Hondo's Bar

Marvel Cinematic Universe (phase 3 & beyond)

Keth

Marvel Mystery Event

"Let's talk about Phase Three," Feige said. First revelation: The full title of the third "Captain America" film is "Captain America: Serpent Society," which is scheduled for May 6, 2016.

Announced officially for Nov. 4, 2016: "Doctor Strange," which gets a logo reveal on the screen. "I think I've been talking about 'Doctor Strange' since the day I was born," Feige said. "Because I love it, because it's very important to us, and because it takes us a while to work on these movies.

"Guardians of the Galaxy 2" has a new release date: May 5, 2017. The film was originally announced for July of that year. A short video from Gunn plays on the screen, telling the fans he wanted to spend the "whole summer" with them.

Coming in July 28, 2017: "Thor: Ragnaro."

"Chris Hemsworth is returning as Thor, of course Tom HIddleston returning as Loki," Feige said. "This is a very important movie for us in the Phase Three timeline," he continued, comparing it to how "Captain America: Winter Soldier" also changed the course of Marvel Studios. The film will pick up where things are left off for Thor in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

"Black Panther" is made official for Nov. 3, 2017 -- "T'Challa himself, and all of Wakanda" -- is coming to theaters on . "We have already started seeding things in the films leading up to this moment," Feige said, calling Black Panther one of the most exciting and integral Marvel characters. The film will be about the "isolationist nation" of Wakanda meeting the rest of the world, which may go well and may not.

Another new character joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe: "Captain Marvel," set for July 6, 2018. "I want to make it very clear that this Captain Marvel's name is Carol Danvers," Feige said. This film has been in development alomst as long as "Guardians of the Galaxy," according to Feige, who said the character straddles two worlds -- Earth-bound origins and outer space adventures.

If that weren't enough, the Marvel Studios head announced a slew of new films that are sure to excite fans -- by way of an Infinity Gauntlet onscreen with the next two "Avengers" films on the stack: "Avengers: Infinity War" parts one and two -- Part 1 hits May 2018, Part 2 in May 2019.

So much stuff!

9qkezRh.jpg

Edited by Axels

"Our plan has never been altered based on what anyone else is doing," said Kevin Feige when someone asked about the challenges of there being so many superhero movies, especially since Warner Bros. recently announced its full DC movie slate through 2020. "In any genre, frankly, particularly in any other superhero film. In terms of the dating, that’s why we plant flags as early as we do, to mark some territory, so that you can hopefully have some room. But the truth is there are always going to be big movies on almost every weekend. What we’ve found so far is that if the movie delivers, the movie will do well. That’s what we focus on: what we can control, which is the quality of the pictures." During the extensive Q&A (via Slash Film), following the Marvel Studios presentation, Kevin Feige also addressed why Marvel didn't make any of these big "Phase Three" announcements at San Diego Comic-Con. "We wanted to do this at Comic Con this year," admitted the producer. "Things were not set. Things for Civil War were not set yet, Guardians hadn’t come out yet, the comfort with dating a few of the other movies wasn’t set yet. So the plan has been, since a few weeks before Comic Con when we realized we weren’t going to be able to do everything we wanted to do, is to decide 'let’s do either something we haven’t done in a long time, or something we’ve never done.' Which is a singular event, just to announce what we have when it’s ready. I thought that might be early August, or mid-September, it ended up being today."

Furthmore, Feige also discussed why Benedict Cumberbatch wasn't announced as Doctor Strangetoday even though recent reports saud that he's in final negotiations. "I can say that if it were confirmed, we would have introduced him," said the producer. "I like that Chadwick [boseman], for the most part — I think there’s always been speculation on lots of good actors for Black Panther — but I’m glad that didn’t leak in earnest, the way every single other actor in human history that is of a certain age has been for Doctor Strange. So along with everything else, [Doctor Strange] will be announced maybe this afternoon? Next week? Next month? Sometime before the release of the movie." Speaking of Black Panther, Feige was then asked if we'll see Boseman as T'Challa before his appear in Captain America: Civil War...perhaps in Avengers: Age of Ultron. "With Black Pather, what our little song and dance at the end was meant to signifiy, and I’ll just clarify it for you: he is definitively a big part of Civil War. We will meet him for the first time in Civil War, in costume," he reassured.

When asked if we'll soon find how what actress is being considered for Captain Marvel, Kevin Feige says: "My guess is rumors will start flying this second. The initial announcements, in terms attachments for that film, will probably be the writer and director announcements, which I do actually expect will be quite soon. In terms of the actress, I think there’s more time." The Marvel Studios president was then asked if he was looking at women and minorities to direct or writeCaptain Marvel and Black Panther. "Oh we are, and we’re doing what we always do, which is looking for the best filmmakers, the best writers, the best directors possible," he replied. "So I’m not going to say for sure that we’re going to hire from any one demographic, but we’re meeting a lot of people. Reggie, for one, i’ve known for many many years, and he’s a great guy. I think I’m meeting with him again shortly. We will do what we’ve always done, which is hire what we believe to be the best people to write the films, and to direct the films." For the full Q&A, where Kevin Feige addresses the Defenders Netflix series, Runaways, and how the Inhumans world is being created, watch the vid above. What do you think?

