Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

The NZA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this in the game part but I'm happy to post it again....

Advent Children News

Update by: Cloud Strider. Wednesday, March 23 2005.

A recent interview from www.gamesindustry.biz concerning Final Fantasy: Advent Children has revealed some much needed information to put some rumors to rest.

First of all, the length of the film, which was first planned to be 20 to 30 minutes, has now extended to 70 minutes. Something they were not planning. In their own words ' we set out to create a collection of clips more than a feature film'.

Also, the original staff of FFVII working on Advent Children include: Mr Kitase (Producer), Mr Nomura (Director), Mr Nojima (Script Writer) and also Mr Naora (Art Director).

And to my disappointment about the www.7up.com release date for Advent Children, a fixed date has not been set. They are also preparing for the announcement for the release as well as the locations.

Question have also been asked about a possible remake of the original game. Square-Enix replied with ' nothing so far. We have to make Advent Children first'.

As for the question whether or not Advent Children will be released in theatres. It has been said that there are some ideas about it. Square-Enix is making the film, but they are using other companies to release the film.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn it! It's just not fair! :)

Square Enix today announced a special promotion campaign for its upcoming CG movie sequel, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Unlike the company's previous movie project, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Advent Children will only be available on DVD and UMD, and not air in cinemas, with the exception of one week next month in Tokyo, Kyoto and Nagoya. These fans will have the chance to see it on the big screen.

The movie's Japan Premiere will take place in the Virgin Toho Cinemas located in Tokyo's Roppongi Hills on September 8th at 19:00 JST. From September 10th until 16th limited screenings will take place everyday at 18:30 JST in the aforementioned cinema as well as the Toho Cinema Nagoya Bay City and the Toho Cinema Nijou in Kyoto.

The FF 7 movie website has a timer counting down the days for the big release date. So far it come's out sep 13 in the us and the 14 in japan. And here's hoping for the IMAX release someday.

You mean we get it before the Japs?! WOOT!!! Score one for the good guys!

Oh, here's some major info on the movie if you want to spoil it for yourself:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Purty sweet, huh? Oh, yeah, and the movie's reported at being 97 minutes long, not 70...so, um...even more reason to celebrate!!!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is all set for simultaneously US and Japanese DVD release on 9/14 ( (9/13 for us). While details on the US version of the movie have yet to be revealed by the company, we've gotten word of the Japanese release plans, and boy we sould be pissed. :shady:

Advent Children will be released in two packages. A standard edition, containing just the DVD release, will retail for 4,079 yen. The final film will clock in at 97 minutes, in 16x9 format and with Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Pro Logic II sound tracks. In addition to the movie, the DVD will include the Advent Children trailer, trailers for all the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII products, and a digest look at the original FFVII, featuring the CG scenes from the game.

More interesting is the pricey limited edition version of the flick. Costing 24,990 yen, the limited edition includes, in addition to the standard DVD, a second DVD containing a making-of video, an original video animation called "Last Order Final Fantasy," a video look at the Advent Children Venice Film Festival premier, and a series of trailer. The package also includes a Cloud figure set, a key holder marked with a serial number, a cap, a t-shirt and a voiced replication of the script. Best of all, the package comes with a special version of the original PlayStation Final Fantasy VII (in its Japanese FFVII: International re-release package) -- that's right, the whole game!

It's unknown if Square Enix plans a similar package for fans in America, but join us in hoping that we get treated just as well. It's also still unclear what Square Enix plans on doing with the UMD release of the movie.

well, no...it was supposed to be a sequel, right? So why would you...?

I dunno, i know an awful lotta people who got far (disc 2) in FF VII but never finished it...VIII i understand, but VII? that confuses me. I know its way late now to remember where you were and all, but yeah, im sure its gonna be palatable to those unfamiliar with the entire plot, but as with anything else, details'll be lost - my best guess, anyway.

Forget about it guys.... JUST FORGET ABOUTT IT!!! We'll NEVER get to see it :) what are we gona do???!???!?!

When I finally see this friggin awsome movie someones gonna have to dress me in a plastic bag cuz ill be drippin luvinz all ova da place... I think we should all just chill and patiently wait for it to be released (especially so i can stop trying to download bogus copies of it like a stupid fool -_-) DID I TYPE THAT ALOUD o_O?!

My guess is theyll push it back til December along with FFXII... I don buy many video games anymore unless it has to do with 1 o my collections and they ALWAYS get pushed back so im used to dealing with it (its like being rammed up da ass numerous amounts of times with a very both heavy and sharp object.) but soon enough the feeling dulls down :) so no worries ff fans!!! pain killers anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Hands down the most BEAUTIFUL anime film I've ever seen! Yes, you read right... I have in my posession a copy of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!! Ok, so I walk into work at Anime Hurricane this afternoon and there's a obvious buzz in the air! So I ask whats up and the only words uttered from like 6 people was: ADVENT CHILDREN! Immediatly my penis became erect!! Anybody in the Miami area... go to Anime and buy that shit... ASAP!! The fight scenes are AWESOME!!! DAMMIT!! I'm gonna watch it again tonight! Oh my God... I was calling Nick like a madman and he wasn't answerin' the phone! That asshole!! I wanted to watch it with him, but he's a penis monger! If everyone wants we can all get together and watch it at somebody's house one of these days! Ok, people, so get on here and talk about it and talk about how I'm a God and shit! I'll prolly get on here a little later and post some more!

Archived