the minorities. For the majority of people, religion enriches their lives/ As a worldwide entity, all religions are failures, but at the personal level - where it matters - religion is often a success.

There are some who are ignorant, yes, but to blanket all people in a religion as such is the biggest ignorance yet. People who mock and condemn religion are often those who just don't truly understand it. Sure, I'm a vocal opponent of such things as the Christian Right and the Catholic Church, but not because I think they're backwards and superstitious, only because I think they're completely missing the point. Deep down, I'm glad they're around at all. I'd rather have progress that is fueled by man's search for that which is greater than itself, than progress fueled by his self-centered and short-sighted belief that he is the pinnacle of evolution. I'd rather be among people who are willing to accept the fact that there may be answers beyond human understanding, than those who simply wait to have their answers delivered to them on a platter. And I'd rather live in a world that contains passionate, superstitious religions than one dominated by cold stifling reason.

That said, I would never pick just one that I think should be the only religion. I think the world benefits from having many religions, just as it benefits from having many different forms of government, many races and many cultures. One religion is about as stifling as having one government, to me.

I do not. I used to be Christian, but nothing ruins a religion like growing up with it. It was good when I was younger, when it was all about love, acceptance, fairness, caring etc. But then, when you hit your teens, they all of a sudden spring this hatred on you, the dark side of Christianity that goes against everything the faith is supposedly based on. It's brought on by men and women in the faith who are out to push their own personal agendas, rather than divine agendas. I'd never rule out the possible divinity of Jesus Christ, but Christianity as a religion isn't about that anymore, it's about abortion and homophobia and racism and old Europeans trying to hold onto the reins of the rest of the world.

Wow, props for that. Couldnt agree more, goin from sunday school to youth groups, the message changes up real quick.

• 2 weeks later...
I do believe in the possibilities of organized religion, and I've often found that those that rail against it and call its members ignorant (this includes people who believe in aspects of the creationist theory, by the way) are simply pushing their own personal agendas just as much as the people in the religion they are condemning.

:D Hmm, and ponderance. Is this a subtle jab at me specifically, or is this simply a general statement and I'm such a self-centered egomaniac that I presume this comment must have been consciously directed at me.

:thinks:

Hey, DJ! What's this jab at me here about?

Seriously, is it so wrong to be against creationism being taught in science classes? I'm not demanding that darwinistic evolutionary theory be taught in Catholic School religion classes (like the ones I went to) or preached in Bapist churches. Isn't that reasonable?

What happened to people asking questions in this thread? Did it die? If it did, then why? Have you heard Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole? Its great. What about Paul Giamatti singing Try a Little Tenderness from Duets? Thats great too, I love him.

Ok, let's see. I don't know. Yes. No idea, maybe they don't like me anymore. No, actually. Haven't heard that either. I do too.

Does this turn you on?

Please, I see that stuff just looking out my window. I gotta have something different to turn me on.

Hmm, and ponderance. Is this a subtle jab at me specifically, or is this simply a general statement and I'm such a self-centered egomaniac that I presume this comment must have been consciously directed at me.

:thinks:

Hey, DJ! What's this jab at me here about?

Seriously, is it so wrong to be against creationism being taught in science classes? I'm not demanding that darwinistic evolutionary theory be taught in Catholic School religion classes (like the ones I went to) or preached in Bapist churches. Isn't that reasonable?

It's a jab, but I wouldn't call it subtle. And there could be an argument for you being a self-centered egomaniac just because you assumed it was a jab only at you when I know it applies to many. And though it was a jab, I mean no disrespect, just statin' an opinion. It is not wrong to be against creationism taught in science class. I'm against it myself. What I think is wrong is the fact that the only time creationism gets mentioned, it's with sarcasm and insults. I'm no expert, but it certainly seems to me that there's a point at the beginning of the universe where science just can't explain things anymore. If you go far enough back in the timeline, there's a point where science just says "and then...uh...well, fuck if I know..." To disregard one idea about how the universe may have started - without any evidence - just because it comes from the conservative right is stupid. Yes, the bulk of what is generally passed off as creationism is bullshit. The earth is only 6000 years old? Man and dinosaurs lived in the same time period? God created everything in 7 days exactly as it is now? Yeah, bullshit. But that's not what a great deal of creationists believe. You should know by now that the ones with the biggest mouths are the ones with the smallest brains, and most creationists are the ones who say "I buy into evolution, I buy into the Big Bang, I buy into natural selection, but I'm also willing to buy into the possibility that it might have been a higher power that set all that into motion". Until we have concrete evidence that shows us exactly how the universe went from nothingness into the evolutionary process, I think it's irresponsible and disrespectful to hurl snide remarks and insults at people who are simply willing to be open to more possibilities than you are. Creationism should not be taught in science classes, no, I just don't think those who believe it should all be lumped together in the ignorant category either.

Archived