Hondo's Bar

MegaCon - Orlando, Florida

The NZA

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so this year, im plannin a trip up to MegaCon, and the following Hondonians have expressed interest in a roadtrip:

myself

newtype (sorry man, ill call when im not at work)

La Lindsay

Senshik

2Track (he lives nearby)

so im tryin to talk with Da Cap'n, Junkerseed, Dinghy, Silent Bob, Ruby, and anyone else down for a meetup. We can go for 1 day, and spend the other at tourist shit around Orlando (im hopin for a waterpark), or both days at the con if need be - i wont have much $ but it should be fun. Here's this year's info:

February 24th - 26th

Show Hours

Friday 1pm - 7pm (advance ticket purchasers get in at 12pm)

Saturday 10am - 6pm

Sunday 10am - 5pm

Please Note: Some panel and breakout rooms remain open to 11:30pm

Advance Ticket Prices

$20.24 One-day pass (this includes 6.5% sales tax)

$45.80 Week-end pass (this includes 6.5% sales tax)

Ticket Prices at the Door

$22 one-day pass (this includes sales tax)

$48 week-end pass (this ncludes sales tax)

Guest list (comic artists & writers - http://www.megaconvention.com/comicguest.asp)

Mark Brooks

Tommy Castillo

George Perez

Mike Perkins

Brandon Peterson

Brian Pulido

Tim Townsend

Bob Andelman

Billy Tucci

Ethan Van Sciver

Steve Epting

Jimmy Palmiotti

Amanda Conner

George Tuska

Laura Martin

Sal Buscema (Sal will be doing free head sketches at the show)

Phil Noto

Greg Land

Michael Lark

Andy Smith

Andy Runton

Robert Venditti

Chuck Dixon

Nick Cardy

Jonathan Luna & Joshua Luna

Adam Hughes

Al Feldstein

Jimmy Cheung

Bob McLeod

Howard Chaykin

Pablo Marcos

Terry Cronin & Pat Martin

Randy Green

Mike Wieringo

Dick Giordano

Billy Dallas Patton

Bob Layton

Mike Choi

Steve Bacic

..and a shit-ton more i havnet heard much of, to be honest. Media guests (from various sci-fi/cult shows, and anime voice actors) can be found here: http://www.megaconvention.com/mediaguest.asp

For me, the list isnt really selling it, but its a good time, and looking like a good crowd this year, so i say we make this happen. Who's down?

Definitely. We might have enough for 2, actually, if i get a buddy from here at Baptist to come, as well as Da Cap'n. Lodging shouldnt be an issue, either, and im garunteeing about 75% less police involvement than my prevoius roadtrips.

Being a comic convention virign* I need closure:

If I meet an artist do I need to pay him for a sketch?

Is there hooch?

Them molls in Spiderwoman costumes...up for a ride or do Marvel pay them to be hot....?

*besides the Ennis one in Dun Laoghaire, which was more like hung over cunts trying to keep the party going.....oh hey, IC don't know if you remember when I told you about the priest (turned out he was a brother, whatever, they both have the same threads) that used t'get Preacher at the comic store I frequented, but I picked up the "Chosen" trade and who was the afterword written by but him....fuck that...Millar coulda gotten me to write it instead..... :misty:

1) you pretty much gotta pay any artist youd want a sketch from. A few guys used to do them free (Stuart Immomen sp? comes to mind) but fanboys usually piss them off early on.

2) Nah, but we try to bring flasks or canteens.

3) Spider-Woman costumes? Im afraid youre in for quite a surprise when you meet your first biscuit-shy-of-300-lbs chick in a kitty suit.

shit, thats kinda cool though...Chosen turned out alright with that weird ending. I ever tell you i got Kevin Smith to autograph his foreward to Preacher TPB 2? he just kinda smiled and signed "i wrote this"

:( I'm so disappointed Michael Lark cancelled. I want more Daredevil sigs. I guess I could get Palmiotti's...

I ever tell you i got Kevin Smith to autograph his foreward to Preacher TPB 2? he just kinda smiled and signed "i wrote this"

I did a drawing of Kev and Mewes years ago. It's a shitty drawing but I had them sign it anyway and Kev put "I drew this" on there.

• 2 weeks later...
When's this supposed to take place? I'd like to go. This would also be my first (Be gentle)

It on feb 24-26. AND WE WONT BE GENTLE.

With all the sellin' out I've done lately, I don't think that I deserve an invitation! Man, I want this to happen SOOOOOO bad!!

Fuck it man just go. Your only a sell out if have a copy of spawn any copy of spawn. If not it's all good.

i garuntee he has spawn.

Arch, its gonna be fun, at this rate (assuming people show up more than paintball), we coudl very welll have 2 cars worth of folks, as well as a meet-up with 2track, possibly Silent Bob & Ruby.

Newtype gave the dates, prices should be on this thread too (its like 20-30 something per person), and lodging's been offered by Junkerseed & Dinghy, so its just tickets, gas & food.

