Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

I was also hoping for some AC/DC....but i don't think that'd work well on the vocals.

but still, considering there are some songs with long intros w/out bass lines or the guitar, I think Journey wouldn't be out of the question, and 'Don't Stop Believing' would, quite possibly, be the best Rock Band song put out if done right (Jax and I where discussing this on New Years).

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that song, but it's not right for Rock Band. Wheel in the Sky, Anyway You Want It, and Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' are all better candidates.

AC/DC would be PERFECT for rock band, especially for vocals (Bon Scott or Brian Johnson era), but AC/DC (along with Zep) is one of the most notoriously protective bands when it comes to licensing their songs. Just to give you an example, they are the 5th best-selling band in the USA, and Back In Black is the 6th best selling album in the US, has recorded music for over 30 years and has never released a Best Of/Greatest Hits compilation. Harmonix would pay great sums to get AC/DC, Zeppelin or the Beatles. Those three bands are the only ones that they could certainly sell their songs for $2.99 each.

brining you the news before Jax:

Xbox.com let slip abnormally early the upcoming downloadable content for Harmonix's Rock Band, giving us a look at the rest of January's add-on tracks. First up are a trio of tracks from Oasis, "Don't Look Back in Anger," "Live Forever," and "Wonderwall." They'll be available the week of January 22nd to Rock Band owners, bringing familial strife and Manchester pop-rock to fans. Gotta start working on my Liam!

For the following week, Harmonix brings us the "Progressive Pack", featuring "Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins, "Working Man" as made famous by Rush, and "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)" as made famous by Coheed and Cambria.

The overworked web staff at Xbox.com has since pulled the listings (someone goofed), but those who demand screenshot proof can find it right here.

I honestly got Rock Band'd out recently, so these new songs oughta help fix that. Lookin forward to Oasis.

If that's true, it's great news. The Oasis pack looks tight (though all three songs are good, I wish Champagne Supernova could be a part of the pack). As for the other pack...man, I wanted Siva so bad, but I basically wrote off the possibility since it was off their obscure first album, but it is SOOOO perfect for this game. I also wanted Working Man (it was second on my Rush wishlist after The Spirit Of Radio) and didn't expect it to every make the cut, but this is likely to be the closest thing we'll get to Led Zeppelin without actually getting Led Zeppelin. Don't know any Coheed and Cambria othe than the song on RB, but it's got to be good, so I'm buying up both packs. I'm so happy, I'm not even going to get perplexed as to why the Pumpkins are in the Prog pack.

For those wanting Zep, tell me this isn't the next best thing:

the devs did an article, last month or so in EGM, on how theyre trying but it takes a lot of work & time to get Beatles and Zeppelin both. I think itll happen eventually.

glad everyone's happy with the announcement: i only brought it cause i care more for you than Jax.

also, anyone else think Thorogood's (sp?) cover of "One Burboun, One Scotch, One Beer" would be an easy, but fun-ass song?

I wanna see some Wolfmother on RB. Woman wasa shitty pick for GH2(nice icebreaker for the yanks though) but Joker & the Thief's been played to death probably there as well as here, but Pyramids is easily the best fucking rock song this decade.

• 2 weeks later...

@ to Official X-box magazine, the hits keep comin' in march:

March 4 - Thrash Pack

At The Gates: Blinded By Fear

Evile: Thrashes

The Haunted: Shadow World

March 11

Bad Company: Shooting Star (COVER)

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Simple Man

The Police: Message in a Bottle

March 18 - NIN Pack

Nine Inch Nails: March of the Pigs

Nine Inch Nails: The Collector

Nine Inch Nails: The Perfect Drug

March 25 - Metal Pack

Iron Maiden: Wrathchild (COVER)

Black Sabbath: Supernaut (COVER)

Metallica: Fuel

in for Message in a bottle, fuel, and anything by nine inch nails. its cool to already know the lyrics to these things.

Oz update-- SO my local Gametraders told me on the weekend that March was the official release but they were seeing if they could order me one earlier, called yesterday and they told me a rep had been in that day & not only made them pull down the March release posters, but told 'em it'd be closer to June. Now an idea just came to me so dastardly it's not quite occured to me yet. Given the size of the RB package(and I can appreciate what a pain in the arse it'd be to move buuuut) d'you think it could pass as ordinary luggage on a plane say, heading from Miami to Sydney? Paypalling you guys and even paying some freight'd prolly still work out cheaper than importing it if you're willing/able... I'm just fucking DYING without this game!!

Oh my sweet Jeebus I'm insane...as are a couple of my friends.

We just played through the Endless Setlist, took us 5 hours (with 2 cigarette/bathroom breaks). 58 motherfucking songs and we got 276 stars out of 290.

My only regret is that I wasn't signed in (different console, wasn't even going to risk messing my account up again by importing, etc...), and will have to do it again on my console, for the achievement and for the bookoos of sweet, sweet in-game cash.

My hands hurt...

Feeling better...no longer a carrier of the flu. Still coughing and my voice is still recovering, but I'm fine for the most part.

Of course, I felt like shit after the Endless Setlist, but I'd hate to meet the guy that doesn't after that.

Feeling better...no longer a carrier of the flu. Still coughing and my voice is still recovering, but I'm fine for the most part.

Of course, I felt like shit after the Endless Setlist, but I'd hate to meet the guy that doesn't after that.

Well sir, I didn't think it was even remotely possible, but you totally just topped your old coolness level. I mean, I thought you had been maxed out in my book, but turns out there is always room to grow!!! Rock on! <3

Hard...unfortunately. Nothing too crazy, but I was trying to keep two others alive half the time, needed all the overdrive I could get.

Any more questions?

shit. 6-7 hours, and we'd only hang on medium, for a whopping 10 points! i skimmed, did you have alternate members or just played through & burned out? that's crazy. ive got a replacement mic onna way (spiked the last one after our victory, natch) and then we're looking to make an all-day out of this, but seriously man, props for nailing it on hard, your drummer deserves a drink.

it's massi...oh, right, the game's. :2T:

its fucking huge though, seriously. i tossed the box for lack of space; jax kept it last i checked. you can use any x-box guitar, and the mic's no trouble, its the drums...even folded up, im not sure we could pull it off. I try to travel light, but even so, they break down into a few smaller legs and the top, the 4 drumpads, they dont really break apart so i dont know that it'd work.

S'cool. Thought I'd check. The latest on AU release is this: an EA rep was in both my local stores last week and one was apparently told March wasn't gonna happen and it was more likely to be June, and the other that March is still a viable release(though you'd think they'd be pushing it then) though the peripheral kit would sell separate to the game and would add up combined to about AU$480 which sounds like bullshit. It's in neither's best interest to lie, and I have preoder money for whoever can give it to me sooner, but in either even I'm giving serious thought to just biting the $500 bullet and importing it because from all accounts it's not gonna be region-protected.

Archived