Hondo's Bar

The Simpsons Movie

Silent Bob

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the cinema with doj today to see it and transformers thinking the simpsons was The Big One. I mean it was good. It was very funny in parts with some little moments that pushed the boundaries of the PG cert like

seeing barts wiener, homer giving everybody the finger etc

but i felt there was a lot more they could have done (

perhaps used some of the minor characters a little more

) plus it was waaaaay too short.

Overall though it was well worth the €5

Hehe nice pic Boogie!

Just got done seeing the movie. VERY VERY FUNNY!!! I simply loved it! You ALL have to see it! One thing, if you do, stay till the very end, even once the credits finished rolling. There's several bonus scenes during the credits. Trust me DON'T MISS THEM! :ohface:

Hehe nice pic Boogie!

Just got done seeing the movie. VERY VERY FUNNY!!! I simply loved it! You ALL have to see it! One thing, if you do, stay till the very end, even once the credits finished rolling. There's several bonus scenes during the credits. Trust me DON'T MISS THEM! :ohface:

Gah! Really? Doj being an impatient fucker wanted to go even though i knew there'd be stuff in the credits.

And acal. It was funny but it wasnt very very funny. Actually the more i think of it the more disappointed with it i become. I'm almost afraid to say it but id only give the simpsons a 7/10 in retrospect.

Well Nanno really liked the film, and she hates the series?

Go figure

Anyway, i missed the scenes at the end, oh well.

Overall i thought it was quite good, it was great to see them on the big screen.

Though to be honest i found myself chortling through most of the film, i was very happy with it.

I don't care what others may say. I saw it today and totally LOVED EVERY MINUTE!. The best animation film ever. Let's be honest here for a second. You can't compare The Simpsons with nothing. They're are the pioners, the best, and no animation film can ever come nearly as close. It doesn't matter how good Pixar is. They're aiming to another target. Now the Simpsons can be as acid as they want, and still be good.

So yes, I think it was great. Despite that I don't like the ultimate seasons (AKA 11-12 forward).

looking forward to this one. where's the site for making a simpson character, and why isnt that a topic in town square like the south park one?

You have to go to the official web of the movie, Nick.

I really liked it. Funny and touching. It succeeded at looking like a movie, and not an episode of the show, the animation was great, the score was phenomenal (usually I can take or leave Hans Zimmer), it really left an impression on me. The credits left a bad taste in my mouth tho, I wish I had left sooner.

Gah! Really? Doj being an impatient fucker wanted to go even though i knew there'd be stuff in the credits.

I must confess, I am usually one to wanna exit the theater once the credits start to roll. I only knew about the after-credits scenes because I read about them online.

And acal. It was funny but it wasnt very very funny. Actually the more i think of it the more disappointed with it i become. I'm almost afraid to say it but id only give the simpsons a 7/10 in retrospect.

Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it like everyone else.

I do stand by my "very very funny" comment, and I can't wait till they do a sequel. Maybe something epic with Hank Scorpio perhaps?

No, way before that. The Maggie thing was annoying

especially since she's said her first word like 50 times by now.

And even worse was the Springfield anthem thing; it felt like a spur of the moment "wouldn't it be funny" idea they got when everyone was in the studio at the same time gone horribly wrong. And also, the lyrics to the song generally imply that it's taking place in the middle of the movie, but the movie is over; it feels like an out of place, extremely unfunny deleted scene tossed in as an afterthought.

I'm just glad the only stuff I thought was unfunny enough to bother me

(although the rock and hard place joke came close)

was during the credits.

• 4 months later...

Finally saw this one...Ben bought it when it came out and it's been sitting at home this whole time...

I liked it. I chuckled. Was it OMG Amazing!!! No, but it was good...I didn't play all of the credits, though. I guess I have to watch it again...

Spider pig, spider pig! Does whatever a spider pig does!

Archived