Hondo's Bar

Preacher

Newtype

IMDB doesnt even have a listing yet, though they do have something on my ohter favorite-titled film, "The Fable of the Preacher Who Flew His Kite But Not Because He Wished to Do So."

all i could find was what newt'd posted, also over on wiki. i guess its too early to say.

They aren't mine really either, went through a phase in the late 90s

Thanks to KoS and Jont i've read

Preacher - Awesome

Transmetropolitan

Lone Wolf & Cub

100 Bullets

Watchmen

Wolverine Origin

Punisher

Really that is about all i've read in recent years, but its good...

Its not such a bad thing my man! Though the geeks that work in Forbidden Planet are all candidates for human sterilisation!

That was my first instinct.

In fact, when I saw the picture on page one that someone posted as a suggestion for Cassidy, the guy looked so much like Qualls that I was thinking it was an Arseface propoal before I read the text of the post.

I have to say though, overall, that as much fun as celebrity casting can be, this is most likely the kind of project that cals for unknowns.

And since budgeting is likely to be an issue, I expect that's the route the producers'll take for the pilot

Aw c'mon, anyone could play Arseface. Just put the face on them and have them talk funny and bam, it's Arseface.

Other casting calls, I'm not moving from Matthew McConaughey as Jesse. I like Maria Bello for Tulip

maria_bello_150.jpg

My first pick for Cass was also Paul Bettany, but he's probably a little too expensive right now for an HBO series. I'll have to think of a second pick.

Jody has got to be Woody Harrelson.

That said, if the people at HBO are casting this show, I've got plenty of faith in just letting them find the right people. This is the network that got Gandolfini for The Sopranos, Ian McShane for Deadwood and Ciaran Hinds on Rome. If anyone can cast a good Preacher series, HBO can. I've yet to see a single one of their series have a bad casting decision.

Hitman's art was misunderstood, it was genius in how cartoony it looked and John McCrea is an effing genius. Would anybody like to hear my rant about Tim Bradstreet now?

John McCrea's pencils are wonky at best. Sure we're both gonna get feverish about any creative aspect of our fave stories, abd yeah, Dillon's pencils are a little generic, but since I'm not even sold on Hitman story-wise yet I'll not hear it compared unfavourably to the Good Book.

And who wants to start the McConnahay('tever) for preacher campaign?

I like the Failure to Launch guy and all but he's too old for Jesse. McConaughey playing the 17 year old run away Jesse icon8.gif

I second Jax's motion. I should play Cassidy. I'm already planning on

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
. OBT hookers here I come!

Its not such a bad thing my man! Though the geeks that work in Forbidden Planet are all candidates for human sterilisation!

I've seen some fairly hot mots in there though. More so when it was on Dawson St. for some reason. Fucking Dawson St.....