Hondo's Bar

Mike's Mixed Martial Arts Madness Thread!

Da Cap'n

Ok, everyone..... Heads up/reminder!!

Don't forget to watch Mike this Friday night on FX! Even though he's not fighting this week, cheer on his team...Team Cruz.

Panch and I have long discussions about the other fighters and they're capabilities to go up against Mike. But, we'd like to hear everyone else's opinions too.

Thanks guys!

i'ma have to catch up on it, but i did tell panch id try to switch/come in late the night he fights!

finally watched that video with panch & space last night - really cool, he was dead-on about the production being higher quality that i expect from local band stuff. definitely needs to make his forthcoming wiki page & im gonna add it to the hondo's youtube page as well.

It's all really exciting. It's cool to see someone I've known my whole life living their dream. I'm glad I get to witness it.

NZA, you definitely have to get that night off. It will be a memorable fight indeed.

The music video was good in quality but lacked in conclusion of the story they started telling. I would liked to have seen Mike's little acting gig played out.

I'm glad that those wimps on the blue team didn't pick him because they knew he wasn't at 100% -- that would've been such a cop out.

Has anyone noticed how the two Mikes look alike? I mean, seriously, if it weren't for the fact that Mikey is on the red team and the other dude is on the blue -- I'd have to take a good look to not mistake them. Well, until they opened their mouths to speak...

Yeah, honestly, I'm not a fan of MMA either. I mean, I watch it and understand it because of my high school wrestling background, but I'm not a fan. I am, however, and fan of my brother. I have tons of siblings, but he's my ONLY blood sibling. Him and I might of been born a year apart, but we were like twins growing up.

The episodes usually focus on the fighters fighting that week. Their preparation and what not, but sometimes others will take the spotlight. For example, the hobo Mike when his dad died or last week with our Mike's injury. You'll see em in the background or confessionals otherwise. When I watch the show with my friends we take a shot whenever Mike is on screen :)

It's going to have to be sometime during the week, though. We're booked for that Friday and Saturday. I'll probably start a thread closer to the date so we can possibly find a place/time to hang out. I also want to see Star & Megz and well, all my Miami Hondonians, really