Hondo's Bar

Hondo's World Map

Boogie

So I was thinking, is it possible to someone more experienced (and with photoshop) to make a Hondo's World Map? The idea is to grab a World map and put the names of the hondonians in their respective country, and a little review of the city where they live... How does it sound?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was thinking, is it possible to someone more experienced (and with photoshop) to make a Hondo's World Map? The idea is to grab a World map and put the names of the hondonians in their respective country, and a little review of the city where they live... How does it sound?

You.are.here.7.04.jpg

Well I know 4 places to add to the map:

Miami, Florida, USA - A bunch of people such as Nick, Arc, Aarty, Jax, myself, and many others.

Navan, Ireland - SoF & Nanno

Turku, Finland - Boogie

San Antonio, TX - DA8

coulda sworn we had a topic on this somehwere...

i had a few failed experiments with this, there's a plugin somehwere to use a gogole-map like function, i just want one that's not crazy complicated and lets each user show where they are. Still a cool idea.

I really don't even see the need for an entire world map. Seems like only 4 countries would be necessary: USA, Ireland, Finland, Australia, and UK (I think).

man if i was scottish or welsh that whole "uk stands for all three *sigh* four (including the north)of us" thing would really piss me off, 'cos really when you hear uk you think england

that reminds of an episode of ali g (his english series) where he goes to north and hes' talkin' to a unionist and says

ali: so you is irish?

guy:no, no i'm british

ali: ooh, so you is 'ere on a 'oliday

classic ali g

• 2 weeks later...

Or little lines indicating where certain members travelled for meetups be they coincidental with other travels (Lauren aka Def coming over here last year) or intentional (Jont and KoS Go America). Those are just examples. I cant think of any other international meetups anyway.

Man, this is an idea Nick and I had bangin around for a while now.

We WOULD need the whole world, cause you never know who's gonna join our lttle community next? We wanna have all our bases covered.

Is there anyway somebody could make this happen, cause this was a really good idea.

again, we could do an arbitrary image at any time, the challenge is a system where users can log in and stick a pin wherever they like, and only veiw all others.

its one of the ideas id put on the back burner to ge the wiki up and work on other things, but im running low on those otehr things at the moment, fortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived