Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

Not the first one. Whichever one it was where they tried to make fun of Signs. It also had Leslie Nielsen in it.

That was 3 if i remember rightly and it wasnt actually that bad. Charlie Sheen was pretty good in that one. Nielsen wasnt given enough screentime or decent lines in it though but c'mon its fuckin Nielsen, he ruled anyway. The less said about 4 the better.

That superhero dealy with Drake in it looks funny. Whens Josh gonna get his formerly-fat ass into a leading role?

• 4 weeks later...

The Hammer

Looks funny. Shame they gave it a direct-to-video trailer treatment.

Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden?

This trailer looks great, and I love the poster.

Get Smart, new trailer

God this looks good. The Rock is becoming a great comedic actor.

and...the new trailer for Iron Man

I'm calling it: third best Marvel movie after X2 and Spidey 2...or possibly better.

The Living and the Dead

I want to see this movie based on the trailer alone, it looks disturbing and almost Hitchcock-like

Bio Slime

Looks like a good old Croenenberg "body invaded by strange substance" movie, the effects look top shelf

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

After that piece of shit Hero of the Federation it looks like they've reclaimed some dignity and a budget. It's also good to see Casper Van Dien back (A sentence that sounds foreign and dirty coming from my mouth) and honestly how can you not want to see a movie that has a character named Dix Hauser?

Funny Games

It seems a bit weird to be remaking this and I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. The trailer feels a bit too light-hearted given the subject material but who knows it may be good. It has Tim Roth it worth viewing on those merits alone.

Escape From New York.... I mean, Doomsday

Yeah it looks like Mad Max meets Escape From New York meets 28 Days Later with a little bit of Resident Evil sprinkled on for flavor. But Neil Marshal, director and writer of both Dog Soldiers and the Descent, wrote and directed it so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Edited by Iambaytor

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

After that piece of shit Hero of the Federation it looks like they've reclaimed some dignity and a budget. It's also good to see Casper Van Dien back (A sentence that sounds foreign and dirty coming from my mouth) and honestly how can you not want to see a movie that has a character named Dix Hauser?

Don't get your hopes up on this one. Looked it up on imdb.com and it looks as if it's not gonna be in the theaters, but going straight to DVD.

This movie would probably have more promise if they just gotten Paul Verhoeven back on the director's chair. Maybe if he had done the same for Basic Instinct 2 then the movie might've been SLIGHTLY better (even Paul could've only done so much with a 48-yr old Sharon Stone).

Edited by Acalis

Don't get your hopes up on this one. Looked it up on imdb.com and it looks as if it's not gonna be in the theaters, but going straight to DVD.

This movie would probably have more promise if they just gotten Paul Verhoeven back on the director's chair. Maybe if he had done the same for Basic Instinct 2 then the movie might've been SLIGHTLY better (even Paul could've only done so much with a 48-yr old Sharon Stone).

Oh I know it wouldn't be in theaters, I'm realistic. But it has potential and come on, what part of DIX HAUSER don't you understand?

The Starship Troopers franchise had dignity? When was that?

Alright, after actually watching the trailer, I have to admit that there really is some strange unexplained comfort that comes from seeing Casper Van Dien in that uniform again. I don't understand it.

Edited by Silent Bob

The Starship Troopers franchise had dignity? When was that?

Alright, after actually watching the trailer, I have to admit that there really is some strange unexplained comfort that comes from seeing Casper Van Dien in that uniform again. I don't understand it.

Starship Troopers is like Robocop it seems stupid and then you go back and watch it again years later and realize "this is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen committed to film" and I still guard my Robocop trilogy like Gollum guards the ring. This movie will be passable! Not great, but it will be entertaining!

A lot of people I talk to miss the point with films like Starship Troopers and Robocop. Theyre more akin to black comedies than action/sci fi. The cheesiness is intentional and I. LOVE. IT.

Starship troopers was kind of like the lovechild of a 50s B movie and a wartime propaganda film. Never saw the 2nd one but I hear they went down the "They're back and they Look Just Like Us!" route. Translation = We're too cheap/broke to splurge on big ass monsters and theres also the opportunity for an interspecies sex scene ala Natasha Henstridge.

Which leads me to a question thats been bugging me for a while. Who captured the fanboys hearts first: Natasha Henstridge or Milla Jovovich?

