Hondo's Bar

Awful Movie Appreciation

Keth

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we came to terms with the fact that Rocky and Apollo weren't gay, I think Iceman and Maverick are safely hetero.

one goddamn beach scene! one (that i recall)! :yup:

you did this to MGS4 too, you son of a bitch. im banning you the week Peace Walker is released.

newt: why shake your head at Big Trouble in Little China? that's not what Jack Burton would do.

I've watched muscular young men rub each other with oil and then slowly suckle on each others junk and it was somehow less gay than Top Gun.

Well NZA, now we've confirmed that it's terrible because Haku agrees with you. Everyone knows that, as far as music goes, he's gayer than the volleyball scene in Top Gun. :yup:

I may catch some shit for this one.

Rocky Horror is not a good movie. It's terrible and only about a 4th of its awful is intentional.

I've probably seen it 20 times and half of those were live shows.

is pretty bad too. I still love it.

Hackers is a big pile of silly nonsense. I don't even know where to start...the casual skateboarding as a reasonable means of indoor transportation? The camo spraypainted laptops jacking internet connections through payphones? Wow.

which one of you un American fucks has a problem with Top Gun?!

Top Gun is the male version of Beaches, damn it! You don't fuck with Top Gun, ya hear!?!?!?!?!

Top Gun is the male version of Bound. To be one of the gayest things of the 80s is one of the hardest honors to achieve for that decade, but Top Gun fits in somewhere between Glam Rock and Boy George in that sparkly rainbow.

Monster Squad and The Gate are good calls, good lord do I miss traumatizing PG horror. Also, comparing Ghoulies to Critters is not fair, the first two were good, Ghoulies has always been terrible.

Both Short Circuits were terrible but I love them. :yup:

god I miss the 1980s!

Look, 1980s films were all about a good motherfucking yarn. Realism? Fuck it! Story? FUCK IT! All you needed were great one liners, a metric fuckton of testosterone, and some 1980s rock. Top Gun is awesome because it doesn't try to be anything more than AMERICA ROCKS, and so do fighter jets. And because of that it succeeds.

God I hate the 80's.

which one of you un American fucks has a problem with Top Gun?!

Top Gun is the male version of Beaches, damn it! You don't fuck with Top Gun, ya hear!?!?!?!?!

Top Gun is huge pile of shit, sorry man.

is pretty bad too. I still love it.

Are you high?

Edited by alive she cried

Predator_two.jpg

Come on you know you love this movie its got Danny Glover and Bill Paxton!

The part in the abattoir is one my favorite action movie scenes.

It aslo get double fan boy points for having an Alien skull in the thophy cabinet.

Aw come on, this one was good. Not cheesy and terrrible like the original. There were no future governers in Predator 2, and everyone had sufficient time to bleed.

Predator_two.jpg

Come on you know you love this movie its got Danny Glover and Bill Paxton!

The part in the abattoir is one my favorite action movie scenes.

It aslo get double fan boy points for having an Alien skull in the thophy cabinet.

I've never understood the dislike for this movie.

I mean, even Sci-fi fans and B-movie fans often express disdain for this. Why? It's got great characters, dialogue and action set pieces.

Cartoony, but well within B-movie parameters.

I find it to be just as good as the original and in some ways better.

Edited by Jumbie

+10% to my respect for baytor, which compensates for the -10% he took for being a fan of Freddie got fingered.

EDIT: Well, almost. I mean, it's adding ten percent of 90% of the original value so- Stop staring at me with that glazed look, Nick!

Um, yeah, Predator II rules.

Edited by Jumbie