Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

This is easy.

I think you just wrote a year's worth of Marvel right there :2T: Where's this guy's check huh?? Will they end up fighting the X-Men for some reason too? Interrupting more important, and awesome goings on of course.

Edited by The NZA
easy like sunday mornin

Oh, Boys... *sigh*

I picked up 25 issues of you before I just couldn't anymore.

Normally I love that kinda thing, but it felt like, to me, Ennis was trying too hard. One day I'll go back and give it another chance. Maybe a movie will help.

That was like the first arc. When does it get good, cause I got 25 issues in before I quit and just started flushing my money down the toilet instead.

Seriously though. I tried so hard to like it. And maybe I did at certain times, but Ennis was really reaching, man. For a while there I honestly thought he was fucking with me. Like there was a joke there I wasn't getting. And not some intellectual commentary on comics and superheroes. More like he was mocking the readers.

Edited by Panch

There's a lot more parallels between the first 25 issues of The Boys and the first 25 issues of Preacher than you realize. Please, tell me how The Gommorah People were an important and necessary plot point that was both clever and totally not just a string of dumb perverse sex jokes.

I'm just saying, all the things everyone complains about in The Boys are fair gripes, but they were all things he did in Preacher too. This isn't a NEW thing with Ennis, this is his modus operandi. That's part of the reason why I prize Hitman over his other more profound books, because DC didn't let him do those things.

• 4 weeks later...

Viggo Mortensen Rumored to play Dr. Strange

ViggoMortensen_SAG2008-211x300.jpg

Banner_Dr-Strange.jpg

With the regular inclusion of Marvel Studios after-credit Easter eggs, fan speculation runs the gamut of probability, occasionally coming to fruition and sometimes falling flat as nothing but media hoax. In the latest little birdy tidbit, Roger Wardell, a proven reliable Marvel insider, claims Marvel is in negotiations with the King of Gondor, Viggo Mortensen (LINK). In a somewhat cryptic tweet addressing a shadowed inclusion to supposedly be featured in Thor: The Dark World, he emphasizes “strange,” possibly winking at a cameo inclusion of one of the few undone Marvel mainstays, Dr. Strange, played by the Middle-Earth ranger. He is Viggo! The one-time surgeon turned sorcerer supreme first appear in 1963′s Strange Tales #110, his origin mysteriously left unknown until five issues later. Rooted within the mystic arts and eastern occultism, Stephen Strange would go on to battle Lovecraftian demons and otherworldly entities with his dark magic trickery in less super-heroic and more psychedelic Ditko drawn high fantasy adventures. Needless to say, it’s not far fetched to think he could astral project his way into the mythological cross-dimensional Asgard, nor is Viggo Mortensen a stranger to comic book or fantasy movies, preforming in A History of Violence and the epic Lord of the Rings trilogy. Will this hail the return of the king and be the opening act for the long-time in development Dr. Strange solo film or prove to just be a bogus Hogwarts flunky fortune? You’ll just have to gaze into your crystal ball to find out.