Hondo's Bar

Tea vs Coffee

crimsonfire

Tea or coffee  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why you ought to break your coffee habit and drink tea instead.

To the average american, coffee is a daily habit. But little do they realize the implications of drinking this roasted bean...

Coffee is linked to heart disease, according to a study done by researchers at the European Society of Cardiology. Apparently it causes the arteries to harden, putting your heart under strain and raising your blood pressure. Not only that, but there are chemicals in coffee that are linked to heart disease and strokes. Not even filtered coffee can stop that.

Which is why you should switch to tea. According to John Weisburger, Ph.D., tea can not only reduce the risk of heart disease, but also according to studies done by the University of Cambridge School of Medicine, it can strengthen bones and prevent against osteoporosis in women. And there's a chance that it may help to prevent cancer, as well. Oh yes, and studies have shown that compounds in black tea attach bacteria causing gum disease and cavities. In fact, they can even "suppress growth and acid production of cavity-causing bacteria in dental plaque."

Then again, if you've been drinking coffee all your life and are depressed by these facts, you'd better drink more coffee. Word has it that drinking coffee prevents suicide.

BUT I CAN"T FUNCTION without it. I love coffee. Blames Dunkin Donuts. Mmmmmmmmm

you should all try the "Venti Black Iced Tea Lemonade with Valencia Syrup" or the "Venti GREEN Iced Tea Lemonade with Melon Syrup" @ Starbux! for the tea lovers

OR

the "Grande NonFat Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel" or the "Tall Soy Caramel Macchiato" MMMM Coffee Lovers this is delish!

Tea is da bomb no matter what time of year! On a hot day, nothing cools me down like a nice tall glass of iced tea. On a cold day, nothing warms me up nicely like a cup of hot tea, not to mention hot tea with honey does my throat really good when I am sick.

Ah i see tea is the clear winner here.A lot of green tea drinkers. My mam drinks it. Is it supposed to clean you out or something cos it tastes awful?

That's what they told me about Jack Daniels, but I kept drinking the stuff it just started tasting better and better.

Archived