Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First song we will play at a hondo's gathering: Epic by Faith No More. Shit that was fun.

Also, singing these songs reminds me that I don't know the words to alot of them. For example, I was caught off guard by the lyrics to Here It Goes Again: "Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me with my jaw on the floor." Fun fun fun.

When Cj and I were back in the DFW last weekend, Stilly let me attack his ears by letting me try out the drums and mic. The drums will take some getting used to, but were fun as shit. As for the mic.... I loooooove the shit out of singing and karaoke, so I think I eased into it nicely. Especially on songs I knew already, of course, haha. Not as well on songs I had no clue what the words were, lol. But I can't wait to get this and start a Rock Band with you guys!! <3

The GHIII controller works out of the box on RB. It's the RB controller than doesn't work with GHIII. Is there a patch for that? Because I'd be interested.

The game is huge. The box is big enough to fit a Nick sized adult (hacked up), and it's pretty heavy (I bought it in a mall and carried it to my car on my shoulders and I felt it.

post-152-1196857453_thumb.jpg

It's deeper than it is tall. Might point is, mailing it (or what you call posting it) would cost real money. I don't think you'd see any savings.

Just got my copy/huge fucking box set in today, so i'm down to break it in this weekend if anyone else is.

Fortunate Son and Police DLC are so bought.

Fuckin' A, man, I'm down for some Band Quickplay - Hondo's style. We needs moar rock band raep.

Well, the Hot Costner's were formed over at Nick's last night, with the original members being, me, Jax, Nick, and Newtype. We played from around 8 o'clock to around 5 in the morning, switching members with new arrivals all the time. Kicked ass, Don't fear the reaper is the greatest song ever on this game, with Dani California being a close second.

On single player I'm trying to beat it on hard guitar currently, fucking Suffergate City is my first brick wall, that one is a beast. Hopefully we'll have pics of last night soon.

Nick butchered Epic but sloppily. He lightly mumble the rap parts and I lost alot of respect for Nick that night. Nonetheless, fun was had by all and Peddles McCoy (or was it Peddles McGee?) saved the day many times. I'm buying a few other songs Nick didn't, like My Sharona, Bang a Gong and maybe a few others.

please. you can have your respect; faith no more's not my thing, and that occurred to me after the 10th "what is it? its it!" bit. if you think you got lyrical flow to hang after a 10 hour set, we'll go toe-to-toe on Dani California and find out, son.

i think if you buy that content, and a memory card or such device, it should be moveable, though i think we'd have to bring it (or vice-versa) every time we wanted to play, no? Anyway, it could work. That shit was indeed awesome, we got us a jet! thing is, we maxed out fans on medium and i just dont know how long we can hang on hard, but i guess we oughta find out...Panch, Jax, Bish, Newt and C U SPACE COWBOY tore that shit up, i think John should be a regular member too somehow, he owned guitars and drums both.

My only regret was not wearing my awesome guitar hero shirt. anyway, im gonna practice vocals, mebbe some drums; i can manage bass but cant nearly hang with you guys on guitar. Regardless, first of many such events i hope, and here's the requested pics:

Entroducing: The Hot Costners, a 5-6 man person band, with alternates, even

RockBand-HotCostners1.jpg

RockBand-HotCostners2.jpg

RockBand-HotCostners3.jpg

RockBand-HotCostners4.jpg

freshly awoken for his set, drummer jax:

RockBand-HotCostners-DrummerJax.jpg

Peddles McCoy:

RockBand-PeddlesMcGee.jpg

When not peddling/background singing, Kertins enjoyed booze as well.

RockBandKertins.jpg

and naturally, pancho wins everything.

RockBand-Pancho.jpg

We need to make a logo. Also, before we go commercial, we gotta talk to Von Boner about his edgy name, and possibly get pics of the Godammned Batman and our backup band too.

Bish and myself had to carry this band the whole way. We had to fire Nick and Jax a few times and bring in others to help finish the song.

P.S I've grown to hate weezer after last night. We had to play the same fucking song like 15 times.

oh, everybody's got complaints about the vocals when theyre not on the mic! i had to learn a bunch of those songs on the go, sir. perhaps we should've let you had a "celebration" of your own, eh? EH!?

im just thankful LL was so eager to sing Weezer. Yeah, i dont recall how that became our hit single either, but if we had to do that or Bloom one more freakin' time, i was gonna go solo.

oh, everybody's got complaints about the vocals when theyre not on the mic! i had to learn a bunch of those songs on the go, sir. perhaps we should've let you had a "celebration" of your own, eh? EH!?

im just thankful LL was so eager to sing Weezer. Yeah, i dont recall how that became our hit single either, but if we had to do that or Bloom one more freakin' time, i was gonna go solo.

Which is why I'm wasn't on vocals.

I swear I was going to break something if I has to play that song one more time.

Archived