My plan, personally, is to take the weekend off, head out friday or so, spend 1 full day at the convention (plenty of time to shop around, go to panels & such), then spend the next day doing orlando shit. Some people want islands of adventure, i think its cheaper & more awesome to hit a water park, like White water or whatever they got up there, i gotta ask Junker, assuming last feb. is good for such things. But anyway, if hte majority wants to spend both days at the con or do somethin else, we can work that out, too - i just gotta fill in for the time off soon.

ps newtype, other comic fans - what you guys lookin for in particular? if i can somehow get room on my credit card, im just lookin for Walking Dead HC and that massive Ultimate Spidey one. and mebbe some Sandman that i cant afford.

Show Hours

Friday 1pm - 7pm (advance ticket purchasers get in at 12pm)

Saturday 10am - 6pm

Sunday 10am - 5pm

Advance Ticket Prices

$20.24 One-day pass (this includes 6.5% sales tax)

$45.80 Week-end pass (this includes 6.5% sales tax)

Ticket Prices at the Door

$22 one-day pass (this includes sales tax)

$48 week-end pass (this ncludes sales tax)

For more info go to Megacon

i garuntee he has spawn.
:birf2::party::birf:^_^

ps newtype, other comic fans - what you guys lookin for in particular? if i can somehow get room on my credit card, im just lookin for Walking Dead HC and that massive Ultimate Spidey one. and mebbe some Sandman that i cant afford.

Mosty TBP. and whatever I can get my greedy little hands on. So pray I don't get to the Ultimate Spidey one first.

What do I get if I show my cock to at least 3 comic creators (excluding thrown out of course...)

i say it depends on the context. if its preceeded by "hey George Perez, you forgot one of the Avengers in your JLA crossover...", then i owe you a drink. If its pretty much anything aimed at John Byrne, or even a fan of his, you get two.

I'm looking forward to meeting Howard Chaykin, George Perez, Dick Giordano, Billy West, Jim Cheung, Amanda Conner, Steve Epting, Greg Land, Michael Lark, Jimmy Palmiotti, Ethan Van Sciver, and the big reason i'm going to megacon is in hopes I get to meet Sal Buscema. Ask him to draw a head sketch for you. He’ll be drawing them for free all weekend.

1000045809-01.jpg

I love his cover to new avengers #10

I hope you all havent forgotten that this is my hometown. I am off the weekend of the 24/25/26 so... we definatly have to do something. I live about 2 min from I-4 and the downtown orlando area where this is held at (if at the convention center) is only 15 minutes from me. The Universal parks is only 25 min from me, and disney is 30-40 min.

I got enough room here at the hizouse to fit 6-8 people... sorta. Dunno how many chicas are going, but a good 3 can fit in my bed (yes, without me in it) since they are chicas and deserve the bed vs floor. 2 people can couch sleep (1 per couch) and there is plenty of floor space for sleeping bags. I can fall asleep on a rock, so I am not really worried about it. So if you all want free lodging, then the offer is there. (and yes, I have a nice place, it aint no shit hole)

I also have a 51 inch wide screen tv with 5 speaker surround sound (and a 6th for a subwoofer), ps2, a good movie selection and all the movie channels. I got a shite load of liquor here too. I'd say that you guys actually wouldnt be able to finish off the amount I have here in 1 weekend to be honest. BUT a good 3rd of it is my roomies but fuckem hehe. I know a awsome bar/pool hall thats 10 min from here that I would def take you all to one night. I know where all the good joints are to eat too. I have a 3 burner gas grill that I just got, and I have a Sam's club card so I can buy the bulk rate burgers n dogs and we can eat like kings. If you want... I have an in with a few meat managers and I'll buy effing steaks and really spoil the appetite.

If none of you want to stay here, thats cool too, but I def want to hang out with you all when you decide to chill. I will be buying a new annual pass to universal very soon, and that gives you all free parking (8 damn bucks) and it gives you 10% off songle ticket purchases up to a groupd of 8 or 10. There is a bar or two downtown that my roomie is fond of that we can hit too if you want the non pool hall atmosphere.

There is this Lil 500 go cart place thta has been runnin' for years that we can hit, and I live right by a nice mall, and a brand new 18 screen theater. We can head to the shooting range too if you all would like... thats always fun ^_^

Let me know what you want to do. any questions or ideas, shoot me a PM or a call, or reply to this thread.

I also have a 51 inch wide screen tv with 5 speaker surround sound (and a 6th for a subwoofer), ps2, a good movie selection and all the movie channels. I got a shite load of liquor here too

Signal08=1point

Junker seed=0 points

We have a winner.

RA and I will probably be going. I'm trying to get myself picked to be one of the students that represents the school at their annual booth. The good news is it gets me free and early admission all weekend, the bad news is it means I have to commit some of my connin' time to just sitting around. We'll see what happens.

Archived