Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

without watching elektra, im assuming DD is a higher caliber of feces, especially the director's cut which again wasnt a bad film, just not nearly as good as it couldve been.

D. Fluff - really? Batman & Robin? i had a hard time making it through the Rifftrax, man.

D. Fluff - really? Batman & Robin? i had a hard time making it through the Rifftrax, man.

As did I, which confuses me about your comment. Skeet was saying that B&R was better than Thomas Jane's Punisher, thats what set me off. Sorry for confusion.

Alive she cried, I shoulda quoted, you had nothing to do with anything.

Silent Bob, I also defend the director's cut. You are not alone.

You whore, that really wasn't called for. When I've got the time, I'm gonna find stuff you like, only so I can defecate upon them.

Baytor does this on a daily basis. There's a lotta stuff I like man, so don't look too hard.

I take back the Hulk remark. It's a well-made move, I just can't stay awake through it. You gotta understand just how much I revere the source material for the Punisher Movie man, and then see just how badly they broke my goddamned heart.

Baytor does this on a daily basis. There's a lotta stuff I like man, so don't look too hard.

I take back the Hulk remark. It's a well-made move, I just can't stay awake through it. You gotta understand just how much I revere the source material for the Punisher Movie man, and then see just how badly they broke my goddamned heart.

I also really love Ennis's work, I have 14 tpbs (all on max, and the few oop one's from marvel knights I could find at Half Price over the years) , so I know what you mean, I just thought the beginning of the movie wasn't too bad. The area with the room mates was right out of "welcome back frank" wasn't it. The russian too? To say its worse than batman and robin just hurts.

Thank you for the hulk take back.

Because he can cuss? Sorry, but I only read the first few arcs, the fisrt wasn't anything special, Kitchen Irish sucked, I dropped off the series entirely a couple issues into... the Russians? Fury? I forget the name of the 3rd arc, but will admit the slavers was alright. It's nothing he couldn't have done on Knights without gratuidous blood and profanity, though I guess something like the Slavers wouldn't fly on Knights so you got me there..

Aw, Kitchen Irish was indeed weak but again, stick with it: Mother Russia, Man of Iron, Slavers etc are really great, even the Barracuda stuff was fun. its just darker than the MK series got, which you must admit sucked ass by its end.

the current arc - its finale - is halfway through, with US special ops hunting Frank and i can already tell you that trade's as good as bought one day.

Before we derail this thread further I'll clarify my statement.

Punisher vol. 3(welcome back frank)>first 7 issues of Vol 4>Punisher Max> Guy Gardner: Warrior> the rest of volume 4> Punisher Movie(dolph Lundgren)>pancreatic cancer>Punisher Movie(thom Jane).

I like to buy Master Chief suits off ebay and burn them in effigy in his front yard at night :muggin:

Yes yes, Welcome Back Frank was the tits, I read it too but come on Quentin Tarantino hyped up on crystal meth with the help of Martin Scorsese, the ghost of Sergio Leone, and a fucking monkey in a top hat couldn't have made a faitful or good adaptation of that book and suffocating the Russian with Mr. Bumpo's girth was just a bit off.

Yes The Punisher had it's downfalls but it was at heart nothing more than a cheesy 70s-80s action movie ala Charles Bronson, Dolph Lundgren (except he already failed at his chance, though his movie's decent if you pretend it's not the Punisher), etc. If we can all stop sipping our tall mugs of pretentiousness with our pinkies extended with pride for just one moment, it really wasn't that bad.

Also Thomas Jane, God's gonna sit this one out aside, played the roll wonderfully and has only gotten better since then. The new guy just left me with the impression that he's trying waaaaaaaay too hard.

But then again you fuckers like it when actors try waaaaay too hard to seem badass, don't you!