Hondo's Bar

Playstation 3

The NZA

So PS3's getting another game.

At this rate, they'll be competing properly with the Wii and XBox 360 in, what? 750 years?

Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) President Kazuo Hirai was quoted by the Nikkei newspaper as saying that 200 software titles and 180 download-only titles would be released for the PS3 in the current business year to next March.

At present, there are 60 software titles and 50 download-only titles available for the PS3 worldwide, the newspaper said.

also, any who watched E3 this year, knows that Sony housed it: Heavenly Sword, Lair, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, Gran Turismo 5, Assasin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Unreal III, Haze, Singstar, Call of Duty 4, Echnodrome, Rock Band, Guitar Hero III, Army of Two, Kane & Lynch, holy shit i could go on here. A few of those are also coming to 360, a few of them not until much later, many not at all, and none are going to hte Wii. Its quality im looking for, perosnally, so im excited about that list, plus if you somehow havent seen SOF's link up there to Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay:

..and that's not even the trailer in HD.

Oh, and you really, really gotta see Resident Evil 5, trailer just dropped yesterday:

...yeah. jesus, both of those are showing you in-game graphics, mind you.

All this, before Tokyo Game Show in september, when Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Story will likely own as well, with more surprises.

If youre hung up on sales, cause youve got stock in one of em: a) PS3 did need games, thats why it slumped. pricedrop plus this stuff (Lair + Stranglehold in like a week or two, it all starts after that), b) seriously, DS is housing everything anyway.

Its easy to miss out 'cause it was cool to hate on sony from the internet a few months back, but seriously, that time has past. I doubt Buckley's played anymore of consoles lately than Joel here has.

SOF: welcome aboard m'man! ill go add you tonight before i get off. Other hondians are bishopcruz and gunsmithx, Losifer looks to join sometime soon im told. Lemme know what you think; already got a Hondo's clan for me & Sen in Resistance, got a good headset for it too. Oh, dont forget to make PSN accounts for the US and Japan as well, they all get demos that others dont get, its weird. I'm TheIrishNinja over there man, look me up!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will my man, headset? what one did ya get?

Picked up a Jabra BT 125 (bluetooth, its the one theyre including in the retail version of Warhawk so you know it works well with PS3) for like $20 on ebay, got a keyboard & mouse for another $20 or so, cant complain.

How'd i go about setting up other accounts, just create new ones?

In one.

Just set up new users from the menu alla way on the left, and then when you register them for PSN, use an american or japasnese address; google it, anything will do if it looks right.

Its really easy, and this page is great for helping you setup the japanese one. Japanese page has trailers for things like Devil May Cry 3 and such, demos for Folklore (excellent) and Hot Shots Golf 5. American page has a ton of trialers from E3, we should have mostly the same games & demos as you by now, with a few exceptions in the PS1 secion, but its worth checking out. The Hong Kong store rarely (if ever) gets anything new that we dont have.

Tell me you saw that RE5 trailer, holy shit.

4mkkchl.gif

Oh! looks like Metal Gear Online's gonna be a seperate game, also exclusive, plus things are looking good for the MGS 20th anniversary package, supposed to include every game in the series up to part 4 for like $60!

metal_gear_anniversary.jpg

that shit, it better come over here, i swear to god. Anyway, good times.

So, with the latest firmware giving the option to do custom backgrounds, there's people making some good ones, many from here. Thread's over 100 pages, i grabbed some of the best looking ones to post here in case anyone else wanted em (1st page has some greats, got Sen's LittleBigPlanet one from there):

mgs3.png

mgs2-1.png

mgs-1.png

lightningwz8.jpg

finalfantasyve3.jpg

FFwallpaperPNG.png

sword.png

FF7-3.png

FF7-2.png

AssassinsWallpaper.png

devilmaycry.png

gta4.png

KWELI.png

mario2.png

pegasus1600.jpg

ps few for the road:

fendofhalomf56c3b8sb0.jpg

4yshzrb.jpg

Sony announced at E3 2007 that, through a deal made with Epic, Unreal Tournament 3 will be a PlayStation 3 timed console exclusive during 2007. The Xbox 360 version will follow sometime in 2008. The statement by Tretton confused many, therefore Mark Rein made it very clear during the Midway conference at E3 2007 that UT3 would ship for both PS3 and PC in November, with the Xbox 360 version coming the following year. It was also announced that the PS3 version will be able to use PC-created mods and levels.

