Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

man, i really thought they'd have a few more years of running that franchise into the ground before this was on the table, but obviously it'd be awesome to see...also apparently Avengers 3 will be 2 movies now?

The deal is apparently that, since the actors' contracts only cover a certain amount of movies and will be up after Avengers 3 they couldn't fit the end to all this Thanos junk AND succesfully kick off the next era of Avengers movies in one movie without it being like four hours long but the studio can't make one long movie and split it into two (that's been super illegal since they did it with the first two Superman movies) so Avengers 3 will likely be an all-new team while the last hurrah for the current gen (or at least their contracts) would be an Infinity Gauntlet movie. Hell they could even tie Avengers 3 into Civil War to explain why the old guard isn't around and have it segue into everybody fighting Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet.

Sony May Reboot And Recast SPIDER-MAN With SINISTER SIX; VENOM Movie Reportedly Scrapped

108839.jpg

Following yesterday's reports of Sony negotiating with Marvel to add Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it has now been revealed that the Sinister Six will possibly serve as a reboot with a new actor playing Spidey, while Venom may have once again been scrapped...

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 10/7/2014

lHmLA5U.jpg

Though The Amazing Spider-Man 3 no longer has a release date, there's still clearly a lot going on behind-the-scenes at Sony Pictures when it comes to this character. The ever reliable Badass Digest confirm that they too have heard about plans to possibly incorporate Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (if you missed that story yesterday, more details can be found by clicking here), but that is actually one of THREE different ideas curently being passed around.

The site claims to have been told that, "Sony is going to soft reboot Spider-Man with The Sinister Six, having a new actor playing a Spidey who works with the villains The Dirty Dozen style to take down a larger threat." This actually sounds similar to the Ultimate Six story arc from a few years back and would make sense, though recasting Andrew Garfield when he still has another picture left on his contract doesn't. The other plan? "To put Spider-Man on the shelf for four or five years and see if they can develop any of the side characters into their own franchises." This one seems more likely in some ways, especially as Sinister Six has taken the release date previously held by The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and a female-led spin-off is also in the works.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a character like Spidey needs to be benched after two mediocre movies though. The site adds that they're not sure whether all or any of these will come to pass, but changes are definitely in store. Oh, and one more thing for you to mull over; Venom is said to be "functionally dead again," giving everyone who said "It'll never get made!" something to boast about. How do you guys feel about this news? Sound off with your thoughts below.

Read more at http://www.comicbook...djFRgqhBhoka.99

x2G4uHd.gif

I'm one of the few people who actually really liked the last two Spidey movies and was genuinely excited for Sinister Six... but this is getting ridiculous.

However if this has something to do with them trying to get Spidey in The Avengers, then I'd be infinitely more excited for that than any sort of weird spinoff.

Robert Downey Jr. Confirms That "Negotiations" For IRON MAN 4 Are Taking Place

108835.jpg

He's denied it, he's teased it, and now Robert Downey Jr. has finally...confirmed it? Appearing on ellen to promote The Judge, the Avengers: Age of Ultron star was pushed on the subject and reveals that negotiations are currently taking place and "yes", Iron Man 4 is coming.

Follow Josh:

Thanks to The Wrap, we have the above snippet of footage from Robert Downey Jr.'s recent appearance on ellen. As you can see, he confirms that Iron Man 4 is indeed on the way. "I know there's going to be more Marvel movies, and they have big ideas of how to do it best," the actor said in a typically vague sort of way before adding, "We're in the middle of negotiations, blah blah blah." Negotiations? We know that his current contract includes Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Avengers 3, so when the host pressed him for confirmation, it should come as no surprise that he replied: "Ok, yes," seemingly confirming the follow-up to the $1.2 billion dollar hit Iron Man 3 is happening. It's clearly early days, but the cat is now out of the bag! What do you guys think?

Read more at http://www.comicbook...JPylAp7QL1UG.99

WTF? Robert Downey Jr. Now Says No To IRON MAN 4 But Yes To More Marvel Movies

108875.jpg

Is Robert Downey Jr. just messing with us all as he continues to promote The Judge? After confirming Iron Man 4 is moving ahead earlier today, the actor now says that movie isn't happening but he does have plans to work with Marvel on other releases...

Follow Josh:

Earlier today, Robert Downey Jr.'s "confirmed" that Iron Man 4 is moving ahead. It's not a story that just a handful of sites picked up on either as even the big boys at trades like The Hollywood Reporter and The Wrap ran stories which declared the movie as a sure thing. Perhaps not!

Talking to David Letterman tonight, the actor said, "There's no plans for an Iron Man 4. There's no script for Iron Man 4, but they do have a plan and I think they're going to announce it...they've very secretive about it." Downey Jr.'s comments can be heard in full by watching the video below, but the host continued to push for details and got the following response when he asked again if it's happening. "Just between us, no, but I'm going to do other stuff with Marvel. I'm still going to be involved with Marvel and there's gonna be plenty of fun stuff to happen." The Judge star's contact only includes one more Avengers movie, so whether he's referring to that or something more remains to be seen. It's rare to get so many conflicting reports...from the star of the movie itself!

Who wants to bet that he's just f***ing with us all to get extra eyes on The Judge this weekend?

Read more at http://www.comicbook...OA7WgwuAmdMj.99

Edited by alive she cried

The thing is, Downey never actually "confirmed" Iron Man 4. He was being super vague and the project he's probably talking about is this theoretical "Infinity Gauntlet" movie I mentioned. That way Iron Man can be a familiar face in Avengers 3 but still show up and kick Thanos' butt in the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised thor 3 and the second purely superman movie don't have a date.

X-force could be kickass once they get into that secret mutant force for dirty deeds concept and let a few people off the chain with respect to killing. I'm not sure how that fares with the ratings issues, but the first X-men seemed to have some killing by the heroes, so I can see a little extra sting in the X force violence.

WE MUST ALSO HAVE UNIFORMS WITH LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF POUCHES AND PADDING. NOT TO MENTION REALLY BIG GUNS AND BLADES ON EVERYTHING, EVEN THE BLADES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

CBR

According to Wesley Snipes, he and Marvel Studios have had talks about doing either another "Blade" film or another project that he claims could easily go up against the half-human, half-vampire hybrid.

"I can break the story right now," Snipes toldIGN. "Marvel and I, Wesley Snipes, have decided to have further conversations about doing another 'Blade.'"

"It's a topic of conversation. You know, it's inescapable. They have their agenda, we have ours, and we're both moving at an accelerated pace to create magic, so we'll see if it all matches up. There's a strong possibility but, if not, we have another project that's going to rock them that'll stand toe-to-toe with Blade," he added.