Hondo's Bar

"Wait, how have you NOT seen this movie!?"

Classic/well known flicks on Hondo's  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ASC, what I was saying is you can't be all on a pedistal when when someone says they haven't seen Taxi Driver, when you yourself haven't seen the most popular film trilogy of all time (fuck LOTR).

ahh, ok.

well taxi driver is considered one of the best movies ever by most film critics, it's lead actor's usually in the top three of all time

same as the director.

star wars is a kids movie, full of overacting and annoying mascots.

i saw the first one, did'nt like it and therefore did'nt watch the sequels

I started to once, but was bored by it. Having already heard everybody spoil the twist, I wasn't interested enough in what was going on to continue. Seriously, I was bored with what I saw, so I stopped watching it.

i knew the twist before i saw fight club and i still loved/love it

Gotta agree with Maldron on Fight Club. I liked it well enough, the first half moreso than the second. It was a good movie, not great but good. But at this point I automatically consider any fan who excessively quotes Fight Club to be a complete tool until I'm proven wrong.

And I've yet to be proven wrong.

well taxi driver is considered one of the best movies ever by most film critics, it's lead actor's usually in the top three of all time

same as the director.

Yeah, but it's still not a movie that most people are interested in seeing. Not many people ever get in the mood to run out and rent Taxi Driver, unless they're in film school.

He makes a point, for anybody who doesn't jerk off to Martin Scorsese films or go to film school (which from what I've seen from most film classes is synonymous) it's not exactly a movie for a wide audience. Like how many people go "Gee honey, let's watch a movie tonight. Raging Bull sounds nice."

Addition: Of note, I found Raging Bull at Wal-Mart for $5 I'm gonna have to snatch that shit.

Ok I'm going to say this and I know I'm going to receive my far share of abuse. I haven't seen Star Wars. (watched only part of the one with the giant red thing that talked like a retard.. JaJa or whatever its name is.. annoyed me too much so I didn't bother with the others... I'm going to make an effort to sit down and watch them though. However I've been saying that for a couple of years now.)

Haven't seen Firefly, Indiana Jones, Taxi Driver, The professional, Boondock Saints, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, The crow, The god father or Evil Dead.. needless to say, I haven't really seen many of the movies on your list. This is made all the worse by admitting that my father once owned a video store and I had access to as many movies as I wanted.

I am bowing my head in shame now.

Ok I'm going to say this and I know I'm going to receive my far share of abuse. I haven't seen Star Wars. (watched only part of the one with the giant red thing that talked like a retard.. JaJa or whatever its name is.. annoyed me too much so I didn't bother with the others... I'm going to make an effort to sit down and watch them though. However I've been saying that for a couple of years now.)

Haven't seen Firefly, Indiana Jones, Taxi Driver, The professional, Boondock Saints, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, The crow, The god father or Evil Dead.. needless to say, I haven't really seen many of the movies on your list. This is made all the worse by admitting that my father once owned a video store and I had access to as many movies as I wanted.

You should have gone out of your way to be more ignorant... Its bliss, or so i hear...

My god. :sad:

To compare Star Wars: A New Hope (episode IV), The Empire Strikes Back (episode V), and/or Return of The Jedi (episode VI) to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace does a huge disservice to those original movies.

The others you mentioned are good for the most part (and I'm sure there are those that'll say I don't go far enough in that statement), though I have to admit that I haven't seen Taxi Driver or any of the Godfather movies.

My god. :sad:

To compare Star Wars: A New Hope (episode IV), The Empire Strikes Back (episode V), and/or Return of The Jedi (episode VI) to Star Wars: The Phantom Menace does a huge disservice to those original movies.

The others you mentioned are good for the most part (and I'm sure there are those that'll say I don't go far enough in that statement), though I have to admit that I haven't seen Taxi Driver or any of the Godfather movies.

it's funny i've seen episode iv and episode ii and i thought two was a lot better, (maybe it's cos i saw it in the cimema)

taxi driver, the godfather parts 1&2 all greats. part 3 is a let down, but not as bad as it's made out to be, a 3 star movie

I have seen all those movie, there are some classics I've never seen though, like Apocalypse Now, the Shawshank Redemption (I'm gonna get hell for that one), LA Confidential, and Requiem for a Dream.

Saw Apocalypse Now in ENC1102--but don't remember most of it, can't sit through the entire movie of Shawshank, haven't seen LA Confidential or Requiem.

im surprised most by DoJ's lack of Pulp Fiction and aarty's American Beauty, thus far. i think you guys'd dig em.

Eh, it's on the "to-do"...ya think I should really make the effort?

I'm most surprised by Aarty's lack of Fight Clubv, seeing as she's read most of Palanuicunuchuckick's books.

One book. One. I've considered reading more of him because I like the way he writes...but I've only read Lullaby...(something that would be more surprising is my lack of Stephen King movies since he's my favorite author and I've read tons of his books)

As for other movie's...haven't seen (and never will see) Evil Dead. Also haven't seen: The Usual Suspects & Reservoir Dogs

i don't think taxi driver should be in there...i mean it's great and all but it's not like you haven't lived if you've never seen it. it's pretty depressing...much like requiem and happiness. i don't really expect one-shot movies like those to be on this list.

that being said, seriously, you guys need to stop posting on hondos and go watch some shit. for the love of god!

also, i think i'm most surprised that so many people haven't seen the professional.

i don't think taxi driver should be in there...i mean it's great and all but it's not like you haven't lived if you've never seen it.

well what CAN you say that about? i can't think of a single work of art, piece of literature, movie that if you have'nt seen/read it then you have'nt lived, except maybe if you were religious then you could say the bible.

Archived