Hondo's Bar

6th Annual Hondie's

Aartemys

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright, guys. this is getting stupid.

i put 2 of you in charge to make sure this very incident didnt happen. the idea was to get them done at the very beginning of this year so we'd have a full year to work with & people knew when to expect them. after panch dropped the ball with them, i get several volunteers and nothing to show for it over a week later.

these start by friday, or i haphazardly toss them up monday the 15th and close them the 22nd in the interest of doing so while ASC is in town, and then we dont have awards anymore until someone comes up with a timetable, list of noms etc and shows genuine interest. its not that they need to be taken mad seriously, but if they're gonna be half-assed and leave people hanging, we can do without for another year.

Damnit, NZA. Jax is one room over. Go smack the hooker's penis outta his mouth and tell him to get on w/ the program already. Also, I'd make a joke about getting what you paid for when you put a Cuban & an Irishman in charge of something, but that'd probably be interpreted as racist or something.

today was particularly shit, but every day ive made a point to interrupt whatever rant he's on that invariably leads to him checking wikipedia over absolutely nothing and remind him that the awards are dragging ass ("Im just about to start phase 1!"), but it's clearly going nowhere with my work schedule and all. All ive got left is this new deadline and the Wall of Shame, which needs some new additions already.

alright, guys. this is getting stupid.

i put 2 of you in charge to make sure this very incident didnt happen. the idea was to get them done at the very beginning of this year so we'd have a full year to work with & people knew when to expect them. after panch dropped the ball with them, i get several volunteers and nothing to show for it over a week later.

these start by friday, or i haphazardly toss them up monday the 15th and close them the 22nd in the interest of doing so while ASC is in town, and then we dont have awards anymore until someone comes up with a timetable, list of noms etc and shows genuine interest. its not that they need to be taken mad seriously, but if they're gonna be half-assed and leave people hanging, we can do without for another year.

On a serious side note... I think you should just go at it as is and not wait 6 days. No more point in waiting, the hype's going to wear out and no one's going to care anymore.

...not that you'd know it from our conveniently enigmatic-at-the-moment members, but El Jax finished the 1st wave of the awards last night and tells me he sent them to DoJ to create the threads from, which im assured if DoJ fails at this by monday he himself will then handle.

the idea is to post them up for about 3 days with the full list of nominees, but no voting/polls open yet in a last-minute effort to make sure any names that're left off have a chance to be spoken for/potentially added. following this, the polls open for a mere week, before we close them, hopefully before ASC leaves so we can do something involving him and the awards cemeremony? this idea's not totally fleshed out yet, but what is is that these already-late awards will be done by the middle of the month.

and again, names shall join the wall of shame and the hosting process will have a more stringent application next year

This kinda feels like when you really want to watch something but your brother wants to change the channel and you get in a big fight with older siblings and parents involved, you finally get what you want but you don't feel like watching it anymore. But hopefully that'll change once it gets started.

Well put, sir. Well put. And in this scenario I suppose NZA would be the single mom who's on the phone in the kitchen while said fight is going on and halfheartedly tells the siblings to stop fighting "or else" in a vain attempt to maintain some semblance of authority.

god i want to just cancel these things and say "its april fool's 2010, hondos, suck it down!" thatd fix your little red wagons but good.

in related news, if any of you've fancied running your own community/forum one day, you should just try this as your new hobby instead, its more direct.

v4m23c.jpg

Until you've hosted your own awards, STFU and let the men work. I can only imagine having to confer with someone else, while at least being able to share the shit you cunts heap upon them, still makes it a shite's sight harder to coordinate.

Proceed, gents :cheers:

2qxz2o7.jpg

......AAAAAAAAAAAAND THEY'RE OFF!

much love to Jax for gettin' the fucking job done when others disappointed. Timer's on all of em to show when theyre done (about a week or so), most of you know where to look, but for those that dont: they're pinned up in every main (non-sub) forum except the 'shack. go nuts - we'd wanted to have time to campain, but frankly, they're mad late as it is, and we've got plans for young ASC and announcing the winnars :cheers:

ps let em know, jay. "hosting the awards is like giving birth through your asshole, in front of a crowd of critics" i believe a wise man once said.

Archived