Hondo's Bar

Dexter

so yeah, all caught up and really enjoying this one. season 2 seemed to fall off, likely cause 1 was pretty tight and basically played out like a long movie.

this season's been really interesting, though...

i like that they gotta try something different each time - season 2, he's being hunted. season 3, he's got a friend/family, and has to grow accordingly. even if you just know theyre setting him up to get burned here with this miguel guy, its great to watch.

also, at least his sister's less dumb now. funny how it took this long for the show to address euthanasia, though.

• 2 weeks later...

aw man, so last week's episode totally brought my last post to fruition,

shit's gone sour between the friends after fucking Miguel crossed the line with the public defender & tried to hide it, really cant wait to see what Dex has in mind to show him what hardcore really looks like. Dude is so not surviving the finale.

anybody else watching this? pretty sure LL is, i gotta ask about her thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. G, you won't be disappointed! It's one of those shows where I watched the entire first season on DVD in 2 days. The plot, pacing, and characterization in S1 is outstanding. S2 is good, but not as good as S1, and like The NZA mentioned, S3 is better than S2.

And I did finally see the S3 finale and it was outstanding. I loved the twist where

Dexter ended up on the opposite side of the "table experience" and the other twist where Ramon ended up being the one who was covering for Miguel.

I'm wondering given the events where S3 left off if they won't do a time jump into S4.

• 2 weeks later...

just finished the 11th episode of season 1 and i must say they pay attention to miami-dade's radio codes amidst all their other dramatical inaccuracies.

nice little touch

oh wait, it's called miami-metro. we used to be called metro dade before miami dade for those who weren't around

so quotable!

i can't get enough.

"oh, by the way... you owe me a new michelin, motherfucker"

nice how he kills two birds with one stone... the stone of being an addict and the birds of sgt and rudy being suspicious.

"she's just a gross, english titty vampire"

ha!

michael c hall's character has much more range in dexter... but then again, there's so much more competition in six feet under... their ensemble cast was brilliant..

who thinks deb is cute? she looks a lot like morgan webb doesn't she? hm, but morgan webb is hotter methinks.

dexter_blog_debra.gif

so quotable!

i can't get enough.

"oh, by the way... you owe me a new michelin, motherfucker"

nice how he kills two birds with one stone... the stone of being an addict and the birds of sgt and rudy being suspicious.

"she's just a gross, english titty vampire"

ha!

michael c hall's character has much more range in dexter... but then again, there's so much more competition in six feet under... their ensemble cast was brilliant..

who thinks deb is cute? she looks a lot like morgan webb doesn't she? hm, but morgan webb is hotter methinks.

dexter_blog_debra.gif

I agree: I luvs me some Deb. The best was when she'd make fun of Layla, "Pardon my tits." Did you see the final ep. of S2 yet? Killer ending.

eh, again, s2 at times felt to me like they didnt know what to do with certain plotlines. season 3 was much tighter overall, i thought.

i really like how theyve shown Dexter developing across the seasons as well. you dont see that often enough in shows.

My mom actually got me into this show. I actually ordered Showtime just so I could start to watch it. I've watched all seasons and can't get enough. I still always wonder what or where they could go the next season. I haven't been disappointed yet!

Also some good shows: Weeds, Californication and True Blood

[who thinks deb is cute? she looks a lot like morgan webb doesn't she? hm, but morgan webb is hotter methinks.

dexter_blog_debra.gif

I hate her facial expressions when she talks or when she is just there.

I do like her character and I like her as an actress. Just as Emily Rose... She fit that perfectly!

i'm on the 9th ep of season 3. his buddy better not turn out to be the skinner! like the first two seasons, deb finds a love interest... so sad to see his records clerk friend go... nice little touch that she knows the "secret..." even better that dexter finds closure when she agrees with his decision to kill his brother.

i like season 2 better because we see more sides of dexter. he actually has a true advesary which tries to harm him instead of play and "do one better" with him like his brother did. the cat and mouse game was nice, but i like characterization better.

it was great that the story led him to cover up his habits by saying he had an addiction. then it played off of his "addiction" to be his need to kill. another episode he became free, killing because he "need to instead of having to." so he truly had a lot of hurdles in season 2.

titty vampire was a good character too, adding to the foundation of the story. her psychoness did surprise me, but then again, looking at dexter's dark side, her psychoness is put into perspective. it's like hers is done out of selfishness while dexter feels that he is doing the community a service. speaking of service... i like how dexter analyzes his worth versus dokes worth. he says he does everything on his own time saving the taxpayer money, they both kill those who break the law etc. but what separated them was their relationships with individuals.... it's hard to believe dexter sleeps!

and... sgt dokes and dexter had a good talk. about family, giving up, morals and you really got to see how they tick. dexter even works with dokes to save his life. "this is awkward" so, i like that.

others have argued a writer cop out at the end to wrap things up and writing everywhere. well, i disagree. season 2 was a well done season, better than 1. I enjoyed seeing him squirm through his problems (and somehow get out of them without breaking his code) rather than saying "yes, i wanna play"

you have to wonder though... season 2 he was willing to set up others to survive. i hope the writers will not end the show with him slowly bending his code, so much to the point where the character will have to be "put down"

here's morgan webb!

morgan_webb_hq_0025.jpg