Hondo's Bar

Lady Gaga

The NZA

Lady Gaga or Lady Gag/Lord Gaga?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Whao, apparently Logan & Chris Rock were on tha money. I wondered why the song sounded so familiar. . .

Lady PlAGiArist ???

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" sounds like Madonna's "Express Yourself." The Amp hears it. Fans hear it. Evidently Madonna hears it. But Lady Gaga... not so much.

"I am not stupid enough to put out a record and be that moronic," Gaga told the NME (via the Prophet Blog) at the top of a rant that began with denial then quickly transformed into rage, indignation, devastation, and religious pandering. It's her very own version of the Five Stages of Grief! We've helpfully diagrammed the conversation below:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...

So what is the only thing that comes to mind really. For years and years so many artists in every genre have ripped off each other...there is so little "GOOD" "ORIGINAL" music out right now it is incredibly sad.

If you like her stuff great, I personally enjoy her music, think she has a bangin body, and really has a strong voice, no matter who she may or may not appear to be emulating. If you don't like, that's your right. I just don't see why people get so up in arms about it.

Yes, she's an odd bird and loves to put on her own little freak show...but how is that any different from so many rappers being disgustingly tattood EVERYWHERE and flashy and guady, or Eminem still lyrically killing people (literally/and figuratively) with and in his music...today pretty much everyone exists at the extreme ends of the spectrum just to be noticed and sell records, which most times is their bottom line because it's what makes them their money.

So the moral of the story...the bitching and controversy is old and kind of annoying because in another couple of years it'll be someone else and we'll all have new reasons to get down on a new artist and their cookie cutter music.

The problem, as with all pop music, is that its crammed into my ear holes everywhere I go so if I don't enjoy it, I can't abstain. See: Train, Ke$ha, Hinder, or if you're oldschool the Spice Girls. I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, I get tired of seeing their faces on everything, and most of all I get tired of hearing somebody is a genius because of some lame publicity stunt they pull.

They are no different from grandstanding rappers or Eminem and I hate them all equally. Why I'm making fun of Lady Gaga here specifically, is because it's becoming harder and harder to ignore that she's coasting on derivative same-y music and over-the-top publicity stunts to make try and stretch that 15 minutes of fame that mediocre pop artists get and I'm quite happy that her reign of terror is finally coming to an end and I can move on to the next annoying bubble-gum creature.

Her voice is amazing. I wish she would do more A Capella shit. Oh well.

Honestly that's the part that annoys me the most. She's not untalented, quite the opposite in fact. She has a good voice and she can play the piano really well and if she put either of those things to use, had good lyrics, or was crazy in a Tori Amos way she'd be downright palatable. But the difference is that Tori Amos is actually that weird in real life while Lady Gaga is an auto-tune abusing hipster of the worst order, at least Ke$ha is in on the joke with her schlocky lyrics and trashy image, Lady Gaga is like the kid who keeps eating bugs because they think it makes them popular.

except gaga is making mad money for those bugs, and also, her videos are way more interesting than pop ones have been in years.

i havent heard her new singles, but her last album wasn't bad. i dont get overexposed to her stuff thankfully (that right is reserved for more heinous bullshit like "like a g6" UGH) but id still put her quite well above shit like Kei$ha, fuck i wish she was born mute.

except gaga is making mad money for those bugs, and also, her videos are way more interesting than pop ones have been in years.

i havent heard her new singles, but her last album wasn't bad. i dont get overexposed to her stuff thankfully (that right is reserved for more heinous bullshit like "like a g6" UGH) but id still put her quite well above shit like Kei$ha, fuck i wish she was born mute.

wow, you've come a long way since making this thread title, nick. i'm proud of ya, big guy. also, you're finally giving logans some new material for his next roast vid.

And for still being an ardent supporter of Hitler. Never forget, Doj. Never forget

On all matters Gaga, I caught some of her Monster Ball(?) concert thingie at Madison Sq Garden on the teevees the other night, and I'll say this: The girl knows how to put on a show. Obviously I have no real gauge for this kind of live show(closest I've ever seen to a wardrobe change is Iggy Pop getting his cock out at the Big day out), but what I saw had a definite sense of drama to it, a kind of story(?) unfolding throughout the show, including some tentacle stuff(that's more playing to Baytor's point though). The thought I had at the time was pretty much what NZA has said: She's about the most interesting thing happening in Pop today, and to my mind one of the more interesting personalities of the genre proper, discounting scandal and just looking purely @ presentation.

Edited by The JZA

• 2 weeks later...

Aarty...I have to admit...I shake my bootie to Gaga, when one of her songs that I like comes on... :pinch:

Her new album Born This Way was released today. Not all the songs are my favorite...but after seeing her live special she did on HBO...I like her a lot more as an artist.

She does much more singing on this album as opposed to The Fame with that digitized voice stuff she did on that album. Overall, I like it, it's upbeat and was a good way to kick off Monday.

Haven't heard the new album yet, but just came across this video today. Say what you will about her looks, but this chick is a committed performer. She doesn't miss a note...

<object width="464" height="295" id="2041680" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="Lady Gaga Falls Off Her Piano Funny Videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MjA0MTY4MA=="></param><param'>http://embed.break.com/MjA0MTY4MA=="></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MjA0MTY4MA==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="295"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/lady-gaga-falls-off-her-piano-2041680?utm_source=scribol" target="_blank">Lady Gaga Falls Off Her Piano</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/" target="_blank">Funny Videos</a></font>

• 1 month later...