Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

Zombieland does indeed look awesome, that reminds me everyone who's into zombie comedies should check out Dance of the Dead, it was released with about 7 really shitty movies as part of the Ghost House Underground thing but it's actually pretty good.

It's funny you mention Dance cause I was gonna propose a movie night (at Nick's house) and show this movie. That and Boy Eats Girl. Seen that one?

Yeah, own it actually, kinda slow to start out but the scene with tractor makes up for every shortcoming that movie has.

I found the beginning to be very good. Up until the dance even. Then it starts to go downhill until the tractor scene. Overall good enough to make my collection. Although, just the name 'Boy Eats Girl' was enough for me.

Ha, I wasn't either, I just remember when I was a kid she was supposed to be the next big thing, and now this is where she's ended up. It's like Denis Leary's bit about how he couldn't wait for the Hanson lkids to get all hooked on drugs and fucked up.

Edited by Iambaytor

Here's the trailer for Daybreak the vampire movie made by The Spiereg Brothers (the one who made Undead) starring Willem Defoe, Ethan Hawke, and Sam Fucking Neil. This movie looks like it might actually manage to nail what Blade and Underworld so consistently failed to do if nothing else it still looks damn good and Defoe and Neil are more than enough for me to watch this now.

eh....cast does look good, but the trailer gives the impression of a flick that might get lost in its own scope (like i felt a bit with equilibrium). id like to be wrong. also, what wasnt awesome about the first blade flick? that was so good.

eh....cast does look good, but the trailer gives the impression of a flick that might get lost in its own scope (like i felt a bit with equilibrium). id like to be wrong. also, what wasnt awesome about the first blade flick? that was so good.

agreed. how'd u get the impression i didn't like BLADE?

can't say i've heard of/remember the film equilibrium.

He didn't get the impression you didn't like Blade, he got the impression your better half had a problem with it.

This movie looks like it might actually manage to nail what Blade and Underworld so consistently failed to do

Also, I agree Equilibrium fell short of it's reach, but the fight scenes were too notch, way better than was merited by it's tiny budget, but you're right...it didn't aim for the moon and overshoot it the way other ambitious films like The Matrix or Fight Club did, but I still thought it was worth the purchase and watching it more than once.

And Haku, you're losing cred here. Go see Equilibrium.

also, what wasnt awesome about the first blade flick? that was so good.

I don't know, it just never seemed to realize the scope it was going for, this was most apparent in the first Blade where the world was either populated by club-kid dipshit vampires or snooty Victorian vampires. They did a much better job in the second one and even the third one managed but it just always felt like they misusing their potential on trendy vampires with weird hairdoes and designer clothes.

Also, yes, Hakujin, what the fuck? Go watch Equilibrium.

Also Nick, how can you not see Defoe go "We're the guys with the crossbows" and not instantly feel the need to see this. Not to mention when they picked a villain they shot for the moon, that's Damien Thorne.

• 2 weeks later...