• 7 months later...

Deadpool

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Captain America: Civil War

X-Men: Apocalypse

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell

Suicide Squad

Gambit

Doctor Strange

Untitled Power Rangers reboot

Untitled The Wolverine sequel

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Untitled Fantastic Four sequel

Wonder Woman

Untitled Spider-Man film

Thor: Ragnarok

Justice League Part One

The Flash

Avengers: Infinity War, Part I

Black Panther

Aquaman

The Batman

Captain Marvel

Shazam

Avengers: Infinity War, Part II

Justice League Part Two

Inhumans

Cyborg

Green Lantern

and Star Wars stuff.

e0e94d7b3eaeb2e3455af5da79708f5f0817f0c80392ed91d50e18a5cbf268c6.jpg

• 3 months later...

...so along with that Ant Man 2 announcement came some revised dates!

May 6: Captain America: Civil War

November 4: Dr. Strange

May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

July 28: Spider-Man

November 3: Thor: Ragnarok

February 16: Black Panther

May 4 : Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1

July 6: Ant-Man and the Wasp

March 8 : Captain Marvel

May 3: Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2

July 12: Inhumans

Panther being moved up is the real story here, folks

tumblr_mloqbl26Er1r5xw0xo1_500.gif

Is it just me or does the year "2020" look really fucking futuristic. Like way more so than any other year this century. Every time I see it, all I can hear in my head is "In a world, where mankind no longer...".

It's like the future officially begins in five years time. Also, any kids born from that year on, will be able to say they were born in the "20's". Do ye think we'll revert to using 20's, 30's and so on? If so, that'll take some serious adjusting.

For me, the future was 'officially' here when '2015' hit. I get Space Odyssey imagery when I think about the year 2020. I think it'll totally go back to 20's, 30s - that'd be pretty cool.

It's so insane how much the world change in 10 years - w/ the introduction of the internet and cell phones. We're one of those generations that can remember and appreciate 'the dark ages'. I remember having to write phone numbers down, man! Pay phones! Answering machines! Recording tv shows on VHS! All these superhero movies were things you could only dream about as a kid w/ your buds. Now these huge, epic movies are all standard. Insanity. I'm still assimilating...the world changed so fast.

abe-simpson.jpg

EDITED the pic - it wasn't showing again on my Wii U...I keep picking the odd file types, my bad. I no know this stuff too good.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 being renamed, might tie into recent Captain America

With the news that Brie Larson is in talks to play Captain Marvel, comes a tidbit that the Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 movie may have been renamed to Avengers 3.

In Deadline's report about Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, they make mention that the character may first appear in a different Marvel franchise "possibly Avengers 3 (formerly Avengers: Infinity War Part One)."

The report also states Captain Marvel may appear in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Regarding the reason for the change to Avengers 3, we can speculate it's for branding and marketing purposes, and it might even signify the first Infinity War movie is set more on Earth.

Rumor has it Captain Marvel will be making her film debut prior to her stand-alone film in another Marvel franchise, possibly Avengers 3 (formerly Avengers: Infinity War Part One) or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Similar, in other words, to how the studio unveiled Black Panther and the rebooted Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

more from deadline

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo are currently on a “victory lap,” you might say (after the incredible run of Captain America: Civil War reviews), through New York City this week. Early on Wednesday, I met them at a Midtown hotel to talk about the new film. During this discussion, Joe dropped a nifty piece of information about their next films, Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 in 2018 and Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 in 2019… namely, they won’t be called that much longer.

I asked the brothers how they decided where to divide the movie – and they said this was a misconception because the two movies are entirely different entities.

“The movies are two very different movies,” answered Joe.

I then asked if it’s misleading having them labeled as “Part 1” and “Part 2”

“It is misleading,” said Anthony.

Joe added, “The intention is we will change it, we just haven’t come up with the titles yet. But, yes, we will change it. And, yes, that is a scoop: we will retitle them.”

here's some spoilery stuff that i didn't read but will post

Chris Evans is expected to reprise his role as Captain America/Steve Rogers in “Avengers: Infinity War- Part I.” A twist in the recently released in “Captain America: Steve Rogers #1” made fans speculate that Evans’ character is a villain in the third “Avengers” film to be released on May 4, 2018.

Fans were surprised to find out that from the start, Captain America has been a secret Hydra agent as Marvel revealed in “Captain America: Steve Rogers #1.” It turned out that this twist has been long planned.

Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort told Time that the twist has been in the works for more than a year. He said “Captain America: Steve Rogers #1” writer Nick Spencer pitched them the story as part and parcel of restoring Steve Rogers to his “youth and vigor.”

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Spencer explained that Rick Remender, a previous writer of the series, has been working towards a similar twist before he did. The former said the latter had been building towards the story of Hydra having infiltrated various super teams and government institutions.

Spencer told the publication that he thought that Remender’s idea sounded like “too big of a story.” Therefore, he drilled the idea down and thought, “What if there’s just one very valuable Hydra plant?”

This led to Spencer’s realization that Steve Rogers can be the most valuable secret Hydra agent. The writer said nobody could do more damage than the character.

and, finally: the Russos want Wolverine in the MCU

also: preveiw of the netflix universe during this event

fantastic-four-243.png