Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick, you're so eager to discover ghosts, well I think "La Lindsay + camera flash" is the closest we're getting.

This was most awesome indeed. I gotta go one of these days freshed rested. That couch is mighty comfy though.

Nick, I'll be practicing drums. If I can bring the game in the drum department and you can raise the bar singing, we will have enough fans to build a mansion out of their corpses.

:ohface:

I do log in it's just that I tend to miss you by a few minutes.

I do miss our talks.

Heh. I remember Alana being a complete cunt to you because she thought you were Doj. And everyone'll know when I get this, you'll hear me screaming with joy.

Bishop and I wailed on some quick play and figured out how to connect my drums to the head set. We played some Black Hole Sun, Green Grass and High Tides, Tom Sawyer and Don't Fear the Reaper. I'm getting better at drums. I'm getting over 90% regularly on most songs on Medium. Also, I downloaded some songs: My Sharona, Bang A Gong (Get It On), Fortunate Son, I Fought The Law, and the Police 3-pack. Getting Buddy Holly next week.

I love this game.

Heh. I remember Alana being a complete cunt to you because she thought you were Doj. And everyone'll know when I get this, you'll hear me screaming with joy.

I remember that night. She was acting cold and hurtful and she made me cry :ohface:

As we have said in the past, Harmonix and MTV Games believe in an open standard philosophy of hardware and game compatibility. We think that there should be interoperability between music instrument controllers across all music games. This is clearly in the best interest of consumers, game developers and console manufacturers and will only help to grow the music game genre as well as inspire innovation and creativity.

Two weeks ago, Harmonix created a software patch for the Sony PLAYSTATION 3 version of Rock Band that allowed for guitar compatibility and support for third party peripherals, including enabling use of Activision's Guitar Hero III controller with Rock Band. The compatibility patch was submitted, approved and had been scheduled for release by Sony on Tuesday, December 4. Unfortunately, Activision objected to the compatibility patch's release. The patch remains with Sony, but we have been told that it will unfortunately not be released due to Activision's continued objection.

As is the case with the Microsoft Xbox360, we believe that Sony PLAYSTATION 3 users should be able to use the peripheral of their choice with Rock Band. We sincerely hope that Activision will reverse its decision and allow release of the compatibility patch and further, that Activision will allow Guitar Hero III to support Rock Band guitar controllers as well. We welcome all third party developers who wish to support our controllers and will provide any required support in order for them to do so.

We believe that when consumers have choice, everyone wins. Harmonix and MTV Games hope that Activision and others will also adopt this philosophy.

Sincerely,

The Harmonix Team

Talk about being dicks.

it's fine for 360 though right? no patching issues?

Only on the PS3

The recent announcement by MTV Games/Viacom's Harmonix division that Activision is blocking Sony from releasing a patch and their plea to enable Rock Band software to work with Guitar Hero hardware paints a very misleading picture.

In fact, Harmonix and its parent company MTV Games/Viacom recently declined Activision's offer to reach an agreement that would allow the use of Guitar Hero guitar controllers with Rock Band. We have been and remain open to discussions with Harmonix and MTV Games/Viacom about the use of our technology in Rock Band. Unfortunately for Rock Band users, in this case Harmonix and MTV Games/Viacom are unwilling to discuss an agreement with Activision.

Activision's top priority is to provide consumers with a seamless marriage of best-in-class hardware and software. We are focusing our efforts on innovating hardware and software that are designed to work together, work flawlessly and provide an enjoyable gaming experience.

In other words Activision wants money.

From Harmonix:

Hey all,

Hope you are having some good time off or will be soon. Below is the press release for tomorrow's DLC. As mentioned before the DLC will come out on Xbox marketplace on Tuesday and on Playstation store next week (along with next week's regularly scheduled DLC) due to Sony's offices being closed this week for the holidays. At any rate enjoy the DLC and I'll be back later this week!

Happy holidays,

Sean

__________________________________________________ __________

Harmonix and MTV Games want you to ring in the holiday cheer with a

special Rock Band gift. For a limited time, fans and

gamers can purchase tracks from platinum-plus-selling rock act 30

Seconds To Mars, pop-punkers All-American Rejects and Swedish new-wavers

The Sounds at a special holiday price of $0.99 per song (80 Microsoft

Points per track for Xbox 360).

Starting tomorrow, there will be a total of five new songs available.

They are:

"Attack" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)

"The Kill" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)

"Dirty Little Secret" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)

"Move Along" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)

"Song With A Mission" - The Sounds (from 2006's Dying To Say This To

You)

These are great songs...if you're trying to lure pre-teen girls into your house and the promise of candy isn't as effective as you'd hoped. Still, great to have a variety in genres, and the price is great. Here's hoping for something more up my alley on New Year's Day (like, say, New Year's Day by U2 :xmas: ).

nice. i think i actually had a dream that i'd picked up Evil Empire as DLC and now im kinda sad its not there.

Bish is tearing up vocals on expert, i might have to pick up a new trade, as well as a 2nd guitar for bass - any idea on good deals on a GH3 one?

also, look for much Rock Band in the forthcoming hondo's new year's day hangover recovery party '08.

well, I just spent the day playing this at my g/f's house, and now I have to go out and buy my own copy.

This game is fun as hell.

I started the Guitar and managed to pretty much perfect myself on Medium, and now i'm moving on to Hard.

Man, they weren't kidding.

We'll see how day 2 goes.

Archived