Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

• 1 month later...

panch your words can do no more damage than the actual GL flick did. it was the Wolverine Origins of the DCU, on a several levels for me.

I fucking hate it that I have to agree w/ you here. I'm just waiting for the day when DC/WB gets their shit together and creates a film-verse on par with what Marvel has going. I'm guessing hoping it'll happen once the Nolan Bat trilogy has concluded and Snyder's Superman film flops.

sucker punch combined w/ the casting and set photos don't have me too optimistic for snyder's film. i was really super really psyched for the singer film and was burned badly. i'm not gonna trust my instincts on this one and procede with extremely low expectations. much like i did when i saw the GL trailers. :???:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

sucker punch combined w/ the casting and set photos don't have me too optimistic for snyder's film. i was really super really psyched for the singer film and was burned badly. i'm not gonna trust my instincts on this one and procede with extremely low expectations. much like i did when i saw the GL trailers. :???:

You're concerns are not assuaged by Nolan being a producer and writer on the Supes flick? I didn't see Sucker Punch, but wasn't its problems more to do with a half-baked concept and poor script rather than with the actual direction? If Nolan and Goyer, the writers behind Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises (almost certainly to be at least on par with its predecessors) wrote the story and screenplay, and Nolan is producing, is Synder's direction alone enough to make you cynical about its prospects?

I know the Singer film hurt you, badly...but you need to learn to love again, and give love a chance. :2T:

Edited by Reverend Jax

• 4 weeks later...

Both Nick Cage Ghost Rider movies where made by Columbia/Sony, they only have the rights to Spider-Man and Ghost Rider, and will continue to have the rights to them as long as they continue to make movies with those characters.

Punisher and Blade however, have reverted back to Marvel Studios, basically because New Line Cinema didn't want to make another Blade flick and Lionsgate was willing to take Marvel's money to get Punisher back rather than pay to keep him.

I'm not that interested in more Punisher or Blade movies (though I will give them a fair chance if they are Marvel Studios productions), but the one I'm most interested in seeing revert to Marvel Studios is Daredevil . This is among the properties that are actually likely to see the studios give them up...obviously X-Men and Spider-Man would be more exiting to see in Marvel Studios' hands, but that's just not likely, regardless of whether future Spidey-films or X-films tank at the box office. I believe Fox would have to start principal photography on a new Daredevil by February 2013 or pay up probably more than DD is worth to keep him. Fox says there's developing a script, but I think DD may be the next property Marvel Studios gets back.

• 4 weeks later...