Rock Band

Silent Bob

This week's DLC from here...

This week at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) we have-

"Roam" by the B-52's

"We Care A Lot" by Faith No More

"Calling Dr. Love" by Kiss

I kinda hate the B-52s and Kiss both, and listening to

, i think my wallet's gonna be safe this week.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

biggety-bam

police_rock_band.jpg

Harmonix has announced the week in Rock Band downloadables, bringing a trio of classic tracks to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 via each platform's service. The trio of tracks, which contain "Complete Control" by the Clash, "Truth Hits Everybody" by the Police and "Teenage Lobotomy" by the Ramones, can be snapped up individually for $1.99 each (or 160 Microsoft Points) or bought bundled for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points). Not a bad deal, considering they're all master tracks.

Oh my fucking lordy lord! Somebody at Harmonix must love Outlandos d'Amour as much as I do.

Police-album-outlandosdamour.jpg

First, Next to You, a non-single off Outlandos, is part of the core game, then they release a Police pack where 2 of the 3 songs (Roxanne and Can't Stand Losing You) are off Outlandos, now another Outlandos non-single? Truth Hits Everybody is a great song for Rock Band, and anyone thinking of getting the Clash and Ramones songs should definitely get the song pack to get Truth Hits Everybody. This makes the Police the most represented band in the game (even before considering the announcement that Message In a Bottle will be coming out in March) until one of the full albums comes out.

As for the other two songs, Complete Control and Teenage Lobotomy are punk classics. With the Ramones, I some how feel like I shouldn't have to pay the same $1.99 for a 2 minute 1 second song as I would for "...And Justice For All" which is 15 second short of a full 10 minutes. At least if they released Sheena Is A Punk Rocker it would be closer to 3 minutes. Complete Control is a Clash classic. There are three reasons the US version of their debut album is superior to the original UK version. First is I Fought The Law, which Harmonix already released, second is Complete Control, and the third is Clash City Rockers. I cannot complain about there being nothing off of London Calling as long as they keep release pre-LC tracks.

Behind Blues Eyes is off the album Who's Next, which they already announced as the first downloadable full album. And Working Man has already been released. The songs that are new (unannounced) are:

Stones:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Brown Sugar

The Who:

Pinball Wizard

Pumpkins:

Zero

Weezer:

El Scorcho

STP:

Sex Type Thing

Grateful Dead (already announced that an 18-pack would be released):

Casey Jones

Alabama Getaway

Sugar Magnolia

Truckin'

I Need A Miracle

Def Leppard:

Hysteria

?:

Received Your Letter

Rock 'n' Roll Star

Through the Monsoon

Beetlebum

Why Do You Love Me?

China Cat Sunflower

Franklin's Tower

Still Alive

D.O.A.

I'm pretty psyched about a few of these, like El Scorcho, the Stones, Pinball Wizard, Zero....

huh. didnt realize behind blue eyes was confirmed on that album, and i think i had "working man" confused with "street fighting man", odd.

StillB - sadly, already confirmed not to be the Portal song, as i understand it, but then again, that song'd be super-easy, heh.

i second the excitement over the Stones, Zero and STP.

oh, and for the locals - i gotta delay our Endless Setlist gig till next week. Sorry, caught a last-minute interview that bumped things back, but we'll get it knocked out soon.

StillB - sadly, already confirmed not to be the Portal song, as i understand it, but then again, that song'd be super-easy, heh.

Pics or it didn't happen :muggin:

Also...Hysteria - Possible MUSE song?

Anyone have an actual confirm on the Artists to Song?

its weird - if you check my original link back there, it just gives song titles by whatever method was used to get em, and im not even sure its 100%. worth looking into, though.

Eh, I've been F5'in the Kotaku page (you and your Kotaku...), just saw that it could infact be Greatful Dead.

Still the overall nerdgasm of Portal in Rock Band would just about kill me.

Yeah, they said there would be 18 Dead songs coming to DLC, so if there's a Dead song called Still Alive, especially if it's an old Dead song or a radio single, it's likely the Dead.

This list could be could be a confirmed or tentative one, but it includes all the ones scheduled for March according to that XBox magazine link Nick posted like two weeks ago.

We have two more weeks of unconfirmed release Tuesdays before that March list will take effect.

Upon further research, China Cat Sunflower and Franklin's Tower are also Dead songs. Rock N' Roll Star could be Oasis. Beetlebum is likely Blur (I'd prefer Song 2 myself). Why Do You Love Me is likely Garbage. DOA is likely the Foo Fighters. Through the Monsoon is likely Tokio Hotel. Hysteria is either Leppard of Muse. I'd like to this if Def Leppard was going to finally make a debut on a Red Octane or Harmonix game, it'd be with a better song than Hysteria. And it's possible Stay Alive is Jonathan Coulton. While it's likely Jonathan Coulton would want to get in on Rock Band (being a huge geek), he's got alot better songs (like Code Monkey, which is much more popular).

And it's possible Stay Alive is Jonathan Coulton. While it's likely Jonathan Coulton would want to get in on Rock Band (being a huge geek), he's got alot better songs (like Code Monkey, which is much more popular).

Yes but it's not much more popular right now. Also Re: Your Brains and Skullcrusher Mountain are more rock minded, though I wouldn't mind making my way through Gambler's Prayer or Tom Cruise Crazy.

Man, you know Tom Crazy Crazy isn't getting on DLC anymore than First of May, and The Mandlebrot Set isn't mainstream enough, though would be fun to sing. Thing is, Coulton got lots of acoustic ballad songs, but for Rock Band, you need songs with drum and bass, and Code Monkey is good for the whole band feel. Skullcrusher Mountain would be awesome to sing too, assuming they don't use too many monkeys.

Man, you know Tom Crazy Crazy isn't getting on DLC anymore than First of May, and The Mandlebrot Set isn't mainstream enough, though would be fun to sing. Thing is, Coulton got lots of acoustic ballad songs, but for Rock Band, you need songs with drum and bass, and Code Monkey is good for the whole band feel. Skullcrusher Mountain would be awesome to sing too, assuming they don't use too many monkeys.

I know it's not happening, but hey I can dream. I Feel Fantastic would be a good one too.

Yeah...I do wonder what the line is when Harmonix is determining if a song is too subversive. Is a comic song about prescription drug abuse acceptable? Probably not. Chiron Beta Prime would be an excellent Christmas download. Re: Your Brains doesn't do enough for the drummer, though it might be one of the funniest to sing.

After Trogdo and Timmay! im not sure theyre overly worried.

looks like that earlier call this week was right, next DLC:

El Scorcho - Weezer (160 MS points/ $2)

Why Do You Love Me - Garbage (160 MS Points / $2)

Sex Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots (160 MS points/ $2)

Archived