Hondo's Bar

Hondo's @ Xbox Live

The NZA

• 6 months later...

Cool beans man.

Also, that free month thing is only for actually playing games online against other people. You can still get online and download things or whatever after it expires, and you should, because sometimes games are patched and fixed or there's free content available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I'm looking for advice on a xbox issue.

I went and bought the Kinect package and the system is awesome.

Problem is that the free game I was promised is a DL and it refuses to let me DL to Guyana.

Shit like this is why I have to concede that Marketing people really are evil and should go kill themselves.

Anyone know of a work around for this issue? Any way to use proxy servers to get around it for instance?

fuck, ive never tried bypassing region locking on a 360. with sony, you can simply provide an address from another country at registration, but they're region-free this gen so they don't seem to lock it down too much.

barring that, google 360 proxies. id tell you to send me the code (and your logon, mail your hard drive or i could send you a flash stick etc) but id have to look that up too, most downloads are said to lock themselves to your account & system as well, if i remember correctly.

ps whats your XBL handle?

Simply putting in an address from another country(I think postal code is the important bit) on an alternate gamertag can work with a lot. I have all kinds of weird japanese demos and shit.

There are certain things I can't get though. Like Sky TV in the UK. If it's a matter of not being able to access it in the shop, then a US gamertag may do the trick. If, as NZA said, it's region locked (which seems weird, most digital content on XBL isn't), it will probably require more drastic measures.

And yeah, gamertag. Mine's Thelogan Prime.

If it's US region(fair assumption) Just open a new hotmail account in the right region and link a new gamertag/profile to that. This early in the piece it will probably make your life easier to use that from now on so you can take advantage of amazon sales and such. Back in the dark year of our lord Caliban 2008 when Rock Band took 18 months to reach AU and I imported it, this was how I purchased DLC all the time. The only reason I didn't switch fulltime was because I already had most of my gamerscore tied to my AU account.

Gamertag is Jumbie40, but be warned, I have sucky internet so I can't actually play shit online.

I'll try some of the stuff you guys mentioned and see how it works out.

The reason I'm having trouble with this I think is because the game is a promotional download meant to be part of the Kinect package. My uncle bought it for me in Miami and then brought it over here to Guyana, so it was meant as a Miami-centric promo and not for Guyana. That's why I said Marketing people are evil.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...