Hondo's Bar

Marvel Cinematic Universe (phase 3 & beyond)

Keth

Marvel Will Not Do a 'Phase 4' Reveal Event. Nothing Until SDCC 2019

• 3 weeks later...

They've been quietly seeding the next generation for a while.  Amadeus Cho's mother was in Avenger's 2, Miles Morales' uncle was in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and then of course they've established the Nova Corps (whether that means Richard Ryder or Sam Alexander remains to be seen) and conveniently left a big scene involving them out of Infinity War that could easily be slotted into the beginning of a solo movie.  The question I have is whether Kamahla Khan will be introduced in the Captain Marvel movie as a small child in the 90s or introduced in Avengers 4/Captain Marvel 2.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

RUMOR: “The Eternals” Set To Star First Openly Gay Actor In A Marvel Film

As it turns out, that future is nearly upon us as the studio searches for an actor, 30-49, who “physically looks like a superhero” for one of the film’s leads. While the studio is open to actors of all ethnicity, they would prefer the role to go to an openly gay actor.

digging this, smart money says ikaris or sersi

question is: how openly gay can the character be without endangering the ever important but shitty chinese box office? do any romantic/overt scenes get cut for the full blu ray release/etc?

• 1 month later...

Kevin Feige: A 'Very Long Time' Before X-Men in the MCU (NOT part of the five-year Phase 4 plan)

“It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

glad to hear they're not rushing it?  i just need to see DOOM before then 

• 2 weeks later...

Did he say the FF was coming though? I mean, if he's claiming there was a five year plan in place before the merger, I don't think FF would have been in it either. Or Doom. 

I do think the Celestials are the next big thing. They did give us Knowhere, so that's set up in the universe.

Re: the Chinese market holding back the portrayal of gay characters, is it an issue of the govt not allowing such portrayals or audiences being turned off by them? Cuz one is more of an obstacle than the other.

as i understand it, the former - the gov't allows a slim # of foreign movies into their massive market, and anything deemed subversive (pro LGBT+, pro Tibet a la the controversy with Strange, apparently anything remotely referencing winnie the pooh etc) is instantly denied.  it's shit. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home is the final film in Phase 3 of the MCU

It seems Spider-Man: Far From Home has been bumped up to Phase 3 instead of being the start of Phase 4 (or whatever follows the Infinity Saga is called). Makes sort of sense since it apparently picks up minutes after Endgame.

Skip to the ~30 second mark.

via MCU Cosmic

On 4/9/2019 at 10:57 AM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

I think this is because they plan on introing the FF right away. Avenger films are ending (along with Guardians) so, I believe, FF (and Eternals) will be the new team leg(s) of the MCU.

Solid theory, but don't forget the X-Men. I think we'll see more Skrull, Kree, and now most likely Shi'ar in Phase IV as well. If Fox hadn't already done versions of the Phoenix Saga twice, I'd say that'd be a shoe-in for Phase IV, but I'm not betting it'll play a big part in Phase IV. Further down the line once X-Men are recast and established in the MCU, it's possible.  My bet on the "Next Thanos" is Annihilus. (Hopefully we also get an awesome Galactus/Silver Surfer film in the next decade. )

Or we could all be wrong and Phases IV-VI will just be Deadpool and Squirrel Girl led film parodies of the first three phases. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

So, having only seen GOTG 1 & 2, Black Panther and Ant Man pre Covid, I've been watching through these again in chronological order. 

Highlights have been Captain America: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Ant Man, Spiderman: Homecoming and pretty much any of the Avengers films have rocked, with Ragnarok being one of the funnier films I've seen in a while. Korg needs his own film. 

Low-lights have been the first Captain America film and sadly Black Panther (both times I've seen it now) didn't really hold my attention at all.

I've only got Captain Marvel, Endgame and Far from Home to watch, but I kinda regret sleeping on the series as a whole, as two (in my opinion) misses out of the whole bunch is exceptional going.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Wow! 1