Hondo's Bar

Problems with Hondos

archangel

• 3 months later...

All the tools you need to post images are in the fast reply/full editor box when you're posting. You just need the link for the image.

As for videos, 2 youtube vids auto-embed if you copy and paste the link itself. For more than that, you go to full editor and enable HTML and post in the HTML embed code from youtube.

The signature editing is found in your control panel.

I must be doing something wrong because I will try to post something and Ill do a preview post and it'll just pop up with links i put instead of the videos themselves. I even went so far as to quote some people who had posted vids and stuff to see what their code looks like and it never matches the code I get from youtube etc. I just need to try it more and work out the kinks for myself...just me bitching at myself more than anything.

As for the videos, click on the "Click to configure post options" part under Options, which in turn is just below the field where you type what you want to post. There'll be HTML choices. Move from HTML off one of two HTML On choices (not sure what difference it makes which of the two you choose).

Posting an image

a-2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting a video

b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nicely done, ASC.

I still post vids old school, I copy the embed code and then change HTML from "OFF" to "AUTO", only shows up in full editor, not fast reply.

Ditto. The auto embed feature doesn't always work. I'm not sure if it's just in particular forums or if it's particular vid links or a combination. So I just "old skool' it when doing vid embed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, as shane noted prior - tested this myself too - we don't currently have a mobile skin, hence why there's shoutbox access, i imagine. i'm uncertain if that's how this version of the board came or if it was one improperly named that i deleted for space during the upgrade (since we had so many old/broken skins and needed room).

this problem, as well as the one where certain threads are forwarding to youtube or the front page (apparently due to how the board currently parses text + HTML) are known issues i'm talking back & forth with invision about, just to give you guys an update. but yeah, by all means, please let me know as you find more of em.

what specifically about the mobile skin was no good, just the shoutbox missing or wha? i can always look & see if a new version includes this stuff, but (ill have to check our options again) i wanna say it usually auto-detects a device and displays based on that. lemme look into it and see if that can be bypassed by the user.