Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

• 2 weeks later...

It certainly does, I can't wait to see more from it.

Sunshine - A very long and intense trailer for Danny Boyle's scifi film. It also contains what feels like some minor spoilers and the most overused trailer music in recent history. I also miss the cool tagline from the first trailer - "So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day - you'll know we made it" but otherwise it looks really interesting.

The Bourne Ultimatum - Jason Bourne might be the only character possibly capable of kicking Jack Bauer's ass. I want to put them and James Bond in a room together for the ultimate JB battle for supremacy. Bourne supremacy? Who knows. Anyway, great trailer to what looks like a great movie for fans of the first two (despite shaky cam hell). For the record, I think the tagline "Bourne comes home" is pretty weak compared to the European version - "Remember everything. Forgive nothing." But hey, I'm a tagline whore.

Yeah, that's a scary trailer. I'm tempted to go see Transformers just to watch that on the big screen. Can't wait to see more of it...and, you know, find out just what the hell it is.

The Simpsons - The greatest family adventure of all time.

Shoot 'Em Up - Another crazy r-rated action movie in which everyone gets to do what they do best. Clive Owen gets to be a badass. Monica Bellucci gets to be the world's most insanely hot MILF. And...Paul Giamatti gets to be an evil hitman? Ok, that one's new. But fun!

Gone Baby Gone - Ben Affleck's directorial debut. It's ok, he's not acting in it, ya haters.

American Gangster - From Ridley Scott. Denzel Washington chases another Oscar for playing another bad guy, while Russell Crowe chases him. Kinda. Well, ok, so it's a bit more complicated than that.

The Brave One - An interesting looking character study of vigilantism with Jodie Foster (as the vigilante!) and Terrence Howard.

Lions for Lambs - An absolutely terribly trailer for Robert Redford's upcoming drama about the war on terror.

The Invasion - Nicole Kidman and Danny Craig (sorry...Daniel Craig, now) star in this new version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Edited by Silent Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Vantage Point - A cool Rashomon style political thriller about an attempted Presidential assassination. With Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker and William Hurt.

30 Days of Night - Appropiately coming out in October.

I Know Who Killed Me - Now I'm sick of Lindsay Lohan as much as the next guy but if I have to watch a movie with her in it, there are worse things than watching her play a stripper and then get brutally kidnapped and killed (kinda).

Get Smart - Get Smart was my favorite show as a kid, so when I heard they were making a movie with Will Ferrell, I was pissed off. But now Ferrell is out and Steve Carell is in and I have to admit, if anyone can pull it off, it's him. I just hope Peter Segal (The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, My Fellow Americans) is up to it. It's a shame that original writers and creators Mel Brooks and Buck Henry have no involvement.

10,000 BC - Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Patriot) follows up The Day After Tomorrow with this prehistoric epic.

Sleuth - Kenneth Branagh directs this remake of the classic battle-of-wits film. Michael Caine steps into the role that Lawrence Olivier played in the original, while Jude Law takes the role Caine himself played in the original (this is the second remake in which Jude Law has played a character originally done by Michael Caine).

Death at a Funeral - Frank Oz directs this film with Peter Dinklage, Ewen Brenmer, Matthew Macfadyen and Alan Tudyk (which, I notice while typing, seems to be the movie of oddly spelled last names)

Underdog - Speaking of Peter Dinklage, he also plays the villain (with Patrick Warburton) of this sadly-live-action film. This, coupled with Jason Lee voicing the title character, might actually make the movie worth seeing.

The Spiderwick Chronicles - Freddie Highmore is making a good career for himself by starring in childrens book turned fantasy films.

3:10 to Yuma - A great looking Western remake starring Russell Crowe, Christian Bale, and Ben Foster back in scary mode. The original film was written by Elmore Leonard. James Mangold (Walk the Line, Identity, Cop Land) directs.

No Country for Old Men - The latest from the Coen Brothers. Based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy.

September Dawn - Terrible trailer but interesting story about the first known case of religious terrorism in the US (coincidentally enough, it happened on September 11th...1857). Hint: the "terrorists" were Mormons.

December Boys - Daniel Radcliffe proves that he's not just Harry Potter...even if he still looks like it.

Beowulf - And finally, this is the trailer that convinced me to update the New Trailers thread. Watch it in high-res if you can. Robert Zemeckis directs this incredible looking all-cg film starring cg versions of Ray Winstone, Robin Wright Penn, Anthony Hopkins, Brendan Gleeson, John Malkovich and a really hot Angelina Jolie. Better yet, the film is written by Neil Gaiman and Roger Avary (former writing partner with Quentin Tarantino, wrote The Rules of Attraction and Silent Hill). Polar Express looks like a PS2 cinematic compared to this. And now that I think about it, Angelina Jolie is so hot, I wonder if they've just been using this computerized model of her all alone - S1m0ne style.

Edited by Silent Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

(blink)

That's just crazy, right there.

As for the trailer, it definitely looks cool in that completely-unlike-the-comic-in-every-possible-way kinda way. Gone is the whole superhero/supervillain thing. Gone are the real crazy characters, it looks like (I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing Mr. Rictus or Shithead). Gone is the "this is me fucking you in the ass" attitude. Ah well. Looks cool anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After being VERY long delayed, his hilarious looking movie will finally see release on Jan 18th. How wide the release is still not none, but it's less than two weeks away and I had not been reminded of the release in the media (I stumbled across it on Rotten Tomatoes' release calender), so I'm not confident that it's being promoted like a film that will get true wide release. Instead I'm seeing commercials for the craptacular-looking One Missed Call.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's from the maker of Scary Movie, but it's also from the makes of The Naked Gun, and it actually looks like it could be funny.

Great cast, including Juno's titular star, Ellen Page. She had no idea Juno was going to be the hit it was when she signed up for this movie, but it's lucky she did, because it looks like her character is pretty different, and had she been similar, it could have lead to typecasting.

Stephen Chow's new movie. If this movie is a tenth as good as Shaolin Soccer or Kung Fu Hustle, this terrible voice over is doing the movie no favors.