Hondo's Bar

Rock Band

Silent Bob

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm curious for a guitar comparison here. The RB axe is a scale fender yeah? Is it more/less ackward to play with that the GH one? And what about actual gameplay? Everyone I know who's excited about rock band has played GH to death and so are all about drums(shit luck for them though since I'm the only one buying a copy so drums are mine). Does RB offer a better guitar experience than GH?

The Guitar experience is very similar, with some charting being more challenging. My brother told me he's tied with 3 other people on Xbox Live for the highest score for Sabatoge on Expert, but the same song on RB on expert he got 98% on. The "guitar neck" where the notes appear on the screen turns blue during solos and song bridges, and a percentage counts up during those times, allowing you to see how well you nailed the solos/bridges, which is nice. You have an effects pickup switch on the guitar which allows you to alter the sound of the guitar (none, wah-wah, flange, chorus, and echo). Also,t basically, if you don't like the feel of it, the GH controllers will work just fine.

so, I figured I've been playing for a few days now, and I have medium pretty much under my thumb, even those crazy ass songs of death.

Then I go ahead and download the Metallica Pack.

Dear Sweet Virgin Mother of Christ! Those are the most terribly difficult songs EVER.

DLC for today:

Limelight by Rush

Hard to Handle by The Black Crowes

Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bang, bang, bang, Harmonix nails it three times in a row. Already played the Skynyrd, the others are downloading now.

so, I figured I've been playing for a few days now, and I have medium pretty much under my thumb, even those crazy ass songs of death.Then I go ahead and download the Metallica Pack.Dear Sweet Virgin Mother of Christ! Those are the most terribly difficult songs EVER.

Are you playing Geetar, Drums or Singing?

under peer pressure, i picked up black crowes, clash & the metallica pack (already got skynyrd, natch), and i gotta say, solid picks but fuck is that metallica set unkind. they really didnt care much for 5 minute or less tracks, but man are the vocals a trip when you remember you're only pulling half of hatfield's duties.

oh, ordered replacement guitar, we'll see how long that takes...any ideas for a deal on a 2nd one? i really like the GH3 guitar but i dont see it sold separate, so i guess ill take a fair deal on a GH2 one if anyone sees it.

I wish we lived closer, nick. I have an extra guitar I would totes give you. I can check on shipping and stuffs and if it's reasonable, would you like it?? <3

PS I had fun playing with you guys the other night, even if we did have some communication probs, lol. I promise I'm not totally annoying...

Skeet - well, just a lotta banging on it at get-togethers, but nothing exceptional. ive read its a common problem, just got the coffin in today so im hoping to send it back this week.

MH - THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. seriously, ive been looking around for a deal on a 2nd guitar for bass, if youve got an extra from GH 2 or 3 or whatever'd work that's playable, yeah, id totally be in your debt. Just lemme know if you can actually manage & send it before i go and pick up another!

Nah fingers crossed RB beats you guys Down Under. It just means while you guys' enthusiasm'll just be starting to wane to the extent that you can appreciate it for the great music-sim it is, but it's not the be all and end all, I'll have only just cracked it open and will be like kathy griffin(does anyone even know who she is anymore?) on crack.Oh, and I also have the wrieless GH3 guitar, so yeah, that's why I was saying don't worry about bringing anything.

MH - THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. seriously, ive been looking around for a deal on a 2nd guitar for bass, if youve got an extra from GH 2 or 3 or whatever'd work that's playable, yeah, id totally be in your debt. Just lemme know if you can actually manage & send it before i go and pick up another!

It's a GHII guitar that uh. we "borrowed" from Blockbuster before we moved. I slapped some stickers on it that I'd been hording over the years, so hopefully that's ok? I"ll just have to find a box for it and make a much needed trip to the post office (I have xmas cards sitting here that have yet to be mailed..... eek.) It also had some problems in the chord area, but was fixed and is working great now. :pinch: I"m off thurs and fri, so I'll prolly get it out one of those days. If shipping turns out to be stupid outrageous, would it be ok if we went halfway together? I haven't mailed packages like... ever. so I'm dense as far as figuring out what prices are and such. please forgive <3

New DLC for tomorrow:

"Action" made famous by Sweet (cover)

"Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover)

"All the Small Things" by Blink 182

I've wondered since GH1 if they had the balls to do a Monkees song. While I can think of several other Monkees songs that I think would be better for Rock Band than Last Train to Clarksville (like Steppin' Stone, Valleri, Pleasant Valley Sunday), this will be great, and should be hard especially for guitar on Expert. The game is very short on songs for the 60's (the only one in the game is Gimme Shelter, and in DLC is Fortunate Son, both from the Fall of 1969), so this welcome of course. I hope alot of people download it and they decide on making more Monkees songs and more 60's songs (the Kinks were made for this game). I also hope their cover has a good vocalist impersonating Micky Dolenz's voice.

Glam is another genre that could use more songs. A little Mott the Hoople, some Queen, and Rebel Rebel by Bowie.

As for the Blink song, I think Damnit would have been the best song for Rock Band, but this All The Small Things is ok, I guess. It's certainly more popular.

They still need some Chuck Berry in this series.

I finally got m'self a 360 and Rock Band. Haven't hooked Xbox Live up yet, as I'm not usually one for online play. Still, I'm gonna end up doing it just so I can get all the extra songs. How much do they run for?

aw man, awesome! i can stalk you on another venue we can totally play online and chat and shit.

if im not mistaken, single songs are 160 MS points, microsoft's way of not having you feel like its $2 when it is. Packs of 3, like Police or Metallica, are often uh, i wanna say 600? Point is, its a bit cheaper than buying all of em indvidually if that's your thing.

PS which 360 did you go with? got a warranty, or did you throw caution to the wind, sir?

Archived