Hondo's Bar

"Wait, how have you NOT seen this movie!?"

Classic/well known flicks on Hondo's  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, on the Oz trip, Skeet & I found that in a room of about 5 guys, 2 (including archangel) had not seen Fight Club, which we found kinda shocking. No, its not the most mainstream movie per se, but here on Hondo's, its one of those i kinda presume we've all seen.

Additionally, Jax has been pushing a Star Wars fest after discovering neither Sen or LL have seen a single one. In that vein, i figured out that i'm not certain i ever finished Watching Jaws, likely a punishable offense if you asked Silent Bob.

So yeah, we got room to add a few more if need be, but i thought itd be interesting to put up some very mainstream names, and some more obscure but very talked about/loved here on the board, and see who hasnt actually seen what.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Additionally, Jax has been pushing a Star Wars fest after discovering neither Sen or LL have seen a single one.

I'd suggest finding one of the older copies of each of those, if possible. Sure, the video quality may not be as good, but the overall movie quality will be better.

Indeed. I'm also of the

non-young version of Anakin at the end of Return of the Jedi

camp. And the

non-Jar Jar saying "Wesa free" at the end of Return of the Jedi

camp. And

Jabba the Hut doesn't appear until The Empire Strikes back

, dammit!

I could give two shits about Fight Club. Mostly because it was the kind of movie praised as the best thing ever by two pedophiles, a jackass, and three complete tards in High School.

The fact that there are zero Evil Dead movies up there piss me off, Nick.

i have'nt seen firefly, serenity, the professional, boondock saints, i've also only seen the first star wars (and that was about 15 years ago) and i have'nt seen jersey girl.

i can't believe so any people have'nt seen taxi driver, c'mon.

How can a man that's only seen one star wars movie, once, be all up on a pedestal over Taxi Driver?

I have seen all those movie, there are some classics I've never seen though, like Apocalypse Now, the Shawshank Redemption (I'm gonna get hell for that one), LA Confidential, and Requiem for a Dream.

I could give two shits about Fight Club. Mostly because it was the kind of movie praised as the best thing ever by two pedophiles, a jackass, and three complete tards in High School.

The fact that there are zero Evil Dead movies up there piss me off, Nick.

oh christ, youre the guy who bases quality off a piece's fanbase. and yeah, i might have to add evil dead.

im surprised most by DoJ's lack of Pulp Fiction and aarty's American Beauty, thus far. i think you guys'd dig em.

jax, we got like 3 of those 4 here, seriously, just speak up man. all fine films.

ps i know you cant go back and vote for Evil Dead or Godfather; just voice your votes & ill add em.

oh christ, youre the guy who bases quality off a piece's fanbase.

Not always. I like Star Wars well enough.

OH SNAP.

Seriously though, every single tool I've ever met has done nothing but rave about that movie. Why should choosing to miss that one fucking movie to avoid collective stupidity take away from my status as one of the most awesome people ever?

How can a man that's only seen one star wars movie, once, be all up on a pedestal over Taxi Driver?

i'm sorry, i'm not sure i understand the question.

you're wondering how i can rate taxi driver as the best film ever considering i've only seen one star wars (original trilogy) movie? i don't understand how me not watching the 2nd and 3rd parts of that trilogy prevent me from havin a favourite film?

I have seen all those movie, there are some classics I've never seen though, like Apocalypse Now, the Shawshank Redemption (I'm gonna get hell for that one), LA Confidential, and Requiem for a Dream.

i have'nt seen requiem for a dream, but the rest are classics.

Seriously though, every single tool I've ever met has done nothing but rave about that movie. Why should choosing to miss that one fucking movie to avoid collective stupidity take away from my status as one of the most awesome people ever?

you should'nt judge a work of art by it's fans,

most of the people i've ever met that like metallica, megadeth, nirvana, family guy were fucking retards

but i love all of the above.(well i like nirvana, love the rest)

but if you are going to judge a piece by it's fans then almost everybody on hondo's loves fight club

baytor, e.t. is'nt bad for when you're a kid

because ive sat on films like Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, Road to Perdition and others after feeling too much hype, and everytime ive done that, ive regretted it.

im surprised most by DoJ's lack of Pulp Fiction and aarty's American Beauty, thus far. i think you guys'd dig em.

I'm most surprised by Aarty's lack of Fight Clubv, seeing as she's read most of Palanuicunuchuckick's books.

ASC, what I was saying is you can't be all on a pedistal when when someone says they haven't seen Taxi Driver, when you yourself haven't seen the most popular film trilogy of all time (fuck LOTR).

I didn't watch Caddyshack or Animal House for a long time, and when I finally did, I was really let down. I didn't see T2 until like 2002 or so. I'd seen T1 about a dozen times before then though.

Maldron, really, check out Fight Club. Alot of frat/jack types love Fight Club because they themselves want to start a fight club. On IMDb's listing of 250 top films of all time according to user ratings, Fight Club is #23, adn that list has some pretty solid picks. It will not lower your IQ, I promise. It's definitely worth giving a chance.

Maldron, really, check out Fight Club.

I started to once, but was bored by it. Having already heard everybody spoil the twist, I wasn't interested enough in what was going on to continue. Seriously, I was bored with what I saw, so I stopped watching it.

Archived