Hondo's Bar

Preacher

Newtype

That's precislely what im saying, sir.

Spoilers abound, he's left multiple comments, and he's read Bone and numerous other series, but not this one.

You see why i have him on ignore. You see.

Why would you even READ much less, post in, a thread about a series you haven't read?

You're a much more restrained man than me to simply block him, I'da slaped him around a bit by now. (cuz he's, like, asking for it, really.)

Jumbie: he shall then get slapped.

Baytor: I was gonna teach you the almighty secret of the "ignore" feature, but you mocked my FAQ. :devil:

i made it all organized! what do i gotta do to make it better?!

I'm not trying to mock it, I TRIED to read it, how many people here can say that? But I stared into its fearsome maw, and truly it was an abyss into the depths of a Lovecraftian dimension unimagined by the human mind. Simply gazing into the fearsome rift caused me to get dizzy and feel as though I would pass out. THE HORROR!

Jumbie: he shall then get slapped.

So now just looking at me isn't enough to get your juices flowin'? You need to get rough? Shit...men are so complicated.

I read the first graphic novel in a B&N after you showed it to me. I obviously don't know it as well as anone else here, but that doesn't mean my casting 2track isn't any less spot on.

as he's on "ignore" i still dont know what jax is saying.

but someone please tell him that a) youve barely been introduced to the characters in that book, so youre not qualified to make the call, and b) i have the whole thing in trade, and am all about getting people to read it, tho La Lindsay's next in line over the break.

as he's on "ignore" i still dont know what jax is saying.

but someone please tell him that a) youve barely been introduced to the characters in that book, so youre not qualified to make the call, and b) i have the whole thing in trade, and am all about getting people to read it, tho La Lindsay's next in line over the break.

He's saying he has candy, in the back of his van. You should check it out, he sounds serious.

• 4 weeks later...

Rereading Preacher now, I can't help but get a little more excited about seeing this on a screen. I figure Garth should prolly be left outta the greater creative proccess and that be left to a team of hardcore fans for one simple reason: Fuck-all writers look at their work & say 'it's perfect'. If given a second pass they'll change whatever suits 'em, & I reckon that's why a lotta book-to-movies suck. I really, really, really don't want to see another Punisher.

okay. I'll not lie. I didn't even read this thread. I heard about all this crap and was like 'cool'. I didn't read the thread becuase i didn't want anyone to sway my response. Not becuase you smell like poo.

but.

it's going to suck.

WAIT!!! don't write me off just yet. i am no simpleton nay-sayer.

Let me tell you why.

Comic spoilers

You know the parts that you just love? Jesse eating Tulip out, Cassidy and Jesse talking about Bill Hicks, Cassidy pretending to fuck a sheep back in the day when he was just a wee vampire?

they ain't gonna be there.

Those stupid little parts (and there are just way to many to mention) are what make Preacher what it is. It's what comic book writers DREAM of doing originally, but they just can't becuase Garth already went there.

They may put a few of 'em in here and there, or tease around the subjects a bit, but it's not going to be the same. We all clamor and deamand something we won't have unless we pick the damn books up (or individual comics up) and read them again.

it's going to fucking kick ass!

Or at least I hope so.

no... I'm not crazy. I'm just being realistic. It's going to be awesome. Awesome to see it get some recognition from more mainstream places like HBO! WE MAY EVEN SEE BUSTS!!!! and other statues...

admit it.

Mild Comic spoilers

you want a statue of JC fucking a chicken.

you know you do!!!!

peace out fellow fanfolk,

(my uber dorknes just went off the charts with that last line...)

-Dr.Girlfriend.

Edited by alive she cried
Added Comic spoilers

So...is it...going to suck...or fucking kick ass? My vote's for fucking kick ass because if you had read the rest of the thread (and please do, because we type a lot) you'd see that the people working on this project plan on including everything from the comic (even the freakin' Saint backstory!) and then some.

I do realize everything that's going on behind the scenes...or at least as much as anyone else with an internet connection does. Oh, i went ahead and read the thread as well. I am remaining optimistic, at this time. I can't help but feel that nothing will ever compare to the books though.

It's going to suck becuase it won't fallow the story-line to the last letter.

it's going to kick ass becuase they are least going to try.

like i said... at the very least we'll see some merchandise, and I could live with that right now.

Comic spoilers

Shit! I read that and thought "There's a statue of Jesus Christ fucking a chicken in this book? This shit really is as hardcore as IC is always saying!" Oh well, statues of chicken fucking are still pretty hardcore, I guess, but whoever TC is, it's not going to be as funny to me as Jesus Christ.

I have faith that HBO will let them do what has to be done. And even if they don't include eating out adn chicken fucking, the DVD oughta, right? The only real question left is whether the casting will be good. Still crossing my fingers for 2track as Cassidy.

Added Comic spoilers

Comic spoilers

Yeah I clocked the JC fucking a chicken & thought 'did I read a different preacher to you guys?'.

I doubt the merch'd be any good 'cause it's be based on the actors as opposed to the characters. Sory to sound like a bitch. mine.gif

Added Comic spoilers

Comic spoilers

And even if they don't include eating out adn chicken fucking, the DVD oughta, right?
C'mon, man, have you seen the stuff that makes it onto the air in Rome? Or Deadwood? If the plot calls for eating out and chicken fucking, HBO will include eating out and chicken fucking. It's just like Johnson said, if they're going to let him put meat woman on the air, they're going to let anything on the air.

Added Comic spoilers

Were those series aired out of chronological sequence, changed time slots 4 times, never had commercial run for them and pulled after the airing of episode 13?

Deadwood is getting two 2 hour telefilms to cap off the series.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Well no, but I'm just saying it isn't unprecedented for HBO to arbitrarily pull the plug on a series. Carnivale was actually doing pretty well (ratings dropped off at the end of season one, but by the end of two they had picked up again), had a loyal fanbase and plenty of critical acclaim when HBO cancelled it. And Deadwood? It was the second most-watched show on the network when HBO announced that it wouldn't be renewing it for its final season. And as for those two telefilms, the network has yet to even talk to the cast about contractfing them for those films, much less started any production on them. Whether they're actually going to happen is anyone's guess at this point.

And the number one reason for both shows being dumped? Cost. Now, can you imagine how expensive a Preacher television show is going to be?

I'm not saying there's a good chance HBO will screw Preacher. In fact, the very fact that they're interested in such a controversial project is a promising sign of what they're committed to doing. I'm just saying if and when this series gets put on the air each and every one of us needs to sign up for HBO, buy every dvd and tune in every single week because it's going to need all the support it can get.