Hondo's Bar

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

the division of joy

I did both of those last week.

I'm loving it deeply. I'm also making characters specifically to break the FUCK out of the game, because I'm a curious kitten and I don't want to fuck up my main character.

Protip: lvl 81 is cool and all, but when you trudge out to fight a level scaled dragon with steel armor and minor health potions, problems quickly arise.

The Infinium glitch is what I was referring to. I would really advise against using it on your main, just make a new character and then you'll have 80 perk points to fuck around with. For shiggles.

You have to go through a nasty dungeon, and the 2nd part doesn't trigger until lvl 15. But you can hit it pretty quick by using the speech glitch you posted earlier.

I also backstabbed the guy during the tutorial for about 10 minutes to get my sneak up to 100.

heads up, axels - PS3 patch is on its way (out in europe!) bad news: some people are saying their game's freezing with it. hopefully it's sorted by the time it gets here.

also: 40/40 from Famitsu, first western game i can think of pulling that off, props.

Dovahkiin cloud journal

Morndas, 4th of Sun's Dawn, 4E 202

Some lady asked me to deliver a gem to Solitude for her. I still don't see why people I've never met trust me with these random, menial tasks. Anyway, I accepted, but I can't go to Solitude. Last time I was there I got into a nasty scrap outside the gate with two dragons and a confused horse, while I was in the process of running nude from town trying to unload thousands of useless potions I made.

Anyway, long story short, I'm currently wanted there for cannibalism and assorted crimes against humanity. Ungrateful swine.

So I hoof it to my pad in Whiterun and turn the gem into an amulet and sell it to the local blacksmith. I figure I should probably check out what the wife is up to while I'm in town, I haven't seen her in months. She wasn't cooking and cleaning at home, where I left her, which I admit got me pretty upset. After checking around the local market I finally spot her.

There she is. Chit chatting with that annoying priest of Talos. She KNOWS how I feel about that guy. I confront her in the act and she has the audacity to greet me with "Hello, my dear! I've missed you so". Well, that's just fuel for the fire, so I did what any rational Black Marsh lizardman would do: I turn into a werewolf in plain sight, backhand that bitch into next week and bite the babbling priest's head off.

Then it looks like the guards want in on some of this action, so I jump up on a wall and howl until I turn back to normal, then explain to them that I'm the fucking THANE OF WHITERUN, I KILL fucking DRAGONS and I'll do as I goddamn please around here!

They apologize and promptly leave me alone. I still got that one guards badge number, I'm going to have a conversation with the Jarl about him.

• Upvote 2

Digital Foundry takes it to Bethesda over PS3 port - holy shit.

As you can see on the 65 hour side, the effect is impossible to miss and given its severity, the outcry that has followed on forums is very much justified. These prolonged bouts of stuttering render the game almost completely unplayable, even during non-intensive walks down pathways, with some freezes lasting long enough to drag the frame-rate down to zero in places - the first time we've seen this in years of performance analysis here at Digital Foundry.

i remember hearing trouble with Fallout: NV for PS3, but this shit is fucking awful. pretty shitty they went for sales over quality when this clearly needed a few more months of testing - look at how good the Oblivion port turned out! and it only took like a year.

you're pretty far along too, right? because GAF, gamefaqs, bethesda's forums etc make it seem like you're having a good experience where many aren't.

i mean, fucksake, watch the videos at that link - if that was me, i'd want my money back. nothing ive read of the 360 version comes close to that.

*edit compiling bug thread - perhaps more than a matter of goddamn seconds

looks like another patch is coming. meanwhile, an actual dev talks about the issue, while IGN somehow managed to find a number of people who weren't maldron.

PS3 issue seems pretty epidemic. But all the PS3 only guys also would have been all pissed if they had to wait on it while everyone else played, and I would have been pissed if I had to wait on them to wrap up a PS3 version.

Bethesda games just arent so great on that system. NZA implied that Oblivion worked, but other than that I hear a lot of horror storiea.

I had severe framerate drop. Then I quit the game and restarted and everything got better for an hour or two. Then I'd quit the game and restart.

And 9000 people had zero problems in that poll, man. That was around 1/4 of the participants. Frankly, the problems are only game-breaking in that you had to stop playing to play.

That said:

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/mza05/skyrim_ps3_framerate_fallout_new_vegas_developer/

Edited by Maldron

logans - yeah, i know it's not realistic to ask most companies to delay a game past the holiday season (even for just one system) but frankly if not, idve expected a faster response. a GOTY contender like this deserves better, and while Oblivion was a top-notch port, again i think it really enjoyed something like an entire year since the PC/360 versions.

And 9000 people had zero problems in that poll, man. That was around 1/4 of the participants.

this is the worst defense of anything i've seen since Tully represented the ghostbusters in court. the fact that you doubled-down on it by reposting the link i just put up before you - wow.

I think this problem is only as bad as the folks playing make it out to be. The frame rate stuff is definitely annoying but calling it gamebreaking isnt right. The new patch seemed to fix it anyway. I know my game is running a helluva lot smoother.