Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

No, I'm saying Nick liked it way way way after it was cool.

you remember that time you decided to come out the coffeehouse and post about how fun Scott Pilgrim was? then we all read it (except JZA) and laughed and laughed.

i must've missed where you did that with american horror something and that other show about timberlake.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

will likely make it as CGI animation, though that's not set yet.

It says it's being made by Animal Logic which made Happy Feet and Legend of the Guardians, so I'd called that all but certain.

It's not a hard thing to translate though: lots of back-and-forth between Phoney & Smiley, enigmatic red dragon is enigmatic, Stupid Stupid Rat-tailed Creatures and Bob's your uncle.

I disagree, Bone's charm is something that could very easily be lost in translation.

I'm curious if the entire 1000+ pages will be condensed into a single film, or I'd they plan on adopting part of it with hopes it's successful enough for a sequel or two. Because I don't think Bone has a very movie like arc in its first 3 or 4 volumes. Unless you added new conflict and resolution to the middle of the story (which I'm not against in principle) it only works as a complete story for a movie arc.

Also, get ready for A LOT of jokes about the title.

did any of you guys play the Bone PC games? they're on steam, i know SB did and i wanna say JZA grabbed em - they're almost scene-for-scene, obviously with voice and all...and its not just the pacing, some of the magic is still lost.

Im with jax here; i think Jeff Smith just made it look easy, but he took one of the most charming comics out there and slowly amped it up to being a darker/more serious epic, while still retaining much of that charm. took him forever to finish, but it was really impressive overall i thought.

• 2 weeks later...

It is Jax. In fact, they're all made by the same company.

As far as the translation to game goes, all I have to say is "Stupid, stupid voice actors!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

This is what happens when I Google image search my name:

tumblr_l91m81OCnQ1qz7u5ro1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fassbender would be a damn good Cassidy, but my money's on John Lynch.

05_John-Lynch.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001487/

He's over 30, he's Irish, he's dark haired and hey look, here's a shot of him from 1990's Hardware:

3b1ca608cbb7c85276984263a7828eac.jpg

He fucking rocks those glasses, which is a very important trait in a Cassidy actor since he's got to be wearing them till the end.

• 3 weeks later...