Hondo's Bar

Assassin's Creed

archangel

I had fun with it, in that way where you know you enjoy something without being able to pinput exactly why. It's an easy game, and I got platinum on it in just over two day's time, but again it's filling me with promises about what happens next. Still, the gameplay was smoother, and the italian scenery was spectacular.

Worth a rental, because I don't think it's allowed to last any longer than that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't finished the game yet, but it does seem easy so far. is it just me or does the main character always look like he's high? maybe sleepy... but yeah, i think the story is more interesting this time around. you aren't some super bad ass right off the bat and the graphics are very nice. he's almost a goofball in the beginning, joking around and smirking.

also, the little sword motion trail is sort of annoying (i know, it's really dumb to complain about this) but it isn't a nice curve, it's like connect the dots with that block effect that assassin's creed love to put in.

i think its more than just a rental game so far. i like the italian backdrop, historical tidbits, group that follows you addition, money throwing, and the beggars are gone (albiet replaced by a guitar man). there's another really cool thing i discovered - and that's when you fight barehanded and manage to counter an enemy's move, killing him. you take his weapon! I managed to get a big pickaxe. oh boy... so fun. so thumbs up so far, not to mention the awesome trailer.

Edited by spiffytee

• 4 weeks later...

Improved on the first one in pretty much every way. Massive cut down on the repetition factor, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The scenery is nice, but I think the unsung hero here is the sound production. The musical score and sound effects are great.

I dig the upgradable villa and multiple weapons/armor. Smoke bombs are fun for Batman style escapes.

This game gets in my head like I haven't dealt with in a while. Back in the day, after marathon GTA sessions, I would be walking to work and get crazy irrational thoughts like "I could just yank that dude off his motorcycle and take off". I never acted on any of these, but I noticed them fleetingly pop into my head and found it pretty amusing.

I was checking the mail the other day and noticed myself scoping out patios and balconies thinking "I could jump from there to there, grab that and totally make it to the roof". :D

This game gets in my head like I haven't dealt with in a while. Back in the day, after marathon GTA sessions, I would be walking to work and get crazy irrational thoughts like "I could just yank that dude off his motorcycle and take off". I never acted on any of these, but I noticed them fleetingly pop into my head and found it pretty amusing.

I was checking the mail the other day and noticed myself scoping out patios and balconies thinking "I could jump from there to there, grab that and totally make it to the roof". :D

After playing Fallout 3 all day once I got up to take a piss and when I walked into the bathroom I swear the words " (A) Use toilet" flashed across the screen, followed by "LEVEL UP" when I was done. It was only when I stepped out of the bathroom that I realized how fucked that is.

If your bathroom resembles anything out of Fallout, that might be slightly more fucked.

True that, I've noticed this more times then once. I'll quit playing and go make a sandwhich or something and the HUD will just be lurking there at the edges of my vision. Maybe I should go fight something to see if I can freeze time and see what the percentage is for me to hit certain parts of its body.

I've been playing 2 on and off for the last couple of weeks, and I love the tomb raider aspect of the game, but I'm stuck in a mission where i have to kill a guy on a horse using the eagle vision, or at least i think that's how i have to do because if i try any other way i get killed by his guards. bleh!!! i just want to explore tombs!

finished this one recently and what an ending! totally delivered in such a huge way. hopefully part 3 goes full throttle with it

I was gonna say something along those lines earlier today :cheers:

You and me man, like THIS.

There was a point

after having that epic fist fight WITH THE FUCKING POPE

where me and Desmond simultaneously said "What...the...FUCK". I wanted to fist bump a videogame character.

So apparently Assassin's Creed 2 is getting a sequel, did anyone hear that? And I don't mean Assassin's Creed 3 (which will take place I don't know when, they're going too fast and running out of cool timeframes. From what I understand The Saboteur has the WWII angle covered and if we ever catch up with what's his name in the future, it's just going to be Mirror's Edge with a plot.) apparently this will be a direct sequel to Assassin's Creed 2 where you play as the same character and there's also multiplayer.

First I've heard of it. Ezio is too cool to abandon and he has no place in Assassins Creed 3.

I dunno about the Mirror's Edge comparison, maybe on the surface from an outside observer. When you play MEdge, it isn't anything remotely like AC. It has...weight? It's hard to explain. In AC you feel almost superhuman, in MEdge you feel very mortal and heavy.

My only fear of AC taking on Desmond full time is how they're going to explain why everyone has stun batons and nightsticks instead of guns. Firearms and some sort of convoluted cover system would completely ruin the game, imho.

I suppose guys with Bows could be swapped for guys with Pistols and they could have some sort of genetic/fingerprint lock (some other game did this, the one with the dude that has that Krull weapon...I'm drawing a blank).

Hmm. I don't know what to think about that. I'm interested in what the multiplayer will be like. If anything it'll be a little snack before AC3.

Here's my personal theory on how AC3 is gonna play out with minimal spoilers. If the vault map is any indication, we're gonna be looking at Russia, Africa, Japan and some island in the pacific. Instead of hopping from city to city, I think we'll be hopping from Assassin to Assassin with Desmond as the main hub.

Time periods are up in the air, but a dev has stated emphatically that they aren't touching anything around WW2.

Speaking of spoilers: Axel, did you find "The Truth"? Adds a tad more revelation.

I got the first 12 parts and then just youtube'd it :pinch:

Speaking of spoilers: Axel, did you find "The Truth"? Adds a tad more revelation.

I got the first 12 parts and then just youtube'd it :pinch:

you just reminded of what i was supposed to google earlier. Haha gotta check that out

Edit: HOLY FUCK. thats pretty nuts! @.@

Edited by axel_napalm

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:719258" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href='http://www.gametrailers.com'>GameTrailers.com</a>, <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-remix-trailer/719258">Assassin's Creed: Revelations - GC 11: Remix Trailer</a>, <a href='http://pc.gametrailers.com/'>PC Games</a>, <a href='http://ps3.gametrailers.com/'>PlayStation 3</a>, <a href='http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/'>Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Assassin's Creed 5... that would be more accurate title. Assassin's Creed 11 would be even MORE accurate.

I am excited for this though. I need to finish Brotherhood... and wiki revelations. I'm ready to get the fuck outta Europe. I think it was Logan I was talking to that speculated that after part one it would head into Asia. I'm hoping for that in another series after Desmond's story is over (if his didn't already end in Revelations that is)