Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

Really? You can't, somewhat loserish 20-something guy who quips every other panel? Good lord the role was practically made for him. LaBeouf is being overused though because people have actually realized he's GOOD AT IT (and don't cite Transformers as "bad acting" cause even John Turturro and Jon Voight were weak in that thing)

He hasn't been overused - he was only really in two movies last year (Surf's Up doesn't count). And the year before that he was in two movies that nobody ever saw. Before Disturbia, he hadn't been in a major film since Constantine three years ago. If you want to say he's a little oversaturated, with the likes of Steven Spielberg and all of Dreamworks touting him as the next big thing, then yes, you're probably right.

But baytor's right. The kid isn't making it just because he's getting media buzz, it's because he genuinely has the talent and charisma to carry films - something that's very rare for his age. People may have bought tickets to see fighting robots, but it was Shia who made the rest of the overly long Transformers watchable. He'll be perfect for Yorick.

I think it'll depend on how fans react to Indy IV (and Indy V if there is one). I think he could do it, but how far away from that character and that time period can the series get before the fans say it's not Indiana Jones anymore. Hell, some people are saying Indy IV isn't Indiana Jones anymore just because it's set in the 50s.

NICE!

The bigger question is do they really wanna pull a Pink Panther with the Indy franchise?

I don't know if they will or not, but there's a big difference between a comedy series whose sole reason for success is the performance of one actor and an action-adventure series co-made by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. No other actor could portray the Indiana Jones on the big screen better than Harrison Ford, but that doesn't mean another character can't take over and make just as fun and exciting a film.

Edited by Silent Bob

NICE!

I don't know if they will or not, but there's a big difference between a comedy series whose sole reason for success is the performance of one actor and an action-adventure series co-made by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. No other actor could portray the Indiana Jones on the big screen better than Harrison Ford, but that doesn't mean another character can't take over and make just as fun and exciting a film.

I was actually referring to Son of the Pink Panther and you know Indiana Jones thrives on Ford, let's face it the movies wouldn't have been what they were without him.

I was actually referring to Son of the Pink Panther and you know Indiana Jones thrives on Ford, let's face it the movies wouldn't have been what they were without him.

I don't think Ford is the be-all-end-all of the Indy. Jones franchise. I have fond recollections of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles from my misspent youth. It was a great show.

Edited by Drifter

from http://comicbookmovie.com/

Marvel is doing some clever cross promotion in their films! Not only can you spot Cap's shield in the Iron Man movie,

under his right arm :welcome:

capamericashieldironman.jpg

but it turns out that the Incredible Hulk movie will set up the super soldier storyline--prepping the origin story for the Captain America movie! See a pic of the super soldier serum inside!

Universal pictures has given us a new batch of photos to examine from The Incredible Hulk. The pic below is the first look at the "super soldier serum" that is used to create Captain America. Scoopers tell us that in the Hulk movie, General Ross's dialogue will include a bit about a super soldier project started during World War II--the origin story of Cappy!

capthulk.jpg

it's also rumoured that marvel are looking fro brad pitt for thor

sounds like great news for marvel's future in cinema

Don't hate yourself, hate Frank Miller.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has confirmed to Sci-Fi Wire that the upcoming "The First Avenger: Captain America" will be a World War II period piece.

Feige says the film, scheduled for release in May 6th 2011, will serve to set up the eventual "Avengers" movie to be released six weeks later on July 1st.

He also dismissed the recent Matthew McConaughey casting talk, but did confirm the object glimpsed in Tony Stark's workshop in "Iron Man" is part of the character's shield.

As for other properties, "Iron Man 2" is still on schedule for April 30th 2010, with talks underway with director Jon Favreau to return.

"Thor" is scheduled for July 4th 2010 with Mark Protosevich ("The Cell") currently working on the script. A director will be announced later this Summer, and much of the action will be set in the mythical Norse realm of the gods - Asgard.

I'm glad it's not Matthew McConaughey for Cap. A WWII film will be great, because then the Avengers movie can start with them finding Cap's body (let's face it, it's basically going to be an Ultimates movie).

Last I heard, Matthew Vaughn was directing Thor, but I guess he isn't anymore. Shame. After Layer Cake and Stardust, I really wanted to see him take it on.

Also:

Brian K. Vaughan, a co-producer and writer on "Lost" and creator of the acclaimed comic series "Y: The Last Man", will pen an adaptation of "Runaways" for Marvel Studios says The Hollywood Reporter.

Launched in 2002, the critically acclaimed comic book series follows a group of teenagers who find that some family secrets are bigger than others when they discover their parents are actually super-villains.

Running away from their homes, the teens band together and begin a journey of discovery, both of their parents' origins and of their own inherited powers, while trying to make up for the evil done by their folks.

Vaughan co-created the series with artist Adrian Alphona. Marvel's Kevin Feige will produce but a release date is not yet set.

Edited by Silent Bob

July 4th would have been a much better date for a Cap movie than a Thor movie (Thor's not even American), but other than that, all that looks good. If the Avengers movie confirms as having just Iron Man, Cap and Thor, or will another properties sneak their way in, like Ant Man or Hulk (Tony Stark is in the new Hulk, maybe Hulk or Banner will be in the new Avengers?) Also, The First Avenger: Captain America is a terrible title. Captain America: The First Avenger would be better, but still not good.

I'm glad it's not Matthew McConaughey for Cap. A WWII film will be great, because then the Avengers movie can start with them finding Cap's body (let's face it, it's basically going to be an Ultimates movie).

yeah, that's my guess, too. If there was any doubt there, Sam Jackson fixed that.

also: down to watch anything penned by Vaughan. Seriously.

If the Avengers movie confirms as having just Iron Man, Cap and Thor, or will another properties sneak their way in?

yeah, that's my guess, too. If there was any doubt there, Sam Jackson fixed that.

Forgot Fury was confirmed too (duh). According to Wikipedia, the Ultimates' founding roster include the three I mentioned as well as the Wasp and Giant-Man, I guess they might or might not be in a Cap movie before being in an Avengers movie, but just easily could be scraped I guess. Wasn't a Fury solo movie confirmed or rumored?

Edited by Reverend Jax

If the Avengers movie confirms as having just Iron Man, Cap and Thor, or will another properties sneak their way in, like Ant Man or Hulk

There's an Ant Man movie in the pipeline, to be written and directed by Edgar Wright. I'd imagine he'll appear in the Avengers flick as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a few others like Wasp and Hawkeye come into play as secondary characters as well.

Dear God I hope not, Samuel L. Jackson has proven that whatever acting talent he once had has degenerated into him looking cool and saying "fuck" a lot.

Let's be fair. Does Nick Fury really need much more range than that?