Hondo's Bar

Comic book movies

Wasn't there talk of an Iron Fist/Luke Cage TV show, or am I making that up? Also, if Reynolds hadn't already ruined Hal Jordan, I could almost agree w/ him as a possible Iron Fist. Speaking of which, if we could get a Hal Jordan film reboot, who'd you choose? I'd still want Fillion, but they'd never go for him. Maybe Hemsworth the younger, Thor's lil' bro?

man i never heard back on that TV show either. i assume it's like Bendis said in Total Sell-Out: some studio buys the rights (to have in a pool for later if they think it becomes relevant/hot), stays in development hell.

GL should/hopefully will get a reboot, i wish we'd try another but if its gonna be Hal...who's the guy who played Two Face in TDK? offhand, id say i can see him doing it, but i just liked that guy. believed in him, if you will.

Also, if Reynolds hadn't already ruined Hal Jordan.

Come on now, you can't blame that disaster on Reynolds. In the long list of things wrong with that movie, Reynolds doesn't even blip on the radar.

GL should/hopefully will get a reboot, i wish we'd try another but if its gonna be Hal...who's the guy who played Two Face in TDK? offhand, id say i can see him doing it, but i just liked that guy. believed in him, if you will.

It's Aaron Eckhart. Or Thomas Jane. One of those guys, I can never tell them apart.

129210367395939389.jpg

(Seriously though it's Eckhart, my choice for Cap back in the day. I still think he would have made a great Cap, despite his age.)

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Guys, Jon Hamm is the answer here. I'm shocked he isn't a generic mainstay in these discussions yet.

qa7IY.jpg

Superman, Batman, Hal. Superman fighting Batman. He could be half the Justice League. They can use trick photography, like that one episode of Perfect Strangers where Balki had an identical cousin. That shit blew my mind.

Or they can take him and Fillion and just split the DC universe down the middle.

Someone photoshop me a picture of either one of them looking like the guy from Soul Man dressed as Cyborg. I will +1 every post you have on that page. This is the currency with which I barter.

Yes, axel, I crude scrawling in MS Paint is always nice, but I will not be held to the terms of the above contract for such delightful morsels.

Tim Rothman leaving FOX

In a bit of startling news, 20th Century Fox Co-Chairman and CEO Tom Rothman will be leaving the studio. In letter to Fox staff, Rothman says he will resign on January 1, 2013. A source tells THR that all studio operations will be consolidated under studio co-chairman Jim Gianopulos. It’s a surprising departure considering Fox’s recent good fortune at the box office with hits like X-Men: First Class, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Chronicle. Rothman had been with Fox for over 18 years.

i didn't know who he was either, but the man fucking hated X-films apparently, and it seems he's why we got X3, amongst other things:

Where to begin?

Tom Rothman is responsible for Daredevil being a PG-13 leather fetish-fest.

Tom Rothamn is responsible for reducing the Die Hard series to the PG-13 level.

Tom Rothman is responsible for all of the idiotic deaths in X3 and pretty much everything else that sucked about that movie, including Brett Ratner

Tom Rothman is responsible for the shit-tastic theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven, one of my favorite films of all time. Fortunately Ridley was able to redeem himself on DVD.

Tom Rothman reportedly had a major role in the cancellation of Firefly and Arrested Development.

Tom Rothman shot my dog.

What am I missing fellas? I mean, I could go on.

That's being too kind to what he did to X-Men. From the very first film the guy was trying to fuck that franchise over for some reason. Singer had to rally hard against that piece of shit who would apparently often come onto set while Singer was with another unit and actually ORDER THE SET TO BE CHANGED and have the art department do it for him.

He forbid Sentinels from appearing in X-Men.

He forbid Galactus from appearing in all his glory in Rise of the Silver Surfer, and reduced him to a space cloud.

tumblr_m0bi7mRcrV1qa9jwno1_500.gif

dude allegedly fucked the Alien franchise right up too

• 2 weeks later...