A lot of people I talk to miss the point with films like Starship Troopers and Robocop. Theyre more akin to black comedies than action/sci fi. The cheesiness is intentional and I. LOVE. IT.

Starship troopers was kind of like the lovechild of a 50s B movie and a wartime propaganda film. Never saw the 2nd one but I hear they went down the "They're back and they Look Just Like Us!" route. Translation = We're too cheap/broke to splurge on big ass monsters and theres also the opportunity for an interspecies sex scene ala Natasha Henstridge.

Which leads me to a question thats been bugging me for a while. Who captured the fanboys hearts first: Natasha Henstridge or Milla Jovovich?

Well, technically Species came before 5th Element. But Dazed and Confused came before Species. So Milla Jovovich.

The Living and the Dead

I want to see this movie based on the trailer alone, it looks disturbing and almost Hitchcock-like

alright, color me interested.

hey, anyone know about shutter? myspace was hyping it, and im desperate for quality horror.

alright, color me interested.

hey, anyone know about shutter? myspace was hyping it, and im desperate for quality horror.

It's just another cash-in on the whole Japanese ghost story bit. Maybe it'll go more the Pulse route than the Ring route but I'm not optimistic. I mean there are other monsters in Japanese folklore that could make some good horror. But it's ground that's been tred on more than a few times.

I love Starship Troopers, but one of my favorite things about that movie is how the first half-hour is a high school melodrama and it transitions perfectly into a war movie. That will be missing from this sequel, but I am looking forward to this. But let's not let the excitement about getting Casper Van Dien back distract us from the fact that imdb does not list Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, or Clancy Brown. None of those people are busy now, what the fuck?

I love Starship Troopers, but one of my favorite things about that movie is how the first half-hour is a high school melodrama and it transitions perfectly into a war movie. That will be missing from this sequel, but I am looking forward to this. But let's not let the excitement about getting Casper Van Dien back distract us from the fact that imdb does not list Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, or Clancy Brown. None of those people are busy now, what the fuck?

Yeah it's kinda sad when Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, and Clancy Brown are "too Hollywood" for a movie, isn't it?

Starship Troopers is like Robocop it seems stupid and then you go back and watch it again years later and realize "this is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen committed to film" and I still guard my Robocop trilogy like Gollum guards the ring. This movie will be passable! Not great, but it will be entertaining!

The way older movies are making a comeback with newer sequels, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Robocop 4 coming out sometime soon. Of course with the new tradition, they won't call it Robocop 4, they will call it something like "Robocop: Instrument of Justice" or something (like they called Rocky 6 "Rocky Balboa" and Die Hard 4 "Live Free or Die Hard).

Peter Weller has expressed interest in donning the Robocop armor again but whether they'll go through with it or not is hard to say. It's like Robert Z'Dar wanting to do Maniac Cop 4 or Bruce Campbell wanting to do Evil Dead 4 they want it to happen but I'm not holding my breath.

And they're remaking TRON which will be awesome or I'll have a crying fit in the theaters because a bad remake of TRON will be the equivalent of going back in time, find a 5 year old version of me, and kicking him square in the balls.

And they're remaking TRON which will be awesome or I'll have a crying fit in the theaters because a bad remake of TRON will be the equivalent of going back in time, find a 5 year old version of me, and kicking him square in the balls.

That would be SO AWESOME! I thought Tron was one of those movies that was way ahead of its time, and that's probably it wasn't as appreciated. The SFX were awesome considering the movie was made back in 1982. Imagine doing the same type of movie but now with CG. I am salivating just thinking of the results!

That would be SO AWESOME! I thought Tron was one of those movies that was way ahead of its time, and that's probably it wasn't as appreciated. The SFX were awesome considering the movie was made back in 1982. Imagine doing the same type of movie but now with CG. I am salivating just thinking of the results!

I'm praying and hoping. This is a very big deal to me, TRON was like the single most awesome thing in existence when I was a kid.

oh, me too, but by the time we got, say, T2, i was numb to the effects, and realized the story that was left wasnt so memorable, my opinion.

I am firmly convinced that without TRON the Matrix may never have existed. The story is still well put together and even with the dated special effects it's a solid film, I used to share your opinion but I picked up the DVD for nostalgia's sake and ended up loving it.

Edited by Iambaytor