360 might get some of that later, but its being said that MS wants a tighter leash kept on that kind of content, so if you're a fan of user mods & such, i think the PS3 version's a better deal.

i... you're my hero

haha, thanks, wish i had a hand in it. it was surprising news at E3, i was really exicted to see it. I'm hoping they let us use a fair amount of what's out there, and tha the trend catches on with other FPS' in the future. Also, we already got USB wireless mice & keyboards, im hoping they use those as optional controls at some point, even though it means ill never win again.

Can't wait to get my HDTV!!!

Shop around man, im sure you can get some awesome deals! shame were not closer to thanksgivnig, black friday that week is usually insane for such deals. I love my baby, but once im hired, down the road i imainge a 60" 1080p at some point...no hurry tho, most games are coming in 720p at the moment.

also, i hope we both get that MGS collection. It sells more here in the states than even in japan, so i think its a no-brainer.

Picked up a Jabra BT 125 (bluetooth, its the one theyre including in the retail version of Warhawk so you know it works well with PS3) for like $20 on ebay, got a keyboard & mouse for another $20 or so, cant complain.

I'll look into that, can you use Keyboard and Mouse to control the games??

Tell me you saw that RE5 trailer, holy shit.

Yep, one of the first one's i downloaded, fucking hell that looks insane!

I'll look into that, can you use Keyboard and Mouse to control the games??

Not officially yet, no, i havent seen any games support it; but with Home debuting in september, and Warhawk before then, i expect a lot more people on keyboards (and headsets too), so between that and the open-ended approach PSN is taking with user content on Unreal III, im thinking it could be an option in shooters & such to come.

Not officially yet, no, i havent seen any games support it; but with Home debuting in september, and Warhawk before then, i expect a lot more people on keyboards (and headsets too), so between that and the open-ended approach PSN is taking with user content on Unreal III, im thinking it could be an option in shooters & such to come.

Yeah cos it's taken a while to get used to Resistanc!!!

• 3 months later...

Congrats, man! any games yet? id share the ones i got on PSN if i could, but i seem to be locked for the moment.

Ratchet & Clank is awesome so far, and the Uncharted demo sold me on that title as well, i think those 2 are looking like this year's finest.

kind of. its not as unified as the one you get with a 360, but its a Jabra BT 125, seen here. its not bad (mine's a bit chewed up, thanks to mia...), as far as battery life & such, but it seems more euro kids are using it than those here, at least in Warhawk. Same in Resistance, but i had the good fortune of playing with a few kids with way too much shit to talk, so i ended up muting a few people and wondering why i'd had it at that particluar point. that said, itd be awesome to have if a few of us got in a game of something like Resistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good plan DoJ. Today I actually walked out of GameStop with 4 PS3 games. I was originally going just for Uncharted (which i got and is awesome-llent! So good i had to combine two words). But then i noticed that since it was Black Friday, GameStop had a deal going on. Buy two used games, get one free. So i managed to get my hands on Ratchet, Folklore And Assassin's Creed (For free).

This turned out to be a terrible idea though. Too many good games and just not enough time. i keep cycling between them all...even my first PS3 game (CoD 4) So yeah, from now on, I buy one game every two weeks or so (depending if there is anything good out).

OK. So next month, I'm looking at Unreal Tournament 3...and what else? Hmm.

• 1 month later...

figured all the new adopters (Los, DoJ, Dante, WhoDey - gotta get everybody's PSN names up soon!) would appreciate this, a list made by a Playstation forum member or something. 2008 should be a good year for Sony, despite LitteBigPlanet's fall delay.

PlayStation 3 Exclusives Confirmed - Includes already released games

Released [24 Titles]

Eye of Judgement, The [PlayStation Eye]

Folklore

Formula One Championship Edition

Full Auto 2: Battlelines

Genji: Days of the Blade

Godfather: The Don's Edition, The

Heavenly Sword

Lair

MLB '07: The Show

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire