Hondo's Bar

Mike's Mixed Martial Arts Madness Thread!

Da Cap'n

Honestly, there's no communication at all. Not even my mom. The show has only allowed the guys to tweet and even then its nothing specific. Mike is a tough bastard and he's resilient as hell. I'm sure he's making major progress on the healing front. We'll find out tonight. I get the feeling he'll get picked this week, too.

Edit: God I hope he fights that Irish kid that talked shit last episode. Mike'll crush that guy. Make all of Ireland hate him :)

Edited by Panch

Honestly, there's no communication at all. Not even my mom. The show has only allowed the guys to tweet and even then its nothing specific. Mike is a tough bastard and he's resilient as hell. I'm sure he's making major progress on the healing front. We'll find out tonight. I get the feeling he'll get picked this week, too.

Edit: God I hope he fights that Irish kid that talked shit last episode. Mike'll crush that guy. Make all of Ireland hate him :)

I'm not big on violence, but I hope he makes him bleed like a stuck pig.

I knew about Mike being hurt because of a preview video and article on the UFC websites last Thursday morning. Usually I post everything I see on here, but I didn't post that stuff. I guess I didn't want to have a pity party for him before I knew exactly what happened.

Yeah, for some reason that Irish kid got under my skin. Wanting to take on Mike "to avenge his other Irish buddy that lost week one". Whatever dude, you want to prey on the hurt guy. Man, I wish they would of still picked Mike to fight him this week. He would of STILL kicked his ass.

I hope some of u were able to watch the show tonight. The fight royally sucked. But at least Mike has another 2 weeks of hardcore training and recovery from his injury. We are all on edge and biting our nails. It's so exciting.

According to my cousin, who is a total MMA nut, he said the thing to remember is that this is more of a reality show than a tournament, and the producers have a lot of control. Even if picking Mikey when he's injured would be a good strategy in a tournament, if the producers like a fighter, think his personality and charisma are good for TV, they will make sure the coach will not pick him while he is injured. It's not good for TV. He told me "now that it's certain they know Mike is injured, if they don't pick him, it means the producers like him, which is good, because you don't have to win to get signed."

Jax is right. Tons of fighters in the past have been signed and not won the show. Guys that aren't even that good, just marketable. Luckily, Mike's both :)

Still, the goal is to win.

The point is, if the other team is not picking Mikey to fight, it's becaus the producers don't want him eliminated early, because they think he's likable.