Hondo's Bar

Playstation 3

The NZA

so im still wanting a skin for the system (if for nothing than to stop its dust magnetism), but torn between a plain black one with a hondo's logo and this, the best MGS one ive yet seen for the system.

I should really contact Losifer, he had a good site for customizing your own one, and i think our harley logo on black would look sharp.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, snap.

Sony Australia Giving LittleBigPlanet Away With Every PS3 Sold

And not as a hardware bundle. Just as a general, Christmas-y giveaway. The deal was supposed to kick off this Thursday, October 23. It obviously, now, will not be. It'll instead be kicking off a little later, whenever SCE Australia can confirm a local release date. The deal will see every single PlayStation 3 console sold in the country during the holiday season come with a copy of LittleBigPlanet. A free copy of LittleBigPlanet. Even if you don't want one. Good news for Aussies in the market for a PS3! Bad news for LittleBigPlanet's pre-owned market value.

I'm digging the latest update, 2.5 i think, i especially like that you can set your console to go off at an hour idle etc, same with the controller.

I really don't wanna read as catty but, shit, this was all standard on the 360 at launch. Good god I hope the PS3's up to scratch by the time i get one.

So... ? Yours run strictly on internal rechargables?

1) That then means without foresight you're forced to 'plug & play' on what I recall being described as an 'unreasonably short lead',

2) how expensive's that gonna be to replace when the battery eventually dies?

I'll take the option of recharging + batteries thanks.

If Sony have harnessed the power of batteries that last forever, they should really capitalise on that then shilling consoles.

You clearly have foresight, and resources sir. For those who don't, however, that comes to fuck-all avail, especially for someone like me who'll spend an exorbinant amount of money on the initial console, and can't afford additional controls and such. How long life you get per charge on those anyways?

last firmware brought some new shit like the ability to take screenshots, few blu-ray things as well. with the exception of the xbox's ability to let you auto-download anything new that comes out (which i honestly never've used, personally) id say its pretty well caught up, trophy implementation has been better on new titles, im guessing home's ability to launch games together will take care of whatever room i had left to fuss. Meaning, the online's good but depending on the title, it can be tricky to jump into a freind's game - LBP is awesome at this, MGO is not.

the batteries, even on the rumbly controller, are good, i just have a longer USB cord to charge up with when playing if need be or simply use my 2nd controller while the first one juices up, doesnt seem to take too long. Id say they last a bit longer than my 360 rechargables, but the ones i have are 3rd party made so it might not be a fair comparison, honestly.

A fair few hours life on a full charge, never had one go dead on me during play time on a full charge, thats for sure. And i've always been one for forsight, if i were buying a console now i'd be skeptical of a 360 or a ps3 mostly because of the 360's rrod-isms and the fact that the ps3 has regressed feature wise since its come out.

I was glad i bought my ps3 when i did because the model i have now is the one that is most sought after given its practically the most bulletproof one, features wise.

Whuh?

I had it all lined up to get you the 80 gig with 4 games for $475. I was to meet the guy at the comic book store that I go to (He didn't live far from there). Guys running late so I give him a call to see whats up. He told me that his neighbor wanted to trade his 360 with 7 games for the his PS3. Care to guess what he did.

• 1 month later...

yer dead ma's a nutshell

20081212.jpg

hilarious, and accurate. but the thing is, its not supposed to be a game, its like an extension of, say, the NXE. while, yes, i enjoyed meeting some guys from kotaku and talking gaming shit until some kid with a mic made my dream of being called a homo on the internet came true, several times - and there's an awful lot of female avatars getting hit on, shit's kinda sad, like worse than the e-thugs dancing hard at me sad - the prospect of a place to show of trophies (when that's a go) and a meeting house for hondonians to launch games & catch up seems cool enough by me. its just, right now, you can go bowl or play games but like PA said, for whatever reason, youre waiting in line and i just dont abide. now, the japanese home has pac-man, dig dug and such and fucking nobody plays em, so theyd better get the Namco museum over here soon.

all in all, its nothing special, just what you make of it i guess. i dont see myself hanging there, but when los and others were around (is the mic bug fixed now?) i dug it. Im just salty the Hondo's clubhouse that was free in the private beta is now $5. i hate this microtransaction shit, but i do want us to have a meeting ground.

• 1 month later...

ok, so, ive been looking for PS3 skins on ebay, and there's some sharp ones, but nothing that really sold me. Los told me about a place for custom skins, but im waiting to see if he ties up this really sharp logo he was working on for Hondos that i thought'd fit well.

meanwhile, the limited edition systems are looking pretty cool, depending on your tastes. Here's what ive seen so far:

1232353146.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 - gun metal case

1232383040.jpg

Resident Evil 5

1232433339.jpg

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

• 1 month later...