Hondo's Bar

Member Profiles

Guest Yahve

Guest Yahve

I'm revamping the profiles section.... i need this information from EVERYBODY.

trying to keep it simple so its not much.. pls send your responses to profiles@drunkendeities.com

Real Name

Birthplace

languages spoken

Height/weight ( if your brave enough to tell ;P )

Current profession/grade level

Currently living  at:

Favourite movie

Most listened to CD

mostly likely way to burn 10 dollars... or 7 pounds or so.

***self pictures****

***picture of hte bed you sleep in*** ( assembling a collage)

most importantly.... a one parragraph essay on what makes you so great.  for those who know how to write, this is an excellent creative writing opportunity, for those who can't, then it's time for you to learn how.  :sneaky:

This should be good enough to start... pls remember to mail all your responses to profiles@drunkendeities.com

Thnx !   :darwin:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

this is going to sound stupid but...how can I change my password I have to keep using the one I was sent and its a pain cause me and Alita use the same comp and I want my own password... not the one supplied for me...Help! :D

:D :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First off, i'd like to congratulate all of you who've sent me profiles - theyre slowly gettin toseed on up, so take a look.  Some pretty cool stuff, i really appreciate it people.  

One more thing tho - i left out a few bits:

1) Could some of you who've submitted profiles send me a particular quote of yours? Ideally, its somethin youve said often or just a memorable thing of yours.

2) Finally, your favorite website(s) to go to would help, youll notice there's a mock one in place of many people's, id like to have your favorite non-DD site there...cmon, show people where else they should go!  Thanks everyone, again i appreicate it - eitehr relpy here or PM me.

• 2 years later...

goddammit i hate it when my shit crashes and i have to write things twice! :D

Ok, so, this section needs an overhaul so it looks less like a half-assed frontpage production. Ruby, dante, def, fankename, any web design people (or anyone with ideas), help me out here if ya can...my best ideas, sadly, involve puttin everything into tables, like in the new Links section... :D

My idea is basically:

1) Member's real name stays centered up top; this time, it links back to their actual board profile, natch

2) Pic(s) next, centered...there's usually 1-3. No more fancy slideshow, half of you say you cant even see it. I just have to adjust the pics to a given size to make it work, as my old "click and drag till it fits" method fucks up the page's margins, apparently.

3) Member info (same ol, or updated, whatever) in boxes/tables below; finally, some quotes, images linking to thier favorite sites and such.

nothing dramatically different, just a touch-up. Half this stuff is already illustrated in My profile; ill prolly use that one as a test later when i have a better outline for a format.

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...

Alright, so, I've talked here & there with dante (hondo's photoshop :D ) and i think we're talkin about some form of bar-like theme for the member profiles.

I'm not sure where he still stands on the forum member map, or a list, etc but i dont believe were still only waiting on profile shots; at this point, i think im just gonna borrow from the few threads we have about member pics for profiles, ie MLB juggling, etc. My only request to dante, whenver he gets around to it (i know youre busy, man) is to keep whatever format we go with very, very easily editable for me or whoever takes the helm of "profile guy", cause when theyre fresh, people like changing them all the time. I'm still trying to figure out the Art Gallery, sadly... :D

Anyway, folks here should encourage the project, with ideas for the new profiles: what would you like to see on them? A bar theme, or no? More pics, or different questions? Its one of our most-viewed sections of Honod's, and the one is most need of an overhaul, so let's hear it, people!

bar theme is good!  i'm good at that myself... heh.  if you need anything from me (excluding sexual favors, please  :D), let me know,

I'm down with a bar-theme as well, lemme know and I'll help out any way I can

PMing me isn't generally very helpful, so IM me on AIM: xI INAMORATA Ix or email jess at drawingtheline dot net.

While the bar theme seems popular, I'm gonna throw out another idea to see how it takes. It would be easier I think, though a tad cliched. How about mug shots? If we give dante a mug shot (one picture looking into the camera and one profile), he can place us against a background with out height and give us a number below our faces. What does everything think of that?

See, i think the "usual suspects" thing is a cool idea, too, but you gotta bear in mind: weve got over 100 profiles, and a lot of those folks arent around much, if it all. So i really cant look for a unifrom thing, beyond working with that's there already, and encouraging those who're actve right now to send stuff.

Any projects our current Hondonians are down for, i am too, but we might need some mor eassistance for such a large project.

RA - I know you gotta be busy between SB's stuff and yours, what do you think you can pull off right about now? Im basically lookin for a format to run with, i can prolly update most of them, with a wee bit of help, once i have a template of sorts. I'm hopin dante'll post here soon with more specifids on his current ideas; seein as how i have more time this month than i will for a while to come, id really like to get this goin in the next few weeks.

See, i think the "usual suspects" thing is a cool idea, too, but you gotta bear in mind: weve got over 100 profiles, and a lot of those folks arent around much, if it all.  So i really cant look for a unifrom thing, beyond working with that's there already, and encouraging those who're actve right now to send stuff.

Any projects our current Hondonians are down for, i am too, but we might need some mor eassistance for such a large project.

RA - I know you gotta be busy between SB's stuff and yours, what do you think you can pull off right about now?  Im basically lookin for a format to run with, i can prolly update most of them, with a wee bit of help, once i have a template of sorts.  I'm hopin dante'll post here soon with more specifids on his current ideas; seein as how i have more time this month than i will for a while to come, id really like to get this goin in the next few weeks.

Actually I kinda like the "usual suspects" idea, it could be a re-organization of the groups, so that the members that are here a LOT, hence the "usual" suspects, and the rest of it could be the bar theme.

I'm prolly gonna scrap the member locator idea. it is too flash heavy and not gonna be easy to update with all the new members. I'll make something nice though. Don'tcha'll worry na.

Send more ideas. I swear, if I ask for people to send shit to me, it doesn't happen. But as soon as Da Nick requests...everyone is jumping to help...:D

Archived