Hondo's Bar

Movie News

My Name Is Bruce - B Movie Legend Bruce Campbell is mistaken for his character Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy and forced to fight a real monster in a small town in Oregon.

Written by Mark Verheiden (Smallville, Battlestar Galactica) and directed by Bruce Campbell. Starring Bruce Campbell. With surprise appearance by Ted Raimi.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since God created man, and man created the Transformers, the Transformers are like a gift from God, Randal!

Eh. im gonna drink some haytorade on this one.

It looks like a bad mix of ID4 and Godzilla (2000)...too much time around a buncha humans i dont give a fuck about, and during any scene theyre on for more than a few minues, im looking at my watch, thinking "i wonder if Jazz is gonna show up? or..or a dino-bot?!"

I mean, godzilla, that was 15 minutes of choppers fighting him on buildings, wrapped in like 2 hours of matthew broderick sucking. Im just hoping this isnt another Alien Vs Predator cookie-cutter deal that rides on the name alone, cause it easily could be.

Eh. im gonna drink some haytorade on this one.

It looks like a bad mix of ID4 and Godzilla (2000)...too much time around a buncha humans i dont give a fuck about, and during any scene theyre on for more than a few minues, im looking at my watch, thinking "i wonder if Jazz is gonna show up? or..or a dino-bot?!"

I mean, godzilla, that was 15 minutes of choppers fighting him on buildings, wrapped in like 2 hours of matthew broderick sucking. Im just hoping this isnt another Alien Vs Predator cookie-cutter deal that rides on the name alone, cause it easily could be.

Hey! You can't have Haytoraid when I'm not dishing it out, bitch! However I'll give you a sip since this movie has no Dinobots. And if you wan't to get technical the comic was about a bunch of umans nobody cared about. I mean who gave 2 fucks about Buster Whitwicky?

i loved buster :chief:

right, but nobody's going into this expecting the comic version, id figure the retro crowd wants something in the vein of the cartoon, and anyway if i recall, the cartoon had transformers on the earth since prehistoric times, so its not even accu...you know what? right, arguing about big robots again, my bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Aqua Teen' to bigscreen

Adult Swim adaptation marks First Look's initial foray into animation

By DAVE MCNARY

Adult Swim's feature version of surreal animated series "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" has been set for a March release by First Look Pictures with an opening of more than 800 playdates.

The 86-minute pic, written, produced and directed by co-creators Matt Maiellaro and Dave Willis, marks First Look's initial theatrical foray into animation as well as Adult Swim's first feature under the Williams Street banner.

The film centers on the origins of "Hunger Force" characters Meatwad, Frylock and Master Shake and an immortal piece of exercise equipment threatening the balance of galactic peace.

"It was too big a story to do in 11 minutes," Willis told Daily Variety. "It's based on our fear of exercise equipment."

Maiellaro and Willis will be voicing several parts each, and several members of the TV cast will be reprising their roles. Bruce Campbell and Neil Peart of the band Rush provide voice talent as well.

"Aqua Teen Hunger Force" premiered in September 2001, when Adult Swim launched. More than 60 episodes of the series have been completed.

Variety

• 3 weeks later...
Castlevania is a 2007 film based on the Castlevania video game series. The film will be directed and written by Paul W. S. Anderson, and Crystal Sky Pictures is set to handle production, and the film will be distributed by Rogue Pictures, the genre division of Universal's art-house subsidiary, Focus Features. Anderson has also helmed a couple other video game adatations, Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil (along with writing both sequels: Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Resident Evil: Extinction), and is set to produce a theatrical version of Death Race 2000.

Very few details regarding the storyline or cast are available at this time, but the film will almost certainly feature the characters of Dracula, who has been a villain in virtually every past Castlevania game, and some member or members of the Belmont family, the protagonists of the Castlevania series. Anderson says that the film will span "hundreds of years", and recent news has revealed the main setting to be 15th-Century Transylvania. The Internet Movie Database reports Jonathan Frakes is rumored for the role of "Grandfather", although this has yet to be confirmed. Location scouting is currently under way in Hungary and Romania, with the castle interiors to be constructed on-stage in Budapest.

Castlevanie110606.jpg

Here's a movie I WON"T BE GOING TO SEE for any reason.

The only problem with that being that this combines two genres that are commonly shitty. Vampire movies and video game adaptations. This thing has everything going against it, now maybe it'll be a surprise but I've a feeling this will be nothing more than a more coherant Bloodrayne.

Given my realisticly low standards for video game flicks, i find myself pleasantly surprised by the likes of RE, MK and Silent Hill. Tho youre right about this mix of shit genres, that only lowers the bar for me even more, meaning my chances of enjoying this movie are higher than they were at, say, teenage years going into Mario Bros.

Uwe Boll, legendary bad filmmaker who likes directing videogame films such as Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, and BloodRayne. Currently he's working on film versions of Postal, Farcry, and a sequel to BloodRayne (because it needed a secret). He's gotten so many bad reviews that last year he actually challenged the writers of five of his worst reviews to a boxing match. Footage will be shown with Postal.

And yeah, he's been actively trying to get the rights to Metal Gear.