Hondo's Bar

Playstation 3

The NZA

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, it did go down quickly - apparently locked up some people's systems. fortunately, it doesnt look (?) like many, and mine's solid, just glad i got the update. Makes me wanna go play Super Stardust HD and start getting some of em, though im kinda holding out for the Uncharted update, much less MGS4.

hopefully theyll have it back up & 100% stable soon. im enjoying the feature so far myself.

• 2 weeks later...

The good news: Sony announced an 80GB PS3 for $400, coming this fall.

The bad news: i dont like how this was worded.

At Sony's E3 2008 press conference, Jack Tretton announced a 80 GB PS3 "Core Pack" that'll go for $400 — "the same functionality of the 40 GB... with twice the storage," he said.

"This new 80 GB PS3 is perfectly suited for HD games, music, movies and more."

if it doesnt play PS2 games, the dude does not abide.

Ours're the 80 GBs - not 100% BC (or close to it) the 60GB's had, but i read its like 80-90% with software emulation built in. Its why they moved so fast; MGS4's an awesome game, sure enough, but its the only system out right now with any real backwards compatibility.

and since its looking like the new 80 GB's are following the 40's suit of not having any at all (except for PS1 games) i imagine theyll stay hard to find. My friend at Gamestop can get one, though.

Man we have nothing but 40's, and as ridiculous as it sounds, BC'd speed up my purchase non-too-quick because there's a rich and wonderful library of PS1/2 games I'd love to get back into, but acknowledge titles like God Of War 3 & Littlebigplanet will pull me to the PS3 fold soon enough, so I fail to see the point in buying a PS2 as well as a PS3. Call it 'life giving me lemons and me holding out for canned Mountain Dew', but surely Sony's gonna get something right eventually and adhere to the consumer... I can wait.

No BC makes me a sad panda when I have to buy my own ps3. They are going to lose a ton of business with this no BC BS.

Clearly the 360 is doing a much better job on BC. :sarcasm:

The joys of my 60gb ps3 :ohface:

So glad I got one.

I know the 60gig versions over here sell at a premium, even second hand!!!

Here in the states your looking at extra 150-200 buck for a used BC PS3 and about an extra 300+ for a new one.

Well gee newt, given that any PS3 I buy retail right now won't play anything BC, whereas my 360 plays every single game I've tried(yes it's a finite list but what's on there that anyone cares about?), you make a very valid, if not cuntishly displayed point. Why you gotta raise arguements more than 2 years old? You gonna warn me of this red ring business you heard about? Or start bitching about heat issues?

The joys of buying early m'dear :sarcasm:

Uhm, okay. Sure. But Buy a 360 now or back then, and there's none of this bullshit. I'm saying to you the PS2 was a vastly superior console to the PS3 and I would buy a stoopid arsed PS3 in a heartbeat if I could only play my goddamned PS2 games on it. See, MS doesn't put this roadblock in my way, so they're okay in my book.

Lets use logic here.

Knowing the PS3 wasn't always going to be BC forever was a prime factor in buying as soon it was

announced.

Knowing the 360 was going to have limited bc support to a certain point.

Knowing all this should have made you go out and buy the damn thing before it was to late.

The lesson: You snooze You lose.

But I will try to help you out and see if anybody is willing to sell and I can also ask around and see if I can get my hands one for a good price.

I'm just a dreamer man. Okay, clearly there's a transatlantic confusion here and once again we fall behind the 8. In Australia, we had no idea that BC was a limited time only offer. Noone said shit to us. Sony simply said 'come play something you can play all your old titles on'. If anyone had informed Australia or even just me, that BC would be taken away I most assuredly would have bought one back then. Now anymore sass from you two and I start spoilering Dark Knight(although I guess Doj is less concerned since he's not seeing it opening day for a date with his right hand).

Uhm, okay. Sure. But Buy a 360 now or back then, and there's none of this bullshit. I'm saying to you the PS2 was a vastly superior console to the PS3 and I would buy a stoopid arsed PS3 in a heartbeat if I could only play my goddamned PS2 games on it. See, MS doesn't put this roadblock in my way, so they're okay in my book.

actually, to be fair? older 360s break, a lot. lack of proper heatsyncs. and old PS2s were pretty bad as far as failure rates. let's not pretend any of 'em are saints here.

i do admit the lack of BC is a retarded move, even if they needed to bring the price down quick - but again, if youre looking for an 80 gig, it can be found.