deepdown-16-7fps-290-1iosm.gif

iLSORBYQiJAqD.gif

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

izZWw9j6v7tvJ.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

iJtlFtkI2gR1P.gif

ps

Immediate Gameplay

PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features “suspend mode” which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.

PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode. The system takes it one step further by making digital titles playable as they are being downloaded. When a player purchases a game, PS4 downloads just a fraction of the data so gamers can start playing immediately, and the rest is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay.

GhNQsDm.jpg

depending on the exact wattage, i think this could be a really cool feature

What I'm really noticing in all the clips is damned near perfectly lighting. Glowing, reflecting, refracting, burning, shimmering, lens flare, it all looks flawless. Now, whether it was look as flawless in full screen, on an HDTV (in 1080?), in game...that remains to be seen, but damn these clips look good right now.

One of the tech demos that impressed me was an on-console million object physics render, where they spawned a million blue balls in a flat plane and they all hit the environment below and reacted naturally. I do believe a lot of the hype on how well the graphics will work.

More news from press follow ups - it can play used games, killzone is a launch title, and the third witcher will be on a sony console, despite its microsoft history.

Exactly Lipala. They could have gone with a cutting edge infrastructure, but that generally means fewer developers are going to be able to afford to touch it at first.

A shitty library can make or break a console. Honestly, it's why I had no desire to get a PS3 until a year or two after launch. There were like 3 games, not counting shit like Genji and Folklore (okay, Folklore has it's moments).

I'm still not excited about this, but E3 hasn't happened yet either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at pre orders on amazon and they're $100 per game.... I just don't know how that's justified..

Besides all the dlc nickel n diming, graphics engines are going to be created and re used for 3 yrs minimum. No ones reinventing the wheel at all this coming gen but games are getting a $40 boost? I hope that's just because its a preorder for an unreleased system. (A la N64)

reading on it a little, and the 100 dollar price point is just a place holder. You get the game at the lowest price at launch, 100 bucks is just incase it is raised, I don't think there's gonna be a jump in prices next gen. It wouldn't make too much sense.