Hondo's Bar

Playstation 3

The NZA

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arch - just like when buckley talks; no one's listening, man.

Could DC Universe beat out Marvel Universe? I'll consult Wiki and let'cheh's know. But between that and God of War 3 the PS3's really starting to look pretty.Shoot. Looks like MUO has appahrently been cancelled. fuckery.

Hard to say; at least the Marvel one got a concept trailer, weve not yet seen even that from the DC one. GOW3 is gonna be '09, i figure, along with RE5 and FF 13, again. and yeah, fuckery to the Marvel one, i was actually looking forward to an MMO.

• 5 months later...

well, it took forever, but the Offiical blog finally announced that firmware 2.4 will bring in-game XMB (meaning you can read messages in-game, hopefully custom soundtracks too) as well as the premier of trophies, which is awesome.

doesnt say when, just "soon". At least they've committed to this much; it only took a year and a half. :2T:

well, like XBL, you can store music onna hard drive and just play it during the game. for, say, an online shooter youve heard thousands of times, putting your own music over it is a big plus, to me. the only thing Live will have over it is the ability to stream music over windows media; with PS3, you gotta get it to the drive and play it from there, but either way works.

well, like XBL, you can store music onna hard drive and just play it during the game. for, say, an online shooter youve heard thousands of times, putting your own music over it is a big plus, to me. the only thing Live will have over it is the ability to stream music over windows media; with PS3, you gotta get it to the drive and play it from there, but either way works.

Thats pretty sweet, might liven up the commentary in FIFA 08 and i might be able to recreate the assassins creed by going around to teardrop by massive attack....

ENjoy. Did I tell you NG2 has actually converted Shane from casual 4-screen solo halo player to fiery gamer?

I really didn't mean to sound like a dousche when I look in awe at the above, but, I kinda feel the way my kids are going to when I try to explain dial up to 'em...

ENjoy. Did I tell you NG2 has actually converted Shane from casual 4-screen solo halo player to fiery gamer?

I really didn't mean to sound like a dousche when I look in awe at the above, but, I kinda feel the way my kids are going to when I try to explain dial up to 'em...

Ninja Gaiden 2 is awesome distilled into a 9GB DVD.

But anyway, bout damn time that the PS3 got that support.

Question about the custom soundtracks, is that for every game, or only those that support it? I know on 360 nearly every title has custom soundtrack support unless MS gave them a specific pass (GTAIV). How's Sony doing it?

they havent said dick on it, to be honest. i dont even recall it getting mentioned in their blog i cited; i think most of us are assuming its there 'cause in-game XMB access was the holdup. again though, article id read a while back from the japanese guys working on the firmware (seemed like a small crew) swore the ability was already there for most games, just not accessible. Hopefully that wasnt bullshit, otherwise we'll be looking at a "ok, every game from here on out" kinda thing which is weak.

You'll shut my smarmy mouth the day Home hits and not a day earlier. I've yet to check out the trophies dealy but without a home/display area they just seem like hobo achievements. So yes, keep on running Sony, you might catch M$'s coattails yet!

ok, so this is pretty interesting, no idea how legit it is though:

UK PS3 Trophy page?

Its basically taking most of the games that've had "rewards" and given them a #. Looks very achievement-like, but doesnt it look odd that each game has a different total # of points? Also, im waiting on Heavenly Sword, DMC4 and the like. Also wondering if my gamesave'll just pick these up or if i gotta do em again. At this point, its not too bad; i was only halfway through Ratchet, and im down to replay Uncharted any day of the week.

• 2 weeks later...

trophieshead.jpg

So! the good news all over the internets is that we're finally getting trophies, in-game XMB access, custom soundtracks and shit we shoulda had last year this wednesday, which is awesome.

Bad news is, its not retroactively applied, so some might havta do shit all over if they didnt save towards the end-like, as maldron/myself/many others are assuming once you go back & pull off whatever crazy stunt, once that game has trophies patched in, you should be solid.

First games up are:

· BUZZ!™ Quiz TV

· LittleBigPlanet™

· MotorStorm™ Pacific Rift

· NBA 09 - PS3

· PAIN**

· PixelJunk™ Eden

· Resistance 2™

· SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

· Warhawk™**

...yeah, im scratching my head, too: LBP and Resistance 2 both look great but arent out yet. Warhawk's about the only relevant one. I cant wait for Uncharted, personally, and imagine Metal Gear Solid 4 cant be far off, so Big Boss, here i comes.

now let's see that wily Maldron message me and make me leave my gaming to read "what is wrong with you? go play metal gear, man." :cheerleader:

trophies are up! firmware's live, getting it now. they just annoucned Uncharted is the next to get em, so if youve somehow missed out on that game, do yourself a favor and find it used, it can be had for like $30 and its totally worth it. so